User Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin to treat Cough

Also known as: Mucinex DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM, Tussin DM, Mucinex DM Maximum Strength, Siltussin DM, Mucus Relief DM, Mucinex Children's Cough, Zyncof, Chest Congestion Relief DM, Robafen DM, Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Coricidin HBP Chest Congestion & Cough, Cough Formula-DM, Guaifenesin DM, Diabetic Tuss DM, Creo-Terpin, Mucus Relief Cough, Altarussin DM, Pecgen DMX, Phlemex, Biocotron, G-Tron, Vicks DayQuil Cough & Congestion, Benylin Expectorant, Bidex-DMI, Vicks DayQuil Mucus Control DM, Humibid CS, GG-DM SR, Humigen DM, Guiat Clear DM, Guaiasorb Cough Medicine, Bidex-DM, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Chesty Cough, Scot-Tussin Senior, Mucinex Fast-Max DM Max, Duratuss DM, Guiatuss Clear, Allfen DM, PediaCare Cough & Congestion, Mucinex Children's FreeFrom Cough & Mucus, HT Tuss DM, Hydro-Tuss DM, Drituss DM, Guaifen DM, Broncotron, Rompe Pecho DM, Biospec DMX, Delsym Children’s Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Guai-Dex, Guaifenesin DM SR, Bidex-A, Robitussin Children' s Cough & Chest Congestion DM, Extuss LA, ExeFen-DM, Siltussin DM DAS Cough Formula, DuraDEX, Aquatab DM, DuraDEX Forte, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion Sugar-Free DM, Guaifen DM NR, Guiadrine DX, Balminil DM + Expectorant Sugar Free, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough & Chest Congestion, G Bid DM, Atuss-12 DX, G-Zyncof, Guaibid DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM Maximum Strength, Safetussin DM, Cofex-DM, Congesta DM, Mucosa DM Alka-Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cough & Mucus DM Tusnel Diabetic Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Maximum Strength Duratuss DM 12 Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief DM Brontuss Tussi-Organidin-DM Guaifenex DM Coricidin HBP Multi-Symptom Cold (Day) Triaminic Cough & Congestion Dex-Tuss DM Fenesin DM IR Tussin DM Max Gani-Tuss-DM NR Guiadrine DM Fenex-DM Diabetic Tussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM Fenesin DM Humibid DM Pediatric Ambi 1000/55 Giltuss Honey Cough & Chest Congestion Giltuss HBP Cough & Chest Congestion Guiatussin-DM Giltuss Diabetic Cough & Cold Giltuss Children's Honey Cough & Chest Congestion Guiatuss DM Double-Tussin DM Giltuss Children's Cough & Chest Congestion Amibid DM Duraganidin Genatuss DM Glycotuss-DM Vicks Pediatric Formula 44e Cough & Chest Congestion Relief Guiacough DM Anti-Tuss DM Aquabid DM GG/DM …show all brand names

Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 21 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 43% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 33% reported a negative experience.

Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin rating summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 336 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin

susie · May 1, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Took Mucinex at 5 in the afternoon. Around 8 took my night meds, Next morning stumbling around, Body felt like it was flooded with heat-chest and arm pains. Had myself checked out and was ok. Pulled up website to get complete list of medicines not to take it with and found my answer there. If you have access to the internet I would put the OTC medicine in and get a complete list of what not to take it with.”

129393939399393 · November 5, 2014

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Medicine works very well for the specified 12 hours but wow it is very strong. I weigh 105 pounds and taking an entire pill will have me falling over and seeing double very shakey also but giving it a seven because at least I can breathe now and this is the only medication that works for that my inhaler won't even help me any more.”

Mariayoani · Taken for less than 1 month · December 9, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Am nursing to 7 months old baby. Had bad sore throat, congested nose. Took Mucinex DM only 4 doses & it worked well. No side effects on baby. I like it & recommend it. 1st dose made my eyes watery but then everything went okay.”

65 year old.... · December 8, 2021

Mucinex DM Maximum Strength (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Great product..... worked well in attacking COVID 19 symptoms. Helped reduce coughing and fever!!! Buy the Generic 1200mg for a much lower price!! It works very well!! Take two every 12 hours for best results!!”

