Somatuline Depot Dosage
Generic name: lanreotide acetate 60mg in 0.2mL
Dosage form: injection
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Important Administration Instructions
- For deep subcutaneous injection only.
- SOMATULINE DEPOT is intended for administration by a healthcare provider.
- Remove SOMATULINE DEPOT from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to administration and allow to come to room temperature.
- Keep pouch sealed until just prior to injection.
- Prior to administration, inspect the SOMATULINE DEPOT syringe visually for particulate matter and discoloration. Do not administer if particulate matter or discoloration is observed. The content of the prefilled syringe is a semi-solid phase having a gel-like appearance, with viscous characteristics and a color varying from white to pale yellow. The supersaturated solution can also contain micro bubbles that can clear up during injection. These differences are normal and do not interfere with the quality of the product.
The recommended starting dosage of SOMATULINE DEPOT is 90 mg given via the deep subcutaneous route, at 4-week intervals for 3 months.
After 3 months, the dosage may be adjusted as follows:
- GH greater than 1 ng/mL to less than or equal to 2.5 ng/mL, IGF-1 normal, and clinical symptoms controlled: maintain SOMATULINE DEPOT dosage at 90 mg every 4 weeks.
- GH greater than 2.5 ng/mL, IGF-1 elevated, and/or clinical symptoms uncontrolled: increase SOMATULINE DEPOT dosage to 120 mg every 4 weeks.
- GH less than or equal to 1 ng/mL, IGF-1 normal, and clinical symptoms controlled: reduce SOMATULINE DEPOT dosage to 60 mg every 4 weeks.
Thereafter, the dosage should be adjusted according to the response of the patient as judged by a reduction in serum GH and/or IGF-1 levels; and/or changes in symptoms of acromegaly.
Patients who are controlled on SOMATULINE DEPOT 60 or 90 mg may be considered for an extended dosing interval of SOMATULINE DEPOT 120 mg every 6 or 8 weeks. GH and IGF-1 levels should be obtained 6 weeks after this change in dosing regimen to evaluate persistence of patient response.
Continued monitoring of patient response with dosage adjustments for biochemical and clinical symptom control, as necessary, is recommended.
Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (GEP-NETs)
The recommended dosage of SOMATULINE DEPOT is 120 mg administered every 4 weeks by deep subcutaneous injection.
Dosage Adjustment in Renal Impairment
The recommended starting dosage of SOMATULINE DEPOT in acromegalic patients with moderate or severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance less than 60 mL/min) is 60 mg via the deep subcutaneous route at 4-week intervals for 3 months followed by dosage adjustment [see Dosage and Administration (2.2), Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
Dosage Adjustment in Hepatic Impairment
The recommended starting dosage of SOMAUTLINE DEPOT in acromegalic patients with moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C) is 60 mg via the deep subcutaneous route at 4-week intervals for 3 months followed by dosage adjustment [see Dosage and Administration (2.2), Use in Specific Populations (8.7)].
More about Somatuline Depot (lanreotide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: somatostatin and somatostatin analogs