User Reviews for Ulipristal

Also known as: ella, Logilia

Ulipristal has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 586 ratings on Drugs.com. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Emergency Contraception
Uterine Fibroids  Off-label
Summary of Ulipristal reviews 7.0 586 reviews

Reviews for Ulipristal

Relieved · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “This page has been a godsend for me the past few weeks so wanted to share my story to put anyone else in the same boat at ease.❤️ Took Ella One roughly 13 hours after an accident with a condom! On Tuesday 30th lo and behold this was in my fertile days. Period was due 20th feb.....several pregnancy tests.... I was doing one a day I was that worried!! 7 days later my period has finally just come on and could cry with relief. No side affects what so ever after taking the tablet but roughly 2 weeks ago to this day I have been feeling bloated, nauseous, sore boobs THE LOT I was convinced I was pregnant. If you have anxiety take this tablet will make you worse with worry BUT it is common for the pill to make your period late so try not to worry. Just come and read this page for reassurance ❤️”

Amy May 1, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “The length of my menstrual cycle is 26 days, always was regular ,My last menstruation was on 14th of February, had unprotected sex on 23 rd same month, took the morning after pill immediately, again had unprotected sex on 8th March but did not take the pill, since he didn’t ejaculate inside me. My period was due on 11th March(3 days before the expected period. I thought there was no chance of getting pregnant. But unfortunately didn’t get my period on 11th as I expected. I was kinda worried, I didn’t experience the side effects of the pill, no nausea, slight bleeding, dizziness, nothing. After 7 days of missed period I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative, again took a urine test after 14 days. also was negative, believe it or not it took 51 days to get back my period. I f your pregnancy test is negative, just wait NS don’t waste your money on expensive tests, you'll get your period. Just be patient. I had to wait for 7 weeks 2 days. Good luck ladies”

Kiwi May 10, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hello everyone. I promised I would share my story with you all, so here it goes. I had my period on the 17th of March. Had UPS on the 25th of March, took Norlevo 12hrs after. Heavy bleeding 5 days later, so I knew it worked. Had UPS again on the 5th of April. I took EllaOne 13hrs after, on the 6th of April. And that's where the stress begins... No symptoms. I saw lots of women saying they had every symptom on the planet, but for me, absolutely nothing. I forgot about it... Until my period didn't come. One week went by, then two, then three, and I began loosing my sanity. And STILL NO SYMPTOMS. NOTHING. I researched abortion possibilities for weeks, too scared to even take a pregnancy test because I didn't want to face it. I waited 55 DAYS, and my period just came. I am so relieved. To all the girls/women who get scared about the "7 days delay MAX or you're pregnant" infor on the internet, it isn't true. Your period will come, you've done the hard part.”

Lara January 22, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I had sex in my fertile window. The app said I was at 1dpo, but apps CANNOT be trusted with predicting ovulation accurately. Condom slippage happened during withdrawal, and a few drops leaked inside of me. Within 40mins I took EllaOne, had some pain in the ovary from which I usually ovulate. Note: It's very possible I was actually GOING TO ovulate, I had all the symptoms. I thought I already ovulated and I was going to get pregnant anyway. I get your anxiety! I'm lucky for such a supportive boyfriend. A pregnancy would ruin any chance of me getting into medical school. Turned out my period was 3 days late. To anyone going through anxiety and stress because of this: THIS PILL IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE ON THE MARKET, but take it ASAP. Don't waste time. If you already ovulated, it thickens cervical mucus and thins the endometrium so pregnancy is unlikely. I believe women who become pregnant even on the pill most likely do for waiting too much. Your period will come!Sending warm hugs”

Bex · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I had UPS a week after my period and took the Ellaone pill within 24 hours and I have now missed 3 periods 3 months down the line. 110% not pregnant after doing 20+ pregnancy tests and even having blood tests and ultrasound to confirm I’m not pregnant! This really has messed my cycle up and Iv been going out my mind with worry ever since.”

bee January 6, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hey guys! So I had UPS on Dec 2nd and took Ellaone about 48 hours after, I was towards the start of my cycle and was due to ovulate in about four days. My next period was due on Dec 27th and it’s pretty regular so of course I was freaked out when it was late. I came straight to this site to see if it had made other people’s periods late and was reassured to see that it had, but mine was almost 2 weeks late at this point so I was getting really worried. I took 2 pregnancy tests 3 days apart but both were negative, this helped calm me down a bit but I was still just desperate to get my period. I was getting PMS symptoms like cramps, tender breasts and backache but as these are also symptoms of early pregnancy it wasn’t much of a reassurance. Long story short, I got my period this morning and feel like I can breathe again! I hope this can offer a bit of reassurance to someone reading this, don’t underestimate the power of this pill and how it can affect your cycle. It really does work.”