Asthma316 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 21, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Took mucinex md for the onset of cough. The musimex the first day I noticed an improvement but had slight troubled sleeping. The second day no improve the from the mucinex and zero sleep. In combination with my other asthma meds it made my heart race which made me have to take rescue inhaler. I recommend going to dr before taking this with asthma patients.”

L99 · Taken for less than 1 month · January 29, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “The expectorant “guaifenesin” is superb, and I usually take Mucinex for severe COPD issues on a regular basis. However, Mucinex-DM is not covered by my insurance, Mucinex is. With a severe cough, I was RX generic Robotussin DM. Worked very well. NOTE! I take several OTC meds regularly, and all but moisture eye drops (for me, and not RX covered) my Dr. writes a script for, and are MUCH less$$ then buying the same meds OTC. Insurance coverage including Medicaid (not sure about Medicare, check it out anyway) may save major$$ by getting a RX for OTC meds. Never hurts to ask for a RX, and it’s easier then asking your insurance company, which U can do, as long as U don’t die on hold...”

Bad reaction · Taken for less than 1 month · January 27, 2022

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “(51F) I took two pills of MucinexDM for Covid symptoms, and it didn’t touch my cough or congestion. But, my eyes swelled shut and started leaking copious amounts of green goo, and my pulse was over 100 even at rest. Not a good first experience!”

curt · October 12, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “I had flu symptoms after a flu shot. They came on immediately but the pharmacist at Walgreens said that the connection was impossible and recommended Mucinex. It does absolutely nothing to relieve the cough, runny nose or anything. She said that the Nyquil I intended to buy wouldn't work. No more Walgeens or Mucinex for me.”

Ms Jae · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2022

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Had chest congestion, stuffy nose and sore throat the instructions recommended 1 or 2 tablets it worked very well. However I'm spitting aqua blue/green saliva??? can't find any reference in my research indicating this being one of the side effects ...”

Anonymous · July 10, 2009

“This medication is only slightly less effective than codeine or hydrocodone, in treating cough and has fewer side effects than both. The only negatives are the frequent required dosing and the unpleasant taste from these products.”

dbeffa7 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 14, 2022

Mucinex DM Maximum Strength (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “I purchased a bottle of Mucinex DM. Took one cap as directed every 4 hours. After the third dose the headaches got very bad. My heart rate was very elevated. I could not eat as I would throw up anything I ate.”

druguser12 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 29, 2021

Safetussin DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Safetussin is a pretty safe drug. I have been suffering from a nagging cough associated with sinusitis, and it has been able to manage it. This drug is especially useful for people that respond badly to delsym due to the fact that it has 1/6 the level of cough suppressant (dxm). Overall, great choice for people who don't want to take delsym.”

Jackie · October 6, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “The directions say take 1 or 2 pills every 12 hours. I took 2 pills and landed in the ER. Very strong meds!”

Cece · October 20, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “All this pill does for me is make me really lightheaded and Numb all day. I’m never taking Mucinex Dm ever again.”

Mae · September 24, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “I had a very bad cough and stopped up nose etc. All good now”

Missglo · Taken for 10 years or more · May 30, 2012

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Very good cough medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · February 28, 2015

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “this medicine definitely reduced congestion in my nose. I had not been able to breathe out of the right nostril for several days.”

Anonymous · April 7, 2015

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Slight loosening of bowels”

Cyndgirl · Taken for less than 1 month · December 25, 2021

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Muncinex DX did not work for my son and I. Instead of controlling our cough, we coughed for hours. It did not loosen our mucus as stated on the box. I would not recommend this product.”

Hellabor789 · January 18, 2018

“I took 2 tablets. Definitely dried me out. I did not get 12 hours of rest as I was up chugging water all night and suffered a bloody nose to boot. Will never use this product again.”

Kita32 · March 5, 2009

Duratuss DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “This medication has a lot of side effects and it is gross. It did not help with my symptoms at all partly because I could not get over the taste, and it produces really bad headaches.”

Mara · Taken for 10 years or more · November 10, 2020

“I have taken dextromethorphan/guaifenesin for over 10 years. I have no side effects that I am aware of. My doctor knows I take. It helps my congestion and cough.”