User Reviews for Ulipristal

Also known as: ella, Logilia

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ulipristal.

Emergency Contraception
7.2

Uterine Fibroids

1 review 2 medications
Summary of Ulipristal reviews 4.1 88 reviews

Reviews for Ulipristal

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Do not take this. I used it 4 days after an accident and this states it is effective 5 days after intercourse. The accident being the 19th of November and i took it the 22nd of November. I took test 1 day before period due and it was positive. In shock and devastated."

ciara111 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "So I took Ellaone when I wasn’t quite sure if I was done ovulating or not just to be cautious as I wasnt on the pill this month trying to get my hormones straight. Only reason I chose this over plan b was because it’s what planned parenthood was giving out and I was a bit tight on money. I’ve taken Plan B which essentially makes your uterus inhospitable. Ella however is made to delay your ovulation 5 days. But then remember the ovulation is DELAYED...therefore your period may be too. Not to mention you will become super fertile after - anyway that is what I was I told. My period was 2-3 days late. However my symptoms which I never have were horrible and I can only assume it’s because of Ella."

that other girl.. December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "After reading everyone else’s comments, and finding that they settled my anxiety, I thought I’d also share my experience. I had unprotected sex on 17th November ( leaky condom) which according to my ‘flow’ app was the day just before my ovulation. I took Ella one after being advised that it was probably the best pill to use as it was likely I would ovulate. The first couple days were fine, but the week after I had cramping, bloating, tender breasts, nausea after meals. I suffer from anxiety so googling my symptoms just made it worse and I drove myself mad. My period was due on 3rd December, I would say I’m usually very regular. I took a pregnancy test the day before my period was due- negative result, by the next evening my period arrived !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I wanted to share my experience particularly for the young girls out there who are going through this alone. I know how scary it is thinking your pregnant when your basically a child yourself. Weather you are 16, 18 or 32 it's still scary, especially when it's unwanted. Anyways me and my boyfriend had PROCTECTED sex and everything was fine, no leaks and it didn't break. However me being me my mind went into panic mode and I scared myself to death. So 3 days after sex I went to boots and got EllaOne, along with all the symptoms, Nausea, stomach cramps, tiredness, headaches, sore boobs and back ache. Days passed and I still worried but my period finally came 1 day late! This pill DOES work but use always use condoms!!!! ;)"

Quinn252 (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS PILL! I took this literally two hours after an accident where the condom broke and I am now pregnant! If I could give this 0 stars I would!"

Stephyfm November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "My last period began Oct 26-30. However, I got really drunk on October 31. I don't know if I had intercourse with a guy (I don't have a good recall of that night). So I became extremely paranoid and took Ellaone on November 1st (within 12-14 hours) I remember that I started to have thick white discharge in the beginning (how I wish I could have written what I was experiencing the first two weeks of November). But from November 16 to November 18, I started to feel pain in my pelvis and my lower back kept hurting. By Nov 19, I started to have more lower back pain and light brown discharge. On Nov 20-26, I've been spotting. Some days were of brown or red or light red blood. I don't think it is my period. Why am I still spotting?"

Extremely_Worried November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I am usually very regular (28 day cycles) and have had unprotected sex on day 14 of my cycle. My partner came inside me. I took ella one 58 hours after unprotected sex and was very worried. My period came just one day late."

Nadia13438 November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids: "If I could give a rating of 0, I would. I had very heavy bleeding from fibroid. It was supposed to slow down bleeding and shrink fibroid. This drug made it worse. And the fibroid did not shrink. Terrible experience."

Andersc23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Took the pill 10 hours after unprotected sex, 1-2 days before ovulation, according to Clue, but you can never be sure! Used withdrawal method but wanted to be sure. I didnt have any symptoms at first, but after a week and a half, I experienced mood swings and depression, a bit of acne, back pain and cramping - all of the symptoms I have in PMS, but more severe. Hormonal bomb! My period was late 8 days and I was petrified and stressed to the max, bought a test and it came out negative. Got my period that night!!!!! (9 days late, a bit heavier flow) STAY CALM GIRLS AND USE PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!"

Ypmos November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Well, the Ella tablet worked for me, but that’s pretty much the only reason why I’m giving it any stars. The side effects were HORRIBLE. Absolutely horrible. I felt fine the first day I took it, but days 2-5 were a mess. I believe it has such horrible side effects because it is comprised of the same chemical structure as the abortion pill, it just acts on your ovaries instead of the endometrium. My ovaries HURT. I felt a pulling sensation on my uterus the entire time which made it extremely hard to sleep. I got all of the same symptoms that I did when I was pregnant last year- fatigue, nausea, aversion to smells, loss of appetite, sore boobs, v painful uterus, numbness in legs and feet, dizziness. I also kept missing turns and exits while driving, which I never do- especially in my own town. I felt like I was dying with the flu the whole time the medication was active in my system, and then suddenly, at 2am on day 6, all of my symptoms spontaneously ended in an instant. It was really strange. But I have a giant ovarian cyst now along with my period. I’m never taking this med again. I have taken Plan B in the past with no issues."

Veryconcerned1113 November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Took ella 2 days after unprotected sex ..3 days later experienced heavy bleeding and stomach pains. i wasn't even due for my period until 2 weeks later this pain feels like the same as taking the abortion pill.. Never again will I take this pill"

Anonymous November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "My period is 9 days late but pregnancy test says negative. Since taking the pill I've had increasingly bad cramps, back pain, and very sore breasts. I've had sharp stabling pin on the right side of my pelvis with certain movements. I would not recommend this form of emergency contraceptive as I've used others and had significantly fewer side effects."

