How do you inject Aimovig?
Where do I inject Aimovig?
Aimovig is injected under your skin (subcutaneously) one time each month and is available in two different types of devices: a single-dose prefilled autoinjector or a single-dose prefilled syringe.
Aimovig (erenumab-aooe) is a long-acting migraine prevention medication for adults.
If your health care provider prescribes the 70 mg Aimovig dose, you use one injection. If your health care provider prescribes the 140 mg dose, you take two separate injections one after another, using a different prefilled autoinjector or prefilled syringe for each injection.
Before you inject, always check the labels to make sure you have the correct medicine and dose of Aimovig. The Aimovig devices contain dry natural rubber (a derivative of latex) and may cause allergic reactions if you have a latex allergy.
- Clean your injection site with an alcohol wipe. Let your skin dry.
- Administer Aimovig in the stomach area (except for a 2 inch area right around your navel), thigh, or upper arm subcutaneously (under the skin). If you use the upper arm area, someone else should give you the injection.
- Do not inject into areas where the skin is tender, bruised, red, or hard.
- If you want to use the same body site for the two separate injections, make sure the second injection is not at the same spot you used for the first injection.
Aimovig should be stored in the refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) in the original carton to protect it from light; do not freeze or shake the medicine. Leave the autoinjector at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before injecting. After you remove Aimovig from the refrigerator, it can be stored at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) for up to 7 days. Throw away Aimovig that has been left at room temperature for more than 7 days.
If you forget to take your dose or cannot take it at the regular time, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. After that, you can continue to take Aimovig one time each month from the date of your last dose.
Before using Aimovig, see the detailed Instructions for Use for complete information and diagrams on how to inject and use Aimovig
Aimovig Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/aimovig.html
Related medical questions
- Does Qulipta cause hair loss?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of migraines?
- Ajovy vs Aimovig: What's the difference between them?
- Why does Aimovig cause constipation?
- How long does Aimovig last in your system?
- What is the mechanism of action of Aimovig?
- Can you drink alcohol with Aimovig?
- Can Aimovig cause hair loss (alopecia)?
- How do you use the Aimovig autoinjector?
- Which medication should I use for migraine headaches?
- Emgality vs Aimovig - how do they compare?