Anonymous July 24, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Wanted to share my story as a found comfort in all of yours. I had UPS with my boyfriend and realised my Flo app said it was ovulation day! Absolutely panicked and took Ella 12 hours after tho I was still so worried as I read it you have ovulated Ella won’t work. I’ve read up a lot about this and it actually has 2 other functions if passed ovulation 1. Thickens cervical mucus to stop sperm getting to egg 2. Makes it difficult for a fertilised egg to implant. Over the weeks had cramps, lots of discharge and mood swings. Took a negative test at 16dpo (days after ovulation) and then eventually 10 days late my period arrived! Also just a note to be careful at calculating ovulation dates. Websites like clear blue gave me completely different dates. I know this tablet may have some side effects and isn’t good for anxiety but at the end of day all these things are 100 times better than an unwanted pregnancy. Please, trust the process even if you were around ovulation it can still work!”

HJM February 3, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hey hopefully this puts someone’s mind at ease! I took Ella one 3 days before my ovulation so I was a bit wary as there is a chance it may not work around your fertile days but decided not to panic yet as it was still early days! It came to the week before my period and I wasn’t getting any of my usual PMS symptoms. 2 weeks went by and my period had still not arrived so I done a pregnancy test and it was negative! Then a whole month went by and still NO period and I was still getting negative tests. I went to visit my doctor and she confirmed I was not pregnant! She confirmed that stress and the hormones in the pill is the reason why my period was missed. Then the day after my doctors appointment my period arrived! My advice to anyone taking this pill is to not worry because Ella will delay your period even if it’s more than a week or two but try not to worry! She done her job and is a great EC but I wouldn’t put myself through the stress and anxiety again! Stay safe girls x”

EllaOneUser June 21, 2017

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hi girls, I'm just going to share my story with you here. I absolutely know what it feels like to be worried and stressed so please try your best to stay calm. So anyway, I had unprotected sex and the next morning I took the morning after pill, EllaOne (after 13-14 hours). I was probably ovulating at the time I had sex so I was freaking out so much, you have no idea. I started smoking a lot and eating so little due to stress and every time I got a cramp here and and there I thought to myself "OMG I must be pregnant". Got the ClearBlue pregnancy test and tested 6 days before my expected period. Negative! Done a second test 4 days before my expected period. Negative! After doing my second pregnancy test I happened to get my period a few hours later that day! So of course, relieve! The stress was gone! So anyway I was expecting my second period to come but it didn't and I started googling so much things. Every hour of the day and I was absolutely going psycho, I used to hide and cry, smoke too much again, eat nothing and the stress was making me sick. Of course, I googled pregnancy symptoms: lower back pain, cramps, so I went psycho and thought oh my god I must be pregnant. But calm, the exact same symptoms are also due to stress and anxiety! I then went and done another pregnancy test. Negative! (It would've been about a month and a bit after I had unprotected sex). I was stress free for a day then again, Google screwed with my head and told me that I was basically pregnant when I wasn't! Was still waiting for my period and it wasn't coming and then I started getting discharge. It was different textures every day: crumbly, egg white etc. and then this followed by brown discharge. I absolutely freaked out and Google told me that if I had brown discharge I could be pregnant. I went and done another pregnancy test (negative), but this wasn't enough for me because I was already gone psycho so I spoke to the pharmacist and broke down in tears and told her I was so scared. She said to me that the morning after pill had so much hormones that can delay or make your period come early. The brown discharge is basically dried blood that couldn't come out. It's because of the morning after pill playing with your hormones. Two days later, psycho me, I had a doctors appointment, told her about my story she done a pregnancy test (negative) and ensured me that I was not pregnant and told me the same things that the pharmacist had told me, the brown discharge is due to the pill and that my period could be irregular for a few months. I was calm for a day. Got home, started googling so much stuff and I freaked out again so I had to return to her for a blood test because that is 100% accurate. So anyway I got my results today and I am not pregnant! Now I'm going to patiently wait for my next period to arrive! So to the girls out there that don't want to get pregnant and have taken the morning after pill within the necessary time. Please don't google too many things it did really mess with my head. You are more than likely fine! Good luck!”

