What drugs are contained in Segluromet?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 26, 2020.
Segluromet contains ertugliflozin and metformin hydrochloride.
Ertugliflozin, an oral sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, works by helping the kidneys to get rid of glucose from your bloodstream. Metformin helps the liver release lower amounts of sugar into your blood.
The Segluromet combination is used as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic (blood sugar) control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the safest diabetes medication?
- What foods should I eat or avoid for hypoglycemia?
- What is the connection between the endocrine system and osteoporosis?
- Which type of insulin has the longest duration of action?
- Segluromet Information for Consumers
- Segluromet Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Segluromet (detailed)