Generic name: ATOVAQUONE 750mg in 5mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Dosage for the Prevention of P. jiroveci Pneumonia
The recommended oral dosage is 1,500 mg (10 mL) once daily administered with food.
Dosage for the Treatment of Mild-to-Moderate P. jiroveci Pneumonia
The recommended oral dosage is 750 mg (5 mL) twice daily (total daily dose = 1,500 mg) administered with food for 21 days.
Important Administration Instructions
Administer MEPRON oral suspension with food to avoid lower plasma atovaquone concentrations that may limit response to therapy [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1), Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
MEPRON Foil Pouch
- Open each 5-mL pouch by folding along the dotted line and tearing open at notch as directed by arrow on pouch.
- For a 5-mL dose, take entire contents either by placing directly into the mouth or by dispensing into a dosing spoon (5 mL) or cup prior to administration by mouth.
- For a 10-mL dose, take the entire contents of 2 pouches.
Shake bottle gently before administering the recommended dosage.
More about Mepron (atovaquone)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: miscellaneous antibiotics