HyoMax (hyoscyamine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with HyoMax (hyoscyamine) which include:
hyoscyamine ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using hyoscyamine together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking hyoscyamine. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
HyoMax (hyoscyamine) drug Interactions
There are 610 drug interactions with HyoMax (hyoscyamine)
HyoMax (hyoscyamine) disease Interactions
There are 19 disease interactions with HyoMax (hyoscyamine) which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Reactive Airway Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Cardiac Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Disease
- Renal Failure
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.