Dartisla ODT Dosage
Generic name: GLYCOPYRROLATE 1.7mg
Dosage form: orally disintegrating tablets tablets
Drug class: Anticholinergics / antispasmodics
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 9, 2021.
Important Dosing Information
- Patients receiving the 2 mg dosage strength of another oral tablet dosage form of glycopyrrolate may be switched to the 1.7 mg dosage strength of DARTISLA ODT [see Dosage Forms and Strengths (3) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- DARTISLA ODT is not recommended for patients in whom a lower dosage strength of another oral glycopyrrolate product (e.g., tablet strength of 1 mg) is appropriate for initial or maintenance treatment because the dosage strength of DARTISLA ODT may exceed the recommended initial and maintenance dosage of other oral glycopyrrolate products.
- The recommended dosage of DARTISLA ODT is 1.7 mg given two or three times daily administered on top of the tongue. Allow the tablet to disintegrate and swallow without water [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- The maximum recommended daily dosage of DARTISLA ODT is 6.8 mg.
- Administer DARTISLA ODT at least one hour before or two hours after food [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Use the lowest effective dosage of glycopyrrolate to control symptoms. Switch patients who can be titrated to a lower dose of oral glycopyrrolate to another oral tablet dosage form of glycopyrrolate.
- Use dry hands when opening the blister card and do not open the blister until ready to administer.
- Open the package and peel back the foil on the blister to expose the tablet and gently remove from the blister. Do not push the tablet through the foil.
- Do not break or cut the tablet.
- Immediately place the tablet on the tongue, allow it to disintegrate, and swallow without water.
More about Dartisla ODT (glycopyrrolate)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
- En español
Robinul, Seebri Neohaler, Cuvposa, Robinul Forte, ... +2 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.