Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 22, 2021.
Generic name: AZELAIC ACID 0.2g in 1g
Dosage form: cream
After the skin is thoroughly washed and patted dry, a thin film of AZELEX® cream should be gently but thoroughly massaged into the affected areas twice daily, in the morning and evening. The hands should be washed following application. The duration of use of AZELEX® cream can vary from person to person and depends on the severity of the acne. Improvement of the condition occurs in the majority of patients with inflammatory lesions within four weeks.
Frequently asked questions
- Can Finacea help with wrinkles or acne or aging?
- How long does it take for Finacea to work?
- How much does Finacea cost without insurance?
- How do you use Finacea foam?
More about Azelex (azelaic acid topical)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (10)
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.