Which is more effective, Beano or Gas-X for gas from ulcerative colitis?
I have much flatulence from ulcerative colitis.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 15, 2019.
Try them both as there is is no simple solution to gas. What works for one person may not work for another. Beano is used to treat gas bloating and tummy discomfort, whereas Gas-X is used to relieve pressure, bloating, and gas in the digestive tract.
Beano and Gas-X are used to treat the same sort of symptoms but work in slightly different ways.
Beano contains a natural digestive enzyme called alpha-d-galactosidase which helps to make food easier to digest.
Gas-X contains simethicone which is an anti-foaming agent that disperses bubbles of trapped air.
Try eating small regular meals and be careful not to gulp down air as you chew, Avoid foods that make you gassy like baked beans, cabbage and pulses.
For more information see: https://www.drugs.com/health-guide/gas-flatulence.html
Related Medical Questions
- Is Entyvio an immunosuppressant or a biologic?
- How much does Entyvio cost per month?
- Does Xeljanz cause weight gain?
- How long does it take Entyvio to start working?
- What is Xeljanz used for and is it a biologic?
- Why is my poop green? What does this mean?
- Can I take antibiotics while on Entyvio?