Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2021.
Generic name: ERTUGLIFLOZIN PIDOLATE 5mg, SITAGLIPTIN PHOSPHATE 100mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
- The recommended starting dose of STEGLUJAN is 5 mg ertugliflozin/100 mg sitagliptin once daily, taken in the morning, with or without food. In patients tolerating STEGLUJAN, the dose may be increased to a maximum recommended dose of 15 mg ertugliflozin/100 mg sitagliptin, once daily, if additional glycemic control is needed.
- For patients treated with ertugliflozin who are being switched to STEGLUJAN, the dose of ertugliflozin can be maintained.
- In patients with volume depletion, correct this condition prior to initiation of STEGLUJAN [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
Patients with Renal Impairment
- Assess renal function prior to initiation of STEGLUJAN and periodically thereafter [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4)].
- Use of STEGLUJAN is contraindicated in patients with an eGFR less than 30 mL/min/1.73 m2 [see Contraindications (4)].
- Initiation of STEGLUJAN is not recommended in patients with an eGFR of 30 mL/min/1.73 m2 to less than 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4) and Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- Continued use of STEGLUJAN is not recommended when eGFR is persistently between 30 and less than 60 mL/min/1.73 m2.
- No dose adjustment is needed in patients with mild renal impairment.
Frequently asked questions
More about Steglujan (ertugliflozin / sitagliptin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: antidiabetic combinations
- FDA Alerts (4)
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.