How do you use Bevespi Aerosphere?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 11, 2019.
To use Bevespi Aerosphere:
- Prime the inhaler before the FIRST use by releasing 4 puffs into the air (do not inhale them).
- Remove the cap from the mouthpiece.
- Shake the inhaler well before each use.
- Breathe out as fully as you comfortably can through your mouth.
- Close your lips around the mouthpiece and tilt your head back keeping your tongue below the mouthpiece.
- While breathing in deeply and slowly, press down on the center of the canister until the canister stops moving and the dose is released.
- After the dose, remove the mouthpiece from your mouth and hold your breath as long as you comfortably can, up to 10 seconds, then breath out gently.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 for the second dose of Bevespi Aerosphere.
After cleaning and if you do not use your Bevespi Aerosphere for more than 7 days, reprime your Bevespi Aerosphere by releasing 2 puffs into the air (do not inhale them).
Bevespi Aerosphere comes with a dose counter located on the top of the canister that tells you how many puffs of medicine you have left. Follow the instructions enclosed with your inhaler, and if you have questions, ask your pharmacist or doctor.
Bevespi Aerosphere (generic name: formoterol fumarate and glycopyrrolate) is a long-acting, fixed dose beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) and anticholinergic combination approved for the long-term treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Bevespi Aerosphere is normally given as 2 inhalations twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, via a pressurized metered dose inhaler.
If your doctor's instruction for dosing is different, follow those instructions.
Related Medical Questions
- Can Bevespi be used with a spacer?
- What type of inhaler is Bevespi Aerosphere?
- How many puffs are in Bevespi Aerosphere?
- How fast does Bevespi work?
- Can vitamin C prevent or treat COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- What is the difference between emphysema and COPD?
- What are some alternatives for Trelegy Ellipta?
- Bevespi Aerosphere Information for Consumers
- Bevespi Aerosphere Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Bevespi Aerosphere (detailed)