User Reviews for Azelex

Acne
7.4
Rosacea

Adult acne · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2020

For Acne: “I experience hormonal acne (now 45yo.). Only 1-2 will appear, but they are large, cystic like. After pregnancies, acne appeared on the thin skin under the eye area/upper cheek. Stress acne can appear back of neck or on my back. Not many, but a few large ones. And I do scar. I used Retin-A occasionally in past, but Azelex works the best for this type of acne for me. I apply it every other day to combat any potential mild burn, but daily during PMS. I don’t use Azelex on my entire face, just in prone areas or on spots where I could feel a bump is forming. I can usually stop it from growing! One tube will last me for an entire year. My skincare routine includes daily moisturizers and cycle AHA, Vit C and niaciminide throughout the week. If I had to only keep one thing, it would be Azelex. It keeps my cystic acne calm, so I won’t get that ice pick look. My insurance recently changed and this now cost over $400+...hoping it will be available as generic very soon.”

unsatisfied user · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

For Acne: “After struggling with acne, my dermatologist prescribed me Azelex 20%, and advised that I apply it twice a day and to mix it with moisturizer because it tends to dry out skin. After 3 days, it completely ruined my skin. Even after using *so much* moisturizer, it would burn my face and itch. After 2 days I figured I should keep giving it a chance. However on the 3rd day my face was just completely ruined. I woke up and my face was unbelievably DRY. My face formed wrinkles and I looked like an elder. Not to mention, my skin was peeling everywhere. It left dark patches of hyperpigmentation around my mouth, nose, and forehead. I was left with my face in a worse condition than when I started using Azelex. I don't know what to do know, I think it left me with a chemical burn or something of the sort. Now I'm left using homemade remedies to try to salvage all that I can.”

Palmbabee · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2018

For Acne: “It is too expensive... but it works great!!”

Maddie257 · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2014

For Acne: “I retried Azelex because my first time which I used for two weeks I got no results. The second time I've tried this product for over three weeks and have noticed an extreme difference with many people complimenting me on my skin. It burns and tingles for 5-10 mins but then subsides. I have sensitive skin and this did not dry my skin out at all which is great. I would definitely recommend.”

tolik · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 20, 2012

For Rosacea: “One of the best medicines to prevent Rosacea, but very expensive. ”

Tomh219 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 23, 2014

For Acne: “Works well and I've tried almost everything. It burns/itches/tingles like crazy when you first start using it but that eventually stops. I apply it mixed with a moisturizer.”

LucyX · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2013

For Rosacea: “Some slight tingling at application around the nose, otherwise excellent results at almost eliminating breakouts. Now I only get 1 or 2 sores when I am under very extreme stress.”

Anonymous July 23, 2011

For Rosacea: “Works great, but soooo expensive!”

toliksf September 30, 2011

For Rosacea: “Great working, especially Brand name”