Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 14, 2022.
Generic name: LEVODOPA 42mg
Dosage form: respiratory (inhalation) capsule
INBRIJA capsules are for oral inhalation only and should be used only with the INBRIJA inhaler.
Important Administration Instructions
INBRIJA capsules are for oral inhalation only and should be used only with the INBRIJA inhaler. INBRIJA capsules must not be swallowed as the intended effect will not be obtained. INBRIJA capsules should be stored in their blister package and only removed immediately before use [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16.2)] .
INBRIJA should be taken when symptoms of an OFF period start to return.
The recommended dosage of INBRIJA is oral inhalation of the contents of two 42 mg capsules (84 mg) as needed, up to 5 times a day. The maximum dose per OFF period is 84 mg, and the maximum daily dosage is 420 mg. INBRIJA has been shown to be effective only in combination with carbidopa/levodopa [see Indications and Usage (1)].
Frequently asked questions
- How long does it take for Inbrija to work?
- How do you use an Inbrija inhaler?
- How long does it take carbidopa levodopa to work?
- What foods should be avoided when taking levodopa?
- How often should carbidopa/levodopa be taken?
- Can carbidopa/levodopa cause high blood pressure?
- What is the difference between carbidopa, levodopa, and Rytary?
- How does it help Parkinson's disease?
- How much does Inbrija cost?
- When is the best time to take Ongentys?
More about Inbrija (levodopa)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: dopaminergic antiparkinsonism agents
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.