User Reviews for Ulipristal

Also known as: ella

Learn more about Ulipristal.

Emergency Contraception 39 reviews 14 medications

8.4
Summary of Ulipristal reviews 39 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Ulipristal

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi ladies! I am here to update on my experience with EllaOne Pill. I had protected sex on 18 Nov 2015. Nothing spilled, nothing broke but naturally, I was still paranoid. So I decided to take Ella four days after just to be safe. My last period was on 6 Nov 2015 and my period came 7 Dec 2015, quite on time! My next period came on 5 Jan 2016 so my period has resumed back to normal. My pregnancy tests have come back negative :) However, I have suffered one side effect of Ella One which is nausea. Before and after my period, I would have extreme nausea. And it may last for days or be short. I have combatted that by resting or eating food to ensure that I'm not on empty stomach if I do vomit (I have not) I hope this helps! Don't be afraid :)"

kaykay78 January 11, 2017

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had protected sex but the condom split, but it split early on but he hadn't finished. But I've just had a baby and you're more fertile the first few months and me being paranoid I took Ella one. My periods aren't into a routine because I've had a baby so I don't know when I should even come on. I took the pill two weeks ago now and the past few days I'm crippled in pain with belly cramps and pain in my back. All sorts of things are going through my mind, like ectopic pregnancies and I'm worried so much. Because I was only dating the guy, were no longer dating and if I got pregnant again I'd be so upset. Basically idk what's going on and the only thing I can think of is this pain is from taking the Ella one"

Amber1095 December 14, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Just got a question, me being silly had unprotected sex at the end of my period, I took the 3 day pill a day after it happened! Then had it again with my boyfriend on the 27th and took the five day morning after pill on the Thursday, I was meant to start my period on the 3rd of December but still haven't come on yet, do I need to go to the doctors?"

elaaaa December 11, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I just wanted to share my experience in case any of you are experiencing a delayed period after taking EllaOne. I had unprotected sex on the 8th of November, and I was on the pill but I really hadn't taken it properly that month, I got EllaOne and took it about two hours after the unprotected sex. I was due my period the following Monday but it never came. I had extremely light spotting and cramps, I freaked myself out thinking this was implantation bleeding and took multiple tests which were all negative. My period for that month didn't come, even though the doctor I went to about a separate issue said this wasn't possible. My period finally came today, 3 weeks and 4 days late! try not to worry, I drove myself crazy about it for no reason!"

Rhi16 December 8, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ellaone like end of oct time on the same day as i had unprotected sex. I only took it coz my period app said i have a medium chance of getting preg and as am usually carefull i didn't want to take any chances..so here we are 21days days late and panicking although all the preg tests i have done were all negative!!"

123Mia123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hello strangers. Im here to share my experience of taking emergency contraception, Ellaone. My period cycle has been very irregular last 3 monthes , assumed stresses. Therefore it was very hard to know when exactly my ovulation was. On November 19th, I had unprotected sex with my lover unexpectedly. He had condom initially but it dissappeared.He didnt notice that, so he literally came inside of my vagina. I was panic because of my irregular period cycle, I was not sure about everything. After 17hours of unprotected sexual relationship, I had Ellaone tablet. Regardless how much I worried, my period started today! It was actually starting early then I thought. So dont worry too much! It really works! Release your worries!"

Gabrielle K November 28, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hello, I decided to share my experience because I know how it feels to be so scared and stressed. I had unprotected sex twice in a day on 6th of November. Next day I found out that my ovulation was on the 5th of November. I was about to die. I was searching through internet and I found out about the morning after pill. I wasn't sure if it was available for me because I'm only 18. 3 days after I went to get the morning after pill to boots and I felt so much better. Today I'm so happy because I got my period on time! I'm still shocked because I thought I'm pregnant. Ellaone works and I recommend it because it's just amazing!!"

Lacole (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Period came 3 Days late, which is normal. Don't worry. Your period will come."

