Generic name: ATOVAQUONE 750mg in 5mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 18, 2019.
Dosage for the Prevention of P. jirovecii Pneumonia
The recommended oral dosage is 1,500 mg (10 mL) once daily administered with food.
Dosage for the Treatment of Mild-to-Moderate P. jirovecii Pneumonia
The recommended oral dosage is 750 mg (5 mL) twice daily (total daily dose = 1,500 mg) administered with food for 21 days.
Important Administration Instructions
MEPRON Foil Pouch
- Open each 5-mL pouch by folding along the dotted line and tearing open at horizontal slit as directed by arrow on pouch.
- For a 5-mL dose, take entire contents either by placing directly into the mouth or by dispensing into a dosing spoon (5 mL) or cup prior to administration by mouth.
- For a 10-mL dose, take the entire contents of 2 pouches.
Shake bottle gently before administering the recommended dosage.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Mepron (atovaquone)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: miscellaneous antibiotics