Cromolyn Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with cromolyn:
Cromolyn (Includes cromolyn) ↔ renal/liver disease
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility. Applies to: Liver Disease, Renal Dysfunction
Systemically absorbed cromolyn is eliminated almost equally by renal and biliary routes. Although less than 1% of an orally ingested dose and approximately 8% of an orally inhaled dose is systemically available, the manufacturers recommend that a dosage reduction be considered in patients with impaired renal or hepatic function.
- "Product Information. Gastrocrom (cromolyn)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- Fuller RW, Collier JG "The pharmacokinetic assessment of sodium cromoglycate." J Pharm Pharmacol 35 (1983): 289-92
- Neale MG, Brown K, Hodder RW, Auty RM "The pharmacokinetics of sodium cromoglycate in man after intravenous and inhalation administration." Br J Clin Pharmacol 22 (1986): 373-82
- Rosenberg JL, Edlow D, Sneider R "Liver disease and vasculitis in a patient taking cromolyn." Arch Intern Med 138 (1978): 989-91
- Walker SR, Evans ME, Richards AJ, Paterson JW "The fate of [14C]disodium cromoglycate in man." J Pharm Pharmacol 24 (1972): 525-31
- Richards R, Dickson CR, Renwick AG, Lewis RA, Holgate ST "Absorption and disposition kinetics of cromolyn sodium and the influence of inhalation technique." J Pharmacol Exp Ther 241 (1987): 1028-32
- "Product Information. Intal (cromolyn)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
Cromolyn drug interactions
There is 1 drug interaction with cromolyn
More about cromolyn
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 16 Reviews
- Drug class: mast cell stabilizers
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.