Is there a generic for Brilinta?
Medically reviewed by Melisa Puckey, BPharm. Last updated on Feb 24, 2021.
Is generic ticagrelor available?
Generic ticagrelor 90mg from the manufacturer Hisun Pharm Hangzhou has been approved by the FDA on January 23, 2019 but is not available in pharmacies yet.
SigmaPharm Labs LLC had their generic ticagrelor 90mg approved by the FDA on April 7 2020, but this is also not currently available in pharmacies.
For more information on generic medicine availability click here: Generic Drugs - Availability and Patent Status
- Generic Brilinta Availability: accessed 25 February 2021: https://www.drugs.com/availability/generic-brilinta.html
- Orange Book: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations: Accessed 25 February 2021: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/ob/search_product.cfm
Related Medical Questions
- What foods should I eat or avoid when taking Brilinta?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Brilinta?
- How long does it take for Brilinta to work?
- How long do I have to take Brilinta after a stent or heart attack?
- Brilinta vs Plavix: what's the difference?
- What pain medication can I take with Brilinta?
- Is Brilinta a blood thinner or antiplatelet?
- Is ticagrelor better than clopidogrel?
- How long should Brilinta be held/stopped before surgery?
- Is ticagrelor a prodrug?
- What is Brilinta (ticagrelor) used for?