Cromolyn Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with cromolyn:
Cromolyn (Includes Cromolyn) ↔ Renal/Liver Disease
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
Applies to: Liver Disease, Renal Dysfunction
Systemically absorbed cromolyn is eliminated almost equally by renal and biliary routes. Although less than 1% of an orally ingested dose and approximately 8% of an orally inhaled dose is systemically available, the manufacturers recommend that a dosage reduction be considered in patients with impaired renal or hepatic function.
- Fuller RW, Collier JG "The pharmacokinetic assessment of sodium cromoglycate." J Pharm Pharmacol 35 (1983): 289-92
- "Product Information. Gastrocrom (cromolyn)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- Neale MG, Brown K, Hodder RW, Auty RM "The pharmacokinetics of sodium cromoglycate in man after intravenous and inhalation administration." Br J Clin Pharmacol 22 (1986): 373-82
- Richards R, Dickson CR, Renwick AG, Lewis RA, Holgate ST "Absorption and disposition kinetics of cromolyn sodium and the influence of inhalation technique." J Pharmacol Exp Ther 241 (1987): 1028-32
- Rosenberg JL, Edlow D, Sneider R "Liver disease and vasculitis in a patient taking cromolyn." Arch Intern Med 138 (1978): 989-91
- Walker SR, Evans ME, Richards AJ, Paterson JW "The fate of [14C]disodium cromoglycate in man." J Pharm Pharmacol 24 (1972): 525-31
- "Product Information. Intal (cromolyn)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
cromolyn drug Interactions
There is 1 drug interaction with cromolyn
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Multum is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. Multum's information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. Multum Information Services, Inc. does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. Copyright 2000-2018 Multum Information Services, Inc. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.