User Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin to treat Expectoration

Also known as: Mucinex DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM, Tussin DM, Mucinex Children's Cough, Coricidin HBP Chest Congestion & Cough, Mucus Relief DM, Robafen DM, Vicks DayQuil Cough & Congestion, Guaifenesin DM, Siltussin DM, Chest Congestion Relief DM, Coricidin HBP Multi-Symptom Cold (Day), Humibid CS, Cough Formula-DM, Diabetic Tuss DM, Broncotron, Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion Sugar-Free DM, Zyncof, Benylin Expectorant, Guaiasorb Cough Medicine, Mucinex Fast-Max DM Max, Pecgen DMX, Rompe Pecho DM, Safetussin DM, Cofex-DM, Creo-Terpin, Fenesin DM IR, Tussin DM Max, Ambi 1000/55, Mucinex DM Maximum Strength, Bidex-DMI, Vicks DayQuil Mucus Control DM, GG-DM SR, Humigen DM, Altarussin DM, Guiat Clear DM, Bidex-DM, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Chesty Cough, Scot-Tussin Senior, Duratuss DM, Guiatuss Clear, Allfen DM, PediaCare Cough & Congestion, Mucinex Children's FreeFrom Cough & Mucus, HT Tuss DM, Hydro-Tuss DM, Drituss DM, Guaifen DM, Biospec DMX, Delsym Children’s Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Guai-Dex, Guaifenesin DM SR, Bidex-A, Robitussin Children' s Cough & Chest Congestion DM, Extuss LA, ExeFen-DM, Siltussin DM DAS Cough Formula, Phlemex, DuraDEX, Aquatab DM, DuraDEX Forte, Guaifen DM NR, Guiadrine DX, Balminil DM + Expectorant Sugar Free, Biocotron, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough & Chest Congestion, G Bid DM, Atuss-12 DX G-Tron G-Zyncof Guaibid DM Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM Maximum Strength Congesta DM Mucosa DM Alka-Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cough & Mucus DM Tusnel Diabetic Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Maximum Strength Duratuss DM 12 Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief DM Brontuss Tussi-Organidin-DM Guaifenex DM Triaminic Cough & Congestion Dex-Tuss DM Mucus Relief Cough Gani-Tuss-DM NR Guiadrine DM Fenex-DM Diabetic Tussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM Fenesin DM Humibid DM Pediatric Guiatussin-DM Guiatuss DM Double-Tussin DM Amibid DM Duraganidin Genatuss DM Glycotuss-DM Vicks Pediatric Formula 44e Cough & Chest Congestion Relief Guiacough DM Anti-Tuss DM Aquabid DM GG/DM …show all brand names

Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Expectoration. 44% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin Rating Summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Expectoration.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin

HK · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2018

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “I wasn't feeling well and it was recommended that I try Musinex DM. I took one 12hr pill and started to feel better or so I thought. Half through the 12hr dose I started to have blurry vision and I could feel something covering my eye. I went to look at my eye and I had green mucus coming out of it. First it was one eye, then it was both. I thought I might have conjunctivitis (pink eye) but once I stopped taking the Musinex DM the issue went away. I will never again take this product. Just doesn't work for everyone.”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2020

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “215 lb. male with headcold / chestcold and extreme congestion. Only used Mucinex for two days during daytime with lots of H2O. Broke all congestion loose resulting in sinus drainage and productive cough. Great stuff. Made me feel kind of "buzzy". I would not recommend mixing with other meds (e.g., Nyquil). This would likely cause adverse reactions. Very important to over hydrate when taking!”

Sasha · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “While taking Mucinex DM 600mg, twice a day for 7 days, I hadn't realized why I was itching something fierce. Until my 7th day when I looked up the side effects. Absolutely nothing helped to ease the itch all over but scratching. Other than that, my congestion has eased significantly.”

Mr Mike · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

“Took medicine and it actually helped me feel good for once since I’ve been sick with a chest cold for two weeks . So sick I couldn’t even go drinking . As far as the side affects , don’t worry people it’s not crack in a bottle it’s only cold medicine.”

Anxietylady · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

“Took an off brand mucinex around 10:00 pm, (same ingredients). I fell to sleep and woke up at 2:00am with extreme anxiety, dizziness, rapid heart rate, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, and shakiness. Will never take this medication or anything like it again. I'm glad I only took one tablet.”

kacik1223 January 9, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Horrible side effects. Felt like I was having an anxiety attack”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Inflames BPH prostate enlargement,raises blood pressure about 20%”

barb September 25, 2019

Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Great and effective medication. Taste is awful but it does the job.”

Larry · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2021

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Had very bad anxiety during the whole night. Was confused. Heart rate was very high. Palpation was abnormal. Chest tightness. Can not sleep. Stomach upset.”

Colex December 4, 2017

Mucinex DM Maximum Strength (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Taste was terrible and gave me a really bad after taste that I could don't get rid of. It also made we really nauseous. I would not use it again.”