Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 4, 2020.
For the Consumer
Applies to dextromethorphan / guaifenesin: oral capsule, oral liquid, oral packet, oral solution, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release 12 hour
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to dextromethorphan/guaifenesin: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral elixir, oral granule, oral liquid, oral suspension extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release
The manufacturer has not provided adverse event information.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Robafen DM (dextromethorphan-guaifenesin)." Major Pharmaceuticals Inc, Livonia, MI.
More about dextromethorphan / guaifenesin
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 26 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Patient Information
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Capsules and Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Granule Packets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Liquid
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.