Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 12, 2020.
Generic name: ATOVAQUONE 750mg in 5mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
Dosage for the Prevention of P. jirovecii Pneumonia
The recommended oral dosage is 1,500 mg (10 mL) once daily administered with food.
Dosage for the Treatment of Mild-to-Moderate P. jirovecii Pneumonia
The recommended oral dosage is 750 mg (5 mL) twice daily (total daily dose = 1,500 mg) administered with food for 21 days.
Important Administration Instructions
MEPRON Foil Pouch
- Open each 5-mL pouch by folding along the dotted line and tearing open at horizontal slit as directed by arrow on pouch.
- For a 5-mL dose, take entire contents either by placing directly into the mouth or by dispensing into a dosing spoon (5 mL) or cup prior to administration by mouth.
- For a 10-mL dose, take the entire contents of 2 pouches.
Shake bottle gently before administering the recommended dosage.
More about Mepron (atovaquone)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: miscellaneous antibiotics
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.