Atropine ophthalmic and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with atropine ophthalmic.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis (2002):
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division (2001):
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome (2001):
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics (2022):
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories (2001):
- "Product Information. Atropisol (atropine ophthalmic)." Ciba Vision Ophthalmics (2002):
Atropine ophthalmic drug interactions
There are 16 drug interactions with atropine ophthalmic.
Atropine ophthalmic disease interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with atropine ophthalmic which include:
More about atropine ophthalmic
- atropine ophthalmic consumer information
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: mydriatics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.