Does Tasigna (nilotinib) cause hair loss?
Yes, Tasigna can cause hair loss as a side effect.
In Tasigna clinical trials 11% to 13% of patients developed alopecia (hair loss).
Tasigna is a cancer medicine that is used to treat Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML).
|Medication||Hair Loss Rate|
|Bosulif (bosutinib)||Not listed|
|Gleevec (imatinib mesylate)||1% - 10%|
|Sprycel (dasatinib)||1% - 10%|
|Tasigna (nilotinib)||11% - 13%|
If you are concerned about hair loss and you are taking Tasigna you should speak to your healthcare provider.
- Gleevec Professional Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/gleevec.html
- Tasigna Professional Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/tasigna.html
- Bosulif Professional Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/bosulif.html
- Sprycel Professional Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/sprycel.html
Related medical questions
- Gleevec vs Sprycel vs Tasigna - how do they compare?
- What happens if you take Tasigna with food?
- Is Tasigna a form of chemotherapy?