Jentadueto XR Dosage
Generic name: linagliptin 2.5mg, metformin hydrochloride 1000mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dosage of JENTADUETO XR should be individualized on the basis of both effectiveness and tolerability, while not exceeding the maximum recommended total daily dose of linagliptin 5 mg and metformin hydrochloride 2000 mg. JENTADUETO XR should be given once daily with a meal. For available dosage forms and strengths [see Dosage Forms and Strengths (3)].
- In patients currently not treated with metformin, initiate JENTADUETO XR treatment with 5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin hydrochloride extended-release once daily with a meal.
- In patients already treated with metformin, start JENTADUETO XR with 5 mg of linagliptin total daily dose and a similar total daily dose of metformin once daily with a meal.
- In patients already treated with linagliptin and metformin or JENTADUETO, switch to JENTADUETO XR containing 5 mg of linagliptin total daily dose and a similar total daily dose of metformin once daily with a meal.
JENTADUETO XR should be swallowed whole. The tablets must not be split, crushed, dissolved, or chewed before swallowing. There have been reports of incompletely dissolved tablets being eliminated in the feces for other tablets containing metformin extended-release. If a patient reports seeing tablets in feces, the healthcare provider should assess adequacy of glycemic control.
JENTADUETO XR 5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin hydrochloride extended-release tablet should be taken as a single tablet once daily. Patients using 2.5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin extended-release tablets should take two tablets together once daily.
No studies have been performed specifically examining the safety and efficacy of JENTADUETO XR in patients previously treated with other oral antihyperglycemic agents and switched to JENTADUETO XR. Any change in therapy of type 2 diabetes mellitus should be undertaken with care and appropriate monitoring as changes in glycemic control can occur.
Recommended Dosing in Renal Impairment
Discontinuation for Iodinated Contrast Imaging Procedures
Discontinue JENTADUETO XR at the time of, or prior to, an iodinated contrast imaging procedure in patients with an eGFR between 30 and 60 mL/min/1.73 m2; in patients with a history of liver disease, alcoholism or heart failure; or in patients who will be administered intra-arterial iodinated contrast. Re-evaluate eGFR 48 hours after the imaging procedure; restart JENTADUETO XR if renal function is stable [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
More about Jentadueto XR (linagliptin / metformin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidiabetic combinations
Other brands: Jentadueto