KaylaSC November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I was recommended this pill by the pharmacy as a more effective pill. I took it 24 hours after unprotected intercourse with my husband and have found I am pregnant. Completely unreliable pill! In the past (7 years ago) I used the other common brand and worked fine. To say we are gutted and shocked is an understatement."

Motheragain November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "took ella one 90 hours after unprotected sex, he withdrew but I was still thinking I should take something, took with food, no sickness, but for weeks, felt lower back pain , and lower pelvic pain, cramps, and tender breasts. Also acid reflux occasionally which I never get. Then of course my period did not come, of course I started panicking and googling everything under the sun. Today negative pregnancy test, got period 3 hours later ..lol... this pill works it just makes your period late. I would use it again."

jl1974902 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Do NOT use this product.I had taken this with 12 hours and am now pregnant!!! Please, I advise all you women who do not want a chid right now to use protection! and if it fails to use the other brands of morning after pill. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!! it also gave me bad cramps!! For what?!?! It didn't even work!!!!"

Solost8989 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Worked for me Also experienced a mental acne breakout for 6 months- ended up on accutane for 8 months to resolve. Learned lesson"

Learned my lesson October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Few days ago I shared my experience after taking ella one, & was waiting for it to work. So I got my period yesterday, on day 23 of my cycle. Which is a good thing although was really painful- I really suffered a lot of cramps after taking the pill. I think its better to use condoms next time rather than making any mistakes and regretting later on. This pill depends basically on your period finishing date and the day you have unprotected sex.."

Jessforever111111 October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had a two min unprotected sex with my bf, he didn't ejaculated inside. After 3 days ,76hrs took pill ella one. Feeling cramps, headache, back pain, tiredness and still waiting for my period supposed to get today, but maybe medicine delayed it or I'm pregnant. I did preg test today but neg. I am on day 20 today even though my cycle is 28 day. Panicking a lot as I didn't want a pregnancy. "

Jess2017848 October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took EllaOne approx 8 hours after sex. I'm now 3 weeks pregnant. So I'm afraid it there was a 0 rating option I'd be going for that."

Relevance October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella One approximately 8-9 hours after unprotected sex. It was around the time I was meant to ovulate, so naturally I was very concerned. There were no significant side effects in my case, only mood swings in the first day or two (can't say whether this was the pill or just me!). My period, however, arrived a few days late (4-5 days), so I took a pregnancy test in the meantime and it was negative. All in all, I fully recommend Ella One as a convenient and highly effective solution in emergencies."

AnnaLinetti September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ellaone around 48 hours after unprotected sex, it didn't work and I now have a healthy 8 month old baby!!!! I did however spend the entire pregnancy worrying about possible adverse side effects on my baby as there is limited data / studies out there on its safety IF you become pregnant!! It clearly works for the many though as trying to find others who fell pregnant is hard work!!!"

Betib00 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took the pill 2 days after having unprotected sex on day 14 of my cycle. The last time I had my period was on July 29 so I was expecting the next period on August 29. I had no severe side effects just some acne.After being 5 days late I decided to do a pregnancy test which came out negative. One week later I went to my gynecologist to check what is going so wrong. After the examination he told me that the pill has freezed my cycle and I would skip a month not having my period. My left ovary was also swollen. I was prescribed primolut pills(hormones), which I took for 4 days. After 3 days off primolut I finally got my period almost 50 days later. Ellaone is very effective but use with caution and do not panic. It can really mess up your cycle"

JK.M September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I wanted to share my experience on here as I found comfort at looking at the reviews at a time of panic myself. I did not experience the side effects until a week after I had taken the pill. I experienced stomach pains, diarrhoea, fatigue and spotting. I read online that spotting was a sign of pregnancy so I was panicking! I was on holiday at this time so unfortunately it did damper my mood while I was on holiday a little. I was reading so many forums, researching the effectiveness of the pill, researching symptoms of pregnancy, etc etc, making myself so stressed out. I was losing so much sleep over it. Finally, my period came a week late, but I was so relieved! Have faith in the pill ladies :)"

cinnapup September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex on the 17th this month and took the Ella pill 44 hours later. I felt so sick for the first 2 days I couldn't get off the sofa, had severe bloating next few days I was nauseous and vomited a fair few times still am occasionally vomiting 12 days on, I'm now 13 days in and still having symptoms e.g. cramping and back ache mainly on the left side of my abdomen, headaches, heartburn, acid reflux. Also this pill is like an abortion, if you did have a fertilised egg which in my opinion is when pregnancy begins it stops it from attaching therefore causing abortion. Worst pill I've ever taken in my life. I'm due in 4 days and even though I don't think I'm pregnant the effects it's had on me have been horrendous. Use with caution"

Nickname123456789 September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "So I took Ella one just before 48 hours of unprotected sex, my period was due on the 25th, which was about 2+ weeks later on, so I waited, but when the 25th came, no period, naturally was very very panicked, and after a few days there was still nothing, took a pregnancy test and the first one didn't work, which again was worrying, but the second one came back that I wasn't pregnant, which was a big relief! Just come on my period now, which is the 30th. Honestly, try not to worry too much and stay calm, it's more than likely that this has worked!"

pmcm99 August 30, 2017