Ceftazidime and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with ceftazidime:
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
ceftazidime - sodium
Fortaz, Tazicef, and Tazidime (brands of parenteral ceftazidime pentahydrate) are formulated with sodium carbonate and contain approximately 53 mg (2.3 mEq) of sodium per each gram of ceftazidime activity. The sodium content should be considered in patients with conditions that may require sodium restriction, such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, and fluid retention. Ceptaz, another brand of ceftazidime, is formulated with l-arginine and contains no sodium.
- "Product Information. Fortaz (ceftazidime)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Tazidime (ceftazidime)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Ceptaz (ceftazidime)" Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Pk, NC.
- "Product Information. Tazicef (ceftazidime)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
ceftazidime drug Interactions
There are 39 drug interactions with ceftazidime
ceftazidime disease Interactions
There are 6 disease interactions with ceftazidime which include:
More about ceftazidime
- Ceftazidime Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: third generation cephalosporins
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.