How long does it take for Eysuvis to work?
Eysuvis (0.25% loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension) should start working soon after the treatment is initiated. It is intended to work more quickly than long-term treatment options for dry eye, such as cyclosporine eye drops (Restasis, Cequa).
According to data from clinical trials, a reduction of symptoms among participants was considered significant after 4 days of using Eysuvis and improved over time. However, the time it takes for Eysuvis to work can vary among different people. Dry eye symptoms should progressively improve with each day of treatment, with the most significant improvements felt at the end of the 15-day treatment. Inflammation and other signs of dry eye should also steadily improve throughout treatment.
Eysuvis is a short-term corticosteroid eye drop that may be used for up to 2 weeks for the treatment of dry eye disease.
Tell your health care provider if you notice any unusual problems or side effects while using Eysuvis.
- Eysuvis. Efficacy. Available at: https://www.eysuvis.com/efficacy/. [Accessed March 2, 2022].
- Gupta PK, Venkateswaran N. The role of KPI-121 0.25% in the treatment of dry eye disease: penetrating the mucus barrier to treat periodic flares. Ther Adv Ophthalmol. 2021;13:25158414211012797. Published 2021 May 5. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F25158414211012797.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Safety and Efficacy of KPI-121 Compared to Placebo in Subjects With Dry Eye Disease (STRIDE 2). Last updated: January 5, 2021. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT02819284?view=results. [Accessed March 2, 2022].
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). EYSUVIS (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension) 0.25%, for topical ophthalmic use. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/210933s000lbl.pdf. [Accessed March 2, 2022].
- U.S. National Library of Medicine MedlinePlus. Loteprednol Ophthalmic. Last updated: December 15, 2020. Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a619025.html. [Accessed March 2, 2022].
- Eysuvis Information for Consumers
- Eysuvis prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Eysuvis (detailed)
Related support groups
- Eysuvis (1 questions, 3 members)