User8437 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Firstly yes it worked HOWEVER after my experience i think this pill should be illegal! It messed me up and i now regret taking it. It said on the leaflet your next period may be a few DAYS late and if any longer than 7 to do a pregnancy test) i did not get my period so i did tests.. all negative.. 3 MONTHS later.. finally got a period and the pain was just horrific. I will never take a pill like this again. Horrible horrible thing!"

Lolabanks26 November 15, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella one on the 28th of September 4 days after intercourse with my partner as my implanon had been expired for 3 days which I was not aware of until after, so in panic, took the Ella one tablet. I did not notice no side effects except from a brown discharge after taking and slight cramps on and off for the next 3 weeks and a little sickness. I also had tender breasts. I was convinced I was pregnant as a week had passed from my period due date of the 8th of October, by this time symptoms had stopped and I started getting cramps again, I finally came on my period on October 22nd just over 2 weeks late!!! I would recommend Ella to anyone in my position as it worked for me."

Hayley Mack (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I was reading the reviews the other day and I was very nervous on whether it would work for me! I had unprotected sex back in mid September (a drunken foolish decision) and nipped to the chemist the following morning to get the MAP. I was in the middle of my ovulation window. I took it within the 1st 12 hr window so was assured by the chemist I had the best chance of it working and thought little more of it. I track my period using an app on my phone so when I was due I got notification. 4 days later and still nothing. My head started to go crazy so I took a test and it said negative which made me relax a little but when I still didn't get my period I was stressing. This morning it finally arrived 18 days late. I've never been so happy."

Kaydorr October 18, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I was reading these messages this morning and it put my mind to rest a little, so I thought I'd share my experience. I took Ella three days after having unprotected sex. I missed the other pill and I didn't know doctors did Ella. I was in two minds but I took it. I didn't have any symptoms to be honest after from having little cramps, however my period was due 9 days after taking the medication. I didn't come on and I am never late so everything went through my head. After reading the messages and trying to relax I have come on, I was 5 days late! So try to relax, apart from being late taking the pill was fine and I would recommended it! Hope this helps you."

Rebecca Louise September 20, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I used Ella one after twelve hours of 'unprotected sex' I was drunk when everything happend and was positive I didn't have sex ,but just no too sure and my mind led me into paranoia. So I decided to not take the chance and take the emergency contraception. The pharmacists aren't judgmental at all and are completely understanding im sure you have to be 17 to purchase it so me being 18 was no problem. I took the pill on the 11th and my period was due on the 20th. I took it straight away and the first two days I had no symptoms then on day 4-6 I experienced hot Flushes, pelvic pain, cramps and bloating. Above all it worked and I got my period today the 18th two days early!!! I would completely recommend it even though it's pricey. Be safe"

Anonymous September 18, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Im on the Evra patch and silly me made the mistake of forgetting it for 1-2 days of the start of my first cycle and i had also forgotten about that the weekend i was with my boyfriend so i was unprotected 27/8 Saturday. Went Doc gave me Elleone on the 29/8 Monday so 2 days after i was with the boyfriend. I was nervous about taking it after reading some reviews. So here is mine. The day i took it i was little moody, very mild tummy upset but noting to really complain about. i had 2 weeks to wait till i got my period which always comes on time it is now the 16/9 and it was only a few hours late but my period came and on the day its meant to! I have cramps but nothing new there! Relax ladies the pill works."

Relax it works :) September 16, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hey, So I took the ellaOne about 7h after the condom slipped. It cost about 35€. The first 3 days I didn't have any side effect exceppt major sickness but I think I was sooo nervous that I could not eat anything. DONT WORRY I WAS DEVASTATED AND SO HORRIFIED FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS BUT IT WORKED! I am so happy! Don't worry you are gonna be okay! :* But after the first 3 days my skin got soo bad and I had a lot of cramps but hey, worth it. I got my period about 3 weeks late - all ok ;)"

