User Reviews for Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin to treat Cough

Also known as: Mucinex DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM, Tussin DM, Robafen DM, Mucus Relief DM, Zyncof, Cough Formula-DM, Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Creo-Terpin, Guaiasorb Cough Medicine, Diabetic Tuss DM, Bidex-A, Siltussin DM, Biocotron, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM Maximum Strength, Congesta DM, Fenesin DM IR, Mucinex DM Maximum Strength, Benylin Expectorant, GG/DM, Bidex-DMI, Vicks DayQuil Mucus Control DM, Humibid CS, GG-DM SR, Humigen DM, Altarussin DM, Guiat Clear DM, Bidex-DM, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Chesty Cough, Scot-Tussin Senior, Mucinex Fast-Max DM Max, Pecgen DMX, Duratuss DM, Guiatuss Clear, Allfen DM, PediaCare Cough & Congestion, Mucinex Children's FreeFrom Cough & Mucus, HT Tuss DM, Hydro-Tuss DM, Drituss DM, Guaifen DM, Broncotron, Rompe Pecho DM, Biospec DMX, Delsym Children’s Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Guai-Dex, Guaifenesin DM SR, Robitussin Children' s Cough & Chest Congestion DM, Extuss LA, ExeFen-DM, Coricidin HBP Chest Congestion & Cough, Siltussin DM DAS Cough Formula, Phlemex, DuraDEX, Aquatab DM, DuraDEX Forte, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion Sugar-Free DM, Guaifen DM NR, Mucinex Children's Cough, Guiadrine DX, Balminil DM + Expectorant Sugar Free, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough & Chest Congestion, G Bid DM, Atuss-12 DX, G-Tron, G-Zyncof, Guaibid DM Safetussin DM Cofex-DM Mucosa DM Alka-Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cough & Mucus DM Tusnel Diabetic Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Maximum Strength Duratuss DM 12 Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief DM Guaifenesin DM Brontuss Tussi-Organidin-DM Chest Congestion Relief DM Guaifenex DM Coricidin HBP Multi-Symptom Cold (Day) Triaminic Cough & Congestion Dex-Tuss DM Tussin DM Max Vicks DayQuil Cough & Congestion Mucus Relief Cough Gani-Tuss-DM NR Guiadrine DM Fenex-DM Diabetic Tussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM Fenesin DM Humibid DM Pediatric Ambi 1000/55 Guiatussin-DM Guiatuss DM Double-Tussin DM Amibid DM Duraganidin Genatuss DM Glycotuss-DM Vicks Pediatric Formula 44e Cough & Chest Congestion Relief Guiacough DM Anti-Tuss DM Aquabid DM …show all brand names

Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 47% of those users who reviewed Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin Rating Summary

6.4/10 average rating

Compare all 416 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin

Mara · Taken for 10 years or more November 10, 2020

“I have taken dextromethorphan/guaifenesin for over 10 years. I have no side effects that I am aware of. My doctor knows I take. It helps my congestion and cough.”

Cece October 20, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “All this pill does for me is make me really lightheaded and Numb all day. I’m never taking Mucinex Dm ever again.”

curt October 12, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “I had flu symptoms after a flu shot. They came on immediately but the pharmacist at Walgreens said that the connection was impossible and recommended Mucinex. It does absolutely nothing to relieve the cough, runny nose or anything. She said that the Nyquil I intended to buy wouldn't work. No more Walgeens or Mucinex for me.”

susie May 1, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Took Mucinex at 5 in the afternoon. Around 8 took my night meds, Next morning stumbling around, Body felt like it was flooded with heat-chest and arm pains. Had myself checked out and was ok. Pulled up website to get complete list of medicines not to take it with and found my answer there. If you have access to the internet I would put the OTC medicine in and get a complete list of what not to take it with.”

129393939399393 November 5, 2014

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Medicine works very well for the specified 12 hours but wow it is very strong. I weigh 105 pounds and taking an entire pill will have me falling over and seeing double very shakey also but giving it a seven because at least I can breathe now and this is the only medication that works for that my inhaler won't even help me any more.”

Mariayoani · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Am nursing to 7 months old baby. Had bad sore throat, congested nose. Took Mucinex DM only 4 doses & it worked well. No side effects on baby. I like it & recommend it. 1st dose made my eyes watery but then everything went okay.”

Asthma316 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Took mucinex md for the onset of cough. The musimex the first day I noticed an improvement but had slight troubled sleeping. The second day no improve the from the mucinex and zero sleep. In combination with my other asthma meds it made my heart race which made me have to take rescue inhaler. I recommend going to dr before taking this with asthma patients.”

L99 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “The expectorant “guaifenesin” is superb, and I usually take Mucinex for severe COPD issues on a regular basis. However, Mucinex-DM is not covered by my insurance, Mucinex is. With a severe cough, I was RX generic Robotussin DM. Worked very well. NOTE! I take several OTC meds regularly, and all but moisture eye drops (for me, and not RX covered) my Dr. writes a script for, and are MUCH less$$ then buying the same meds OTC. Insurance coverage including Medicaid (not sure about Medicare, check it out anyway) may save major$$ by getting a RX for OTC meds. Never hurts to ask for a RX, and it’s easier then asking your insurance company, which U can do, as long as U don’t die on hold...”

Anonymous July 10, 2009

“This medication is only slightly less effective than codeine or hydrocodone, in treating cough and has fewer side effects than both. The only negatives are the frequent required dosing and the unpleasant taste from these products.”

Jackie October 6, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “The directions say take 1 or 2 pills every 12 hours. I took 2 pills and landed in the ER. Very strong meds!”

Mae September 24, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “I had a very bad cough and stopped up nose etc. All good now”

Missglo · Taken for 10 years or more May 30, 2012

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Very good cough medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2015

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “this medicine definitely reduced congestion in my nose. I had not been able to breathe out of the right nostril for several days.”

Anonymous April 7, 2015

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Slight loosening of bowels”

Hellabor789 January 18, 2018

“I took 2 tablets. Definitely dried me out. I did not get 12 hours of rest as I was up chugging water all night and suffered a bloody nose to boot. Will never use this product again.”

Kita32 March 5, 2009

Duratuss DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “This medication has a lot of side effects and it is gross. It did not help with my symptoms at all partly because I could not get over the taste, and it produces really bad headaches.”

Learn more about Cough