Generic name: AZELAIC ACID 0.2g in 1g
Dosage form: cream
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 2, 2019.
After the skin is thoroughly washed and patted dry, a thin film of AZELEX® cream should be gently but thoroughly massaged into the affected areas twice daily, in the morning and evening. The hands should be washed following application. The duration of use of AZELEX® cream can vary from person to person and depends on the severity of the acne. Improvement of the condition occurs in the majority of patients with inflammatory lesions within four weeks.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Can Finacea help with wrinkles or acne or aging?
- How long does it take for Finacea to work?
- How much does Finacea cost without insurance?
- How do you use Finacea foam?
More about Azelex (azelaic acid topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- FDA Alerts (1)
Other brands: Finacea