Generic name: olaratumab 10mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 25, 2019.
The recommended dose of LARTRUVO is 15 mg/kg administered as an intravenous infusion over 60 minutes on Days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. For the first 8 cycles, LARTRUVO is administered with doxorubicin, [see Clinical Studies (14)].
Refer to doxorubicin prescribing information for dosing, and dose modifications.
- Premedicate with diphenhydramine (25 to 50 mg intravenously) and dexamethasone (10 to 20 mg intravenously) prior to LARTRUVO on Day 1 of cycle 1.
- Permanently discontinue LARTRUVO for Grade 3 or 4 infusion-related reactions [see Dosage and Administration (2.2) and Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- Interrupt infusion of LARTRUVO for Grade 1 or 2 infusion-related reactions (IRR). After resolution, resume LARTRUVO infusion at 50% of the initial infusion rate. [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)]
- For neutropenic fever/infection or Grade 4 neutropenia lasting longer than 1 week, discontinue administration of LARTRUVO until the absolute neutrophil count is 1,000 /microliter or greater and then permanently reduce the dose to 12 mg/kg.
Preparation and Administration
- Inspect vial contents for particulate matter and discoloration prior to dilution [see Description (11)]. Discard the vial if particulate matter or discolorations are identified.
- Withdraw calculated dose and further dilute with 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP to a final volume of 250 mL for intravenous infusion. Do not use dextrose-containing or other solutions.
- Gently invert but do not shake.
- DO NOT FREEZE the diluted solution.
- Store the diluted solution for up to 24 hours under refrigeration at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) and for up to an additional 8 hours at room temperature (below 25°C [77°F]). Storage times include the duration of infusion. If refrigerated, allow the diluted solution to come to room temperature prior to administration.
- Discard vial with any unused portion of LARTRUVO.
- Do not administer LARTRUVO as an intravenous push or bolus. Do not co-infuse with electrolytes or other medications through the same intravenous line.
- Visually inspect the diluted solution for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. If particulate matter or discolorations are identified, discard the solution.
- Administer diluted solution as an intravenous infusion over 60 minutes. Flush the line with 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP at end of infusion.
Frequently asked questions
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Lartruvo (olaratumab)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antineoplastics
- FDA Approval History