Namesnotimportant September 13, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "This pill works! I decided to share my experience with you because when I had unprotected sex I was searching like crazy to find out a solution. Firstly, I had unprotectes sex august 20th, and the next day I swear, I was extremely anxious and nervous, I was about to die.. I took Ella 30 hours after, and after some days I decided that what I could do, is wait... so I stoped worrying and became comfortable, and I was waiting for my period.. finally it came a week late. So, because I know the struggle, DO NOT PANIC, this pill is very very effective because you dont get pregrant immidietly.. but remember to always have PROTECTED sex...in case you dont ..there's ella xx"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "June 27th I had unprotected sex at 5am I waited til planned parent hood opened at 9 then they gave me the Ella pill I took it soon as they gave it too me..she said I had up to 5 days to take it..a week later on July 4th I had unprotected sex again & I took the Ella pill cause they sent some Ella pills home with me..I haven't seen a period in July & now we are in mid August & I still haven't seen a period"

Mack2020 August 10, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "This pill works! I had unprotected sex July 4 and 16 hours later took the Ella pill. Believe me I was terrified as I'm about to go away to college I am NOT prepared to have a child, today I got my period after it being two weeks late, but this pill works. Don't stress it won't help & it won't make anything come faster, it'll work."

Sgg August 6, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi! So I took ellaone last month and I took it within 10 hours of having unprotected sex. I was convinced everything would be ok until my period was 10 days late! Of course I freaked out and was convinced I was pregnant as my period had only ever been up to 3 days late before. Took one pregnancy test, came back negative, took another pregnancy test and it was faulty- one line was vertical and one was horizontal (both meant to be vertical if pregnant) so I booked in to see doctor. I had all the symptoms of pregnancy but unfortunately for us women, most of the pregnancy symptoms are the exact same as period symptoms. Anyway to cut a long story short- my period came today! Ella one DOES work. It's just a high dose of hormonas."

Shivvy356789 August 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception: "I had drunkish sex , so the condom split up .. I was freaking out cause o was ovulating .. Took Ella one and after two weeks my period came. At the begining was literally killing my self cause I had like brown discharge like for two days and I read about implantation spotting I was totally devastated cause I thought Ella didn't work for me , good news is after one day I had my period very red and heavy with cramps ( sorry for that explicit) so I'm not even taking pills for the pain ... I deserve this lol so please don't mix sex and alcohol . Ella did work for me ."

Greatful girl July 13, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I'm writing this because like you I was worried out of my mind after unprotected sex. I took Ella 2 hours after and I was a little nauseous for the next day, I also experienced cramping for a day. After I took it I felt fine and had no bleeding. About 2 weeks after I took it I got my period (yay!) but it was one week late. So don't stress too much because it WILL come!"

Unicorn horns June 21, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I tool the pill yesterday morning after unprotected sex. By the afternoon I felt so tired. Today I felt really nauseous and a little tired. I also started my period today. 10 days early !! Guess it's not a bad thing (yet) ."

YesYes30 June 3, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "The reasons am did a review on this is because of the comfort I got from reading other reviews in my moment of panic, in hopes that mine will comfort another. Took Ella after a few hours after unprotected sex (bad Idea) and I was a few weeks from my next period. My cycle was fairly consistent and you could only imagine the sheer panic of missing my period for 5 days. Relief only came the next morning when my period resume.I was panicked because this was the longest I had gone without my period and I had no symptoms associated with taking Ella so I assumed it didn't work.All I will advice is be patient, not only does Ella work, but there were very few symptoms. Very effective, definitely recommend it."

LanLi (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "more effective and much fewer unpleasant side-effects than the more common plan-b. However, only available with a prescription. free with my insurance!"

AAAAC May 6, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex and took Ella One on third day. I didn't get my period and fell pregnant. I had some implantation issues, Vasa Previa (baby blood vessels blocking cervix). I can't help but think, although no concrete evidence that Ella One caused this. I now have a beautiful healthy baby boy which was born by csection due to this. Would change him for the world but wanted to say Ella One didn't work for me."

Limelightlou April 22, 2016