User Reviews for Ulipristal

Uterine Fibroids

1 review 2 medications
Summary of Ulipristal reviews 7.0 135 reviews

Reviews for Ulipristal

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took an ella one pill after having unprotected sex, 12 hours after. After only 1 week I start experiencing headaches which I never have, bloating, nausea, back pains, sore breast, I was sweating during the night and couldn’t sleep properly. These symptoms were ongoing for 3 weeks already. I took pregnancy tests, all negative, but my body was acting very weird. I felt I was about to get my period but it wouldn't come. It was 2 weeks late! So I think I had all the side effects of this medication. It does work so do not stress about a late period, it does happen!"

Deya (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi ladies! I write to share my positive experience with ella one. It works:) however I wish I will never need it again in my whole life ! Because the stress and side effects are hard! I took the pill 40 hrs after unprotected sex. Some hours later I had light pink spotting, just a little.Then the day after I didn't feel good and was weak. I also experienced my body heating up suddenly and had fever but it didn't last more than 15 min or so. One weak later I had backache and had similar feeling as I was about to get my period however it wasn't the time. So it was strange and scary. Afterwards everything was ok until the day I expected my period to come! It didn't come !! and I was so stressed it made me crazy. Every day passed and still nothing. Every morning I woke up with crying but...finally 10 days later after the expected day of period, it came! So relax! just give your body enough time to get back to normal again."

Nancy June 13, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "My first time ever taking this pill. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 29th of May which was the day I was Ovulating so naturally I started to panic. I know it was silly to have unprotected sex but sometimes we are just down right silly."

Nicki (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella one 2 weeks ago and from a few hours after taking it I have had all the side effects and still have them I took a home pregnancy test it came back negative I had heavy bleeding a week after taking it for three days I had an ectopic pregnancy just over a month ago I really do not want to be pregnant I hope it worked"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had sex on my fertile days and the condom broke. After 12 hours I took EllaOne and I hadn’t any side effects that day. The day after I started having a severe stomach ache and it lasted 5 days, then it started the back ache and the breast ache. I was 100% sure to be pregnant cause I’ve never been that sick. So after 10 days I took a pregnancy test and it resulted positive.. I was both mentally and physically exhausted. The day after I went to the counselling and they decided to make me do a blood test. At the end I wasn’t pregnant.. (best day of my life). My advice is to not be anxious, just try to stay calm even if you have severe aches... it is just for the big quantity of hormones into the pill."

Irene May 28, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex (a very stupid decision) with my boyfriend about a week before I was due my period. He didn't ejaculate inside of me but I wasn't planning on risking it. The following day I took EllaOne, and I was then advised to start taking the pill 5 days after consuming EllaOne. After 6 days on the contraceptive pill, my period came heavily. I've been panicking still if I'm pregnant, but the chances are very unlikely. The sooner you take it the better ladies!"

Chloe May 24, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Yes, this pill will help you to avoid pregnancy! This is quite effective in cases when the conventional contraceptive method failed! Girls please don't worry about late period, it can be late because of hormones in this pill. In my case.. I didn't even have bleeding after this pill.. And I was really panicking when my period didn't start earlier or on time.. "

Katerina May 15, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Going to share my experience using Ella one to ladies who are stressing- I took the pill the next day after I protected sex with my partner, however it made me very sick and I threw up just at the 3 hour limit, didn’t take the risk and bought another one- which messed up my system. The bloating and anxiety I experienced over the next month was horrible and I started spotting at the time my period was due which I thought was implantation bleed. However negative tests and my period was 3 weeks. This pill works but has its side effects x"

Irishgirl 1996 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Going to share my experience using Ella One to ladies who are stressing. I took the pill the next day after I protected sex with my partner, however it made me very sick and I threw up just at the 3 hour limit, didn’t take the risk and bought another one- which messed up my system. The bloating and anxiety I experienced over the next month was horrible and I started spotting at the time my period was due which I thought was implantation bleed. However negative tests and my period was 3 weeks. This pill works but has its side effects x"

Irishgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Boyfriend and I were having sex (at the most fertile time for me) with a condom, condom broke and we didn't notice it until after so we drove to a local pharmacy to get contraception. I'm not usually sensitive to medications and I've had the weaker emergency contraceptive before but not this one. Straight after taking it I'm feeling a bit sore and a bit tired with headaches and some mood swings - but I've been reading that this is totally normal and I don't worry too much. HOWEVER - I'm quite regular with my cycles and I have never ever felt different when ovulating, I literally experience no symptoms at all usually but after taking this pill I can feel a pinching cramp on the left side of my stomach roughly around 7 days after the accident and feeling light headed and sometimes sick. Panicking that I may be pregnant now because I have never felt like this before and when I took Ella one I was on strong antibiotics for a chest infection so maybe this interfered with it??"

Ellie May 12, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Girls, this pill does work! After a major pregnancy panic this month, I wanted to share my experience. I took EllaOne on day 10 on my cycle, 6 hours after the condom broke, I was petrified that it's too late to take and that my ovulation happened in the meantime as my cycles are very regular, of 26 days. But I took EllaOne because I read some reports that it is more effective than Levonorgestrel especially close to actual ovulation. I took Plan B in the past but this was my first experience with EllaOne and the side effects hard not to notice. For the first few days I felt really sleepy, I had cramps here and there like before my period. Then about a week after the pill my breasts got so swollen and sore, I had real discomfort wearing a bra and was still dealing with cramps. Throughout this time I also had some mood swings and later on pretty much regular PMS symptoms. And finally today, on day 28 my period came!!! So overall I am so happy I took it because I really believe it helps!"

Viviane May 8, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Took ella 20 mins after unprotected sex in October. I’m due on July 23rd. Thank goodness we love each other and we are thrilled about our soon to be baby girl, but can’t say we really wanted to have a baby... yet :) no side effects, just pregnant, 2 positive tests within 3 weeks after conception."

Alexandra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "NOT WORK! First day of last period March 8, condom slipped March 25, had ellaone within 2 hours. Take the urine test April 14, pregnant. Live in Ireland ( no abortions here) , not Irish, no visa to uk. "

Sss (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Stupidly had unprotected sex day 5 of starting on my cerelle contraceptive pill (day 11of my cycle), took Ella 3 days later had no symptoms until today 5 days later stringy blood when I wiped then brown mucus. I don’t normally get periods on cerelle so guess I’ll have to do a test in 2 weeks. Not sure how I feel about this pill yet x"

Should know better (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hey, I thought I'd leave a quick review as when I was having a mid - major freak out, the reviews I read here Really helped me. So after having unprotected sex with my OH (we're due to be married soon,and were I to have gotten pregnant, the due date would have been the wedding date "

Irish girl April 10, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella One earlier this year 2 days after me and my partner's slip up. I had recently gotten off birth control so I was completely unprotected. I got the pill at Planned Parenthood and wasn't prepared for the side effects. I had only had to take an emergency contraceptive once before 5+ years ago and I didn't really remember how I felt after. This pill made me slightly nauseous a few days later and it delayed my period for over a month. I really thought I was pregnant because it was giving me headaches too. I'm usually not very sensitive to medication so I assumed it was pregnancy. Luckily I took a few tests and it was negative. This pill works but remember your cycle will suffer. Don't assume the worst. Yeah side effects suck but it's temporary. I'd rather deal with some discomfort than a baby."

Nattyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "My period was already late but there was no way I was pregnant then I had unprotected sex and took Ella one the next day it made me get a severe break out and was anxious and depressed for a week afterwards what I think was my period came 12 days later but was much lighter then usual I’m still so worried I’m pregnant never being so stupid again and never taking this pill again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Over the last 15 years I've taken EllaOne once, and Levonelle twice, with success. Condom broke half way through my cycle and I took Ella approx 35 hrs after and thought it would be fine, especially since it is supposedly affective for 125hours. I was worried when my period was a day or 2 late, but I had read that sometimes EC can delay the next period. I'd been having cramps like my period was coming, so I've been waiting. A couple days more with no period, my nipples were noticeably 'tingly' and I'd been feeling a bit 'off' for the last week. I took a pregnancy test to ease my mind, thinking I was working myself up, it would show negative and these symptoms were psychosomatic. Unfortunately not, 5 tests later - pregnant. I thought emergency contraception was a done deal if taken in the right timeframe. Just keep in mind that you can take it correctly but you might just be very unlikely like me and be that small percentage that lucks out."

