Somatuline Depot Approval History
- FDA approved: Yes (First approved August 30th, 2007)
- Brand name: Somatuline Depot
- Generic name: lanreotide acetate
- Dosage form: Injection
- Company: Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Treatment for: Acromegaly; Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors; Carcinoid Syndrome
Somatuline Depot (lanreotide) is a long acting somatostatin analogue indicated for the treatment of acromegaly, gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, and carcinoid syndrome.
Development History and FDA Approval Process for Somatuline Depot
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.