Microgestin 24 Fe Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 12, 2020.
Generic name: NORETHINDRONE ACETATE 1mg, ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 0.02mg;
Dosage form: tablets
How to Start Microgestin 24 Fe
Microgestin 24 Fe is dispensed in 28-tablet blister card [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16)]. Microgestin 24 Fe may be started using either a Day 1 start or a Sunday start (see Table 1). The plastic compact is pre-set for a Sunday start. Day 1 Start day-label stickers are available. For the first cycle of a Sunday Start regimen, an additional method of contraception must be used until after the first 7 consecutive days of administration.
How to Take Microgestin 24 Fe
- After a first-trimester abortion or miscarriage, Microgestin 24 Fe may be started immediately. An additional method of contraception is not needed if Microgestin 24 Fe is started immediately.
- If Microgestin 24 Fe is not started within 5 days after termination of the pregnancy, the patient must use additional non-hormonal contraception (such as condoms and spermicide) for the first 7 days of her first 28-day course of Microgestin 24 Fe.
- Do not start until 4 weeks after a second-trimester abortion or miscarriage, due to the increased risk of thromboembolic disease. Start Microgestin 24 Fe following the instructions in Table 1 for Sunday start. Use additional non-hormonal contraception (such as condoms and spermicide) for the first 7 days of the patient's first 28-day course of Microgestin 24 Fe[see Contraindications (4), Warnings and Precautions (5.1), and FDA-approved Patient Labeling].
- Do not start until 4 weeks after delivery, due to the increased risk of thromboembolic disease. Start contraceptive therapy with Microgestin 24 Fe following the instructions in Table 1 for women not currently using hormonal contraception.
- If the woman has not yet had a period postpartum, consider the possibility of ovulation and conception occurring prior to use of Microgestin 24 Fe[see Contraindications (4), Warnings and Precautions (5.1), Use in Specific Populations (8.1 and 8.3)].
Advice in Case of Gastrointestinal Disturbances
In case of severe vomiting or diarrhea, absorption may not be complete and additional contraceptive measures must be taken. If vomiting or diarrhea occurs within 3-4 hours after taking a pale yellow tablet, handle this as a missed tablet [see FDA-Approved Patient Labeling].
More about Microgestin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: contraceptives
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.