Anon April 4, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I've used ellaOne three times (not ideal, I know) and it worked for me! The only other two times I had unprotected sex, and didn't take ella, I fell pregnant! There is some dispute whether ella still works if you have just ovulated before taking it, as ella's main function is to delay ovulation to give the sperm time to die. However, I am reliably informed by my doctors that ella does also create an inhospitable environment in the womb, which can prevent implantation, although this isn't as reliable as delaying ovulation. In my most recent case, I took ella just before I ovulated. I was worried it might be too late to delay ovulation but I took LH tests daily and, sure enough, I ovulated several days later than expected. And no pregnancy. So, yes, it works well as emergency contraceptive."

Jenny (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Took Ella One 12 hours after unprotected sex on 3rd March after taking it successfully previously. Took the tablet on the 4th March, according to my cycle I should have ovulated between 27-1st March, so I was fairly confident that the tablet although taken after ovulation would prevent unwanted pregnancy. Lo and behold I am now 7 days late for my period and three tests have come back positive so I am now booked in for a termination next week as this is a very unwanted pregnancy and a massive mistake."

Unhappy (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Felt like it's my obligation to leave a review to make other girls relax a bit. My period was late by 4 days, by which time I was overthinking everything. A day after taking the pill (mind you, I was ovulating when I took this) I was experiencing anxiety, depression and just freaking out CONVINCING myself I was preg. After taking negative tests, every 3 days a week before my period, it somehow relaxed me a bit. So advice! If you're a worrier like me, its best to stock the pregnancy test just to make sure (and make sure over and over again til you bleed.) I did get my period, although, it was late and lighter than normal, but still your period nonetheless. Will be looking at better forms of contraceptive as this just messes up your emotions."

jas (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi just want to share my awful exp. I took Ella one on my day of ovulation about 9/10 hours after the deed. At first I experienced no side affects, I almost forgot I took it as I felt no different at all. Fast forward now 30 to days later. Still no sign of my period, very sore, tender left breast, can’t stand without it hurting. Took 2 tests, both negative but experiencing a lot of pregnancy symptoms. I suffer with anxiety and this waiting game for my next period which was due 18 days ago has got me going mad! Very worried although tests read negative. Please be careful girls and use protection and if possible avoid this pill altogether. I am from Ireland and this specific pill cost me €35."

Dublin (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I have taken the emergency contraceptive pill 3 times in my life. The first time I taken ellaone I had no symptoms so was a little scared, however it is such a relieving type of medication it gives you a piece of mind even if you think you won’t become pregnant. I have recently taken Ella one (Tuesday 6th March) and started bleeding on Thursday which I think means I won’t be pregnant, although I’m not sure if my period will come now as I’ve been bleeding for 4 days now and my period is due next week."

Lilliv (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella one as I had unprotected sex around time of ovulation. I experience nausea very slight spotting and some cramps up to a week after taking it but the worst side effect was the anxiety. I thought I was loosing my mind. I see another girl below commented about the same. I suffer from anxiety already but this was something I never experienced before and was quiet scary. Otherwise, my period was late, 14 days late exactly but I had tested negative from the first day my cycle was due. So yes the pill works and is very effective but be aware of the side effects and don’t worry about a late period. My doctor actually told me to forget about my period for a while because Ella has such strong hormones it can mess up your cycle so don’t worry ladies. Once you get the negative test your clear"

Anon1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had protected sex with my bf and he did not ejaculate, the condom had a brief slip . The scary thought was still in the back of my mind, so 48 hours later I took ellaone. It was on day 22 of my cycle.. (usually have 30 day cycles) My period was late by 13 days and when arrived was lighter than usual. However I experienced another bleed around two weeks after this which was like a regular period. Hopefully it worked. (I’m guessing it did)"

Anonymous March 7, 2018