Which is more effective, Beano or Gas-X for gas from ulcerative colitis?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2023.
I have much flatulence from ulcerative colitis.
Try them both as there is is no simple solution to gas. What works for one person may not work for another. Beano is used to treat gas bloating and tummy discomfort, whereas Gas-X is used to relieve pressure, bloating, and gas in the digestive tract.
Beano and Gas-X are used to treat the same sort of symptoms but work in slightly different ways.
Beano contains a natural digestive enzyme called alpha-d-galactosidase which helps to make food easier to digest.
Gas-X contains simethicone which is an anti-foaming agent that disperses bubbles of trapped air.
Try eating small regular meals and be careful not to gulp down air as you chew, Avoid foods that make you gassy like baked beans, cabbage and pulses.
For more information see: https://www.drugs.com/health-guide/gas-flatulence.html
Related medical questions
- What should you keep in your medicine cabinet for kids?
- Fleet Enema - What is the difference between constipation and fecal impaction?
- If I am Lactose Intolerant or Lactose Allergic, are there Medications I should Avoid?
- What can I eat or drink with ulcerative colitis?
- Which is worse: Ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease?
- What is the life expectancy of someone with ulcerative colitis?
- How long do ulcerative colitis flare-ups last?
- How often should I have a colonoscopy with ulcerative colitis?
- How effective are biologics for ulcerative colitis?
- What are the main causes of ulcerative colitis?
- What is Diprospan used for?
Related support groups
- Gas-X (15 questions, 19 members)
- Beano (1 questions, 8 members)
- Gas (90 questions, 198 members)
- Ulcerative Colitis (54 questions, 183 members)
- Colitis (19 questions, 102 members)