What drugs are contained in Segluromet?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 26, 2020.
Segluromet contains ertugliflozin and metformin hydrochloride.
Ertugliflozin, an oral sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, works by helping the kidneys to get rid of glucose from your bloodstream. Metformin helps the liver release lower amounts of sugar into your blood.
The Segluromet combination is used as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic (blood sugar) control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you take Ibuprofen if you have COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Can vitamin C prevent or treat COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Basaglar and Lantus - What is the difference between them?
- How to avoid yeast infections on Jardiance?
- How many doses are in an Ozempic pen?
- How long does it take for Ozempic to work?
- Does Jardiance cause weight loss?
- Segluromet Information for Consumers
- Segluromet Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Segluromet (detailed)