A 511 (Divalproex sodium extended-release 500 mg)
Pill imprint A 511 has been identified as Divalproex sodium extended-release 500 mg.
Divalproex sodium is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder; mania; migraine prevention; epilepsy; borderline personality disorder (and more), and belongs to the drug class fatty acid derivative anticonvulsants. When treating epilepsy and manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder: There is positive evidence of human fetal risk during pregnancy. When treating migraine: Not for use in pregnancy. Divalproex sodium 500 mg is not a controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
- A 511
- 500 mg
- 19.00 mm
- Elliptical / Oval
- Prescription only
- Drug Class:
- Fatty acid derivative anticonvulsants
- Pregnancy Category:
- D - Positive evidence of risk - When treating epilepsy and manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder
X - Not for use in pregnancy - When treating migraine
- CSA Schedule:
- Not a controlled drug
- Anchen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- National Drug Code (NDC):
- Inactive Ingredients:
Note: Inactive ingredients may vary.
|NDC Code||Manufacturer / Repackager|
|54868-6088||Physicians Total Care Inc (repackager)|
More about divalproex sodium
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 301 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: fatty acid derivative anticonvulsants
- Divalproex delayed-release tablets
- Divalproex extended-release tablets
- Divalproex sprinkle capsules
- Divalproex sodium
- Divalproex sodium (Advanced Reading)
Related treatment guides
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 2017 Drugs.com, National Library of Medicine, Truven Health Analytics and Cerner Multum, Inc. All Rights Reserved.