How much does Ingrezza cost?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm. Last updated on Sep 14, 2020.
Ingrezza (valbenazine) costs approximately $6,252 for thirty 40mg capsules and $7,038 for thirty 80mg capsules. This works out to be around $208 for each 40mg capsule and around $234 for every 80mg capsule. This cost depends on the pharmacy you visit and based on using the Drugs.com discount card. This price is for cash paying customers and is not valid with insurance plans.
This works out to an annual cost of $74,000 to $85,000 per year, but most people do not pay this amount.
People with commercial insurance may qualify for a $0 copay for each Ingrezza prescription through the INBRACE Support Program which also provides product support and assistance for patients and caregivers. For more information, call 84-INGREZZA (844-647-3992) 8am to 8pm EST, Monday through Friday.
If you have Medicare your copay costs may range from $56 to over $7000 per prescription. Approximately 36% of Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage plans cover Ingrezza.
If you have Medicaid most states require that you (or your physician) get prior authorization before filling your prescription for Ingrezza. Without prior approval, Medicaid may not cover this drug. In addition, Ingrezza is usually only approvable for Medicaid members aged 18 years of age or older with a diagnosis of moderate to severe TD caused by the use of a dopamine receptor blocking agent (eg, antipsychotics, metoclopramide) when other treatments, such as clonazepam, amantadine, tetrabenazine, or deutetrabenazine have been ineffective or not tolerated and the medication is prescribed by or in consultation with a specialist, such as a neurologist or a psychiatrist. The cost varies by state.
Ingrezza is also available as a one-month free trial for new patients, through the Ingrezza Start program. For more information, call 84-INGREZZA (844-647-3992) 8am to 8pm EST, Monday through Friday.
- Medicaid List of Covered Drugs (Formulary) 2019 Health Partners https://www.healthpartners.com/ucm/groups/public/@hp/@public/documents/documents/cntrb_039148.pdf
- Ingrezza (valbenzine) capsules Ingrezza.com https://www.ingrezza.com/support-resources
- Ingrezza (valbenazine) 04/2020 Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/ingrezza.html
Related Medical Questions
- What condition is Ingrezza used to treat?
- How long does it take for Ingrezza to work?
- How effective is Ingrezza?
- Why should you not discontinue amantadine?
- What symptoms does amantadine treat?
- What is Gocovri (amantadine) and how does it work?
- How long does it take for Austedo to work?
- What condition is Austedo used to treat?
- Ingrezza Information for Consumers
- Ingrezza Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ingrezza (detailed)