nick47 August 25, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Our condom broke so I took ellaOne 17 hours later just to be safe. I was pretty sure I was ovulating and it’s better to be safe that sorry. I didn’t experience any side effects, but my period wasn’t coming and I was stressing about it a lot. Days went by and still not a single sign of my period. And the claims that the pill can only make your period up to seven days late sure weren’t helping. But then I read all of these reviews which made me calm down a bit (since a lot of people have said that their period was over 10 days late after taking the pill), which is why I felt the need to share my experience as well. Next day, I got my period (11 days late) but it’s a lot heavier and much more painful than usual. Overall, I’m thankful it has worked for me, but I hope to never have to experience this kind of stress again.”

BH · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I took Ellaone 2 days after unprotected sex, started to get bad belly pains a few days later but never came on a period. It’s been a month now. I started with tender breasts last week and bad belly pains again. I knew something wasn’t right so I did a pregnancy test and I am pregnant.”

elli5kou June 4, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hello ladies! I would return here and share my experience once I made it out. I made the mistake of having UPS (withdrawal) on May 1. I took Ella 2 days after. Fast forward to May 18, no period. A week went by. So worried, I’m testing basically every two days, all negative. After 1.5 weeks, I start to feel cramping and bloating like before a period, although normally I really don’t. I also had a big appetite and would cry watching animal videos, I scared I was pregnant. I keep testing negative, but I’m losing it. I also felt my emotional state very bad, I was sad and also having vivid dreams and crippling anxiety. Thank goodness today (2.5 weeks late) I finally get it. Immediately I feel better. I can say that this pill does do its job, but you will never want to do this again. It’s physically/ mentally awful I will begin a regular birth control pill- this stress is too bad for us! Stay safe girls and try not to stress (I know it’s impossible). You will come out the other side!”

Amy February 13, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “This is for anyone worrying about your period being delayed after taking the ella pill. Had UPS about 5 days before my period was due so I was very sure I was out of my fertile days but I took the Ella pill the next day anyway just to be safe. Period didn't come when it was due but I didn't worry much about it then 2 weeks later still didn't get it so I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. 1 week after that still didn't get it so I took another pregnant test and it was negative. On the same day got brown discharge and went crazy thinking it was implantation bleeding and it lasted for 3 days. As days went by I started getting cramps, sore breasts and feeling tired and I was convinced that it was pregnancy symptoms but looking back I was definitely overthinking it. FINALLY today 41 days later I got my period. I just wanna say if your pregnancy test is negative and you still haven't gotten your period don’t worry its just the hormones from the pills messing your cycle up.”

Anonymous26 January 13, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hi ladies! I was in the same boat, reading reviews to help ease my mind after taking ella! I had unprotected sex and so the day after I took ella. My period was over 3 weeks late. I was very concerned and even took 2 pregnancy tests, both were negative. This pill really delays your period and makes it worse, sorry to tell you! I felt all the symptoms before my period started which made me paranoid, I was emotional, tender breasts and cramping. This pill worked but having to wait almost a month on whether or not I was pregnant was absolute torture. I was relieved when I got my period but I had a heavier flow and I was cramping more than usual! This pill works, it just delays your period an extra 2-3 weeks!”

heluvsme · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “HI GUYS so I had UPS on last day of ovulation, I was so scared of precum I went to the doctors for the Ella pill they ended up not having the pill and they gave me the Plan B instead but they told me it wasn’t going to work if I already ovulated, I ended up taking Ella pill 4 days after UPS I was so scared it wasn’t going to work I started getting symptoms like cramps mood swings, and I also had these noticeable blue looking veins around my arms; breast and hands. I was so sure I was pregnant, I started crying a lot, not sleeping, not even eating, I also took a pregnancy test but it came out negative. After reading all of these comments I calmed down a bit. After 5 days I got brownish discharge I thought it was implantation bleeding but no, I got my period the day after, 3 days early before my supposedly cycle. THE PILL ACTUALLY WORKS DON'T STRESS TOO MUCH BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY GIVES YOU SYMPTOMS JUST LIKE PREGNANCY! I learned my lesson. Stay protected good luck :))”

HappyPatientGirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I never usually write reviews but this site really helped me stay calm while my mind went crazy. I had unprotected sex on the 8th January the day of my ovulation. Stupid me... I took it the next day and just thought I would get my period as usual... but that never happened I started to get pregnancy symptoms, nausea tender breasts I was super scared .... my period was due on the 23rd of Jan never came I did a thousand pregnancy tests that were normal I even panicked that I was infertile then on the 4th Feb I got my period 11 days late I’m so relieved.... EllaOne works just trust the process ...”

kkkkk February 2, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I had UPS on the exact day of my ovulation according to the app I use to track my cycle. Condom broke and it was 2 am so I had to wait for pharmacies to open. So I ended up taking Ella 8 hours after the incident. I did not really experience any side effects except for the swollen breasts. I was super stressed because well it happened on the day of ovulation. I could only wait 15 days for my period which I didn't get at that date so I took a blood test but the doctor said there is a chance for it to be wrong; so I waited more and it was so stressful and the only thing kept me calm a bit was reading this site's comments so I promised myself to share my experience after the stressful days come to an end. I got my period 5 days later (was lighter than usual) and honestly I don't know if it was the drug or me stressing too much for more than 2 weeks. I was super moody during this time which is normal since the hormonal balance is messed up. But girls YOU WILL BE FINE. THIS DRUG WORKS!!!”

Emmie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hi, I took Ella two days after UPS. I had finished my period 4 days before this at the start of January. It’s now the 23rd February and no period. I’ve done three negative pregnancy tests. Getting PMS pimples and the odd cramp but not period. Is it possible to be pregnant and have three negative tests? Or has the MAP delayed my period for a really long time? Help. Thanks!”

Anonymous November 23, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Here to hopefully reassure you girls. I took ellaone twice within the same cycle (not ideal, but 2 separate accidents left little choice). I took it the morning after UPS both times. My periods are normally very regular however Ella really delayed my period. My period has just arrived today, 25 days late. Despite numerous negative pregnancy tests, I was still paranoid and needed the reassurance of getting my period. If your period is late and you’ve got a negative pregnancy result, try to be patient (easier said than done I know). The stress of wondering where it is will probably delay it even more. These are powerful pills and unsurprising the hormones will affect our bodies and cycles in these ways”

elbee · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “Hey guys! I though. I’d leave my experience here as others doing so helped to settle me. On 22/6 our condom broke and we didn’t realise until he had finished and we both were freaking out. Within the hour I had taken ella and that same day I was hit with an awful spell of dizziness and a headache but I managed to sleep it off. I have a very irregular cycle and was around my predicted ovulation date and was very paranoid I’d maybe already passed it. Personally I didn’t experience that many side effects but this didn’t make me feel too much better. I was frantically googling my options if I were to be pregnant but two negative pregnancy tests settled me a little. and then FINALLY after a 49 day cycle I got my period today (20/7) - around 4 weeks after taking ella one. I'm assuming if you have a more regular cycle you would see a clear change in when your period starts but that was not the case for me. try keep calm and stay safe :)”

Kel · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “My last period started on 8th Feb and ended on 12th Feb. We had UPS on 15th Feb. I took Ella 24hrs later. I usually have a 30-31 day cycle so my period was due around 11th March. I was terrified when it never came, despite it being unlikely I was pregnant due to not being at the ovulation stage of my cycle. After 3 negative pregnancy tests and a lot of stressing, I finally came on my period today 29th March, 2 and a half weeks late. Just so relieved. Never want to go through this again.”

Zeek · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I took Ella one, a week prior to my period. Well, it messed up my cycle completely and caused unnecessary stress! I was quite bloated and had severe mood swings. I took 3-4 pregnancy tests which were all negative. I finally got my period 3 weeks after my usual date and I felt so relieved! For all of those who have missed their period for over 3 weeks, please don’t worry, this drug does work! :)”

jukita June 9, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “So I took Ella One after unprotected sex on March 24 I took less than 24 hours after. The first week I was feeling really bloated, dizzy, however it went away. 16th of April I started spotting, and on the 19th I got my “period” but it was so different than blood period and not heavy at all. At around May 13 I started with period symptoms such as breast tenderness, dizzy, morning sickness, mood swings like normally HOWEVER it came 10 times stronger than ever in my life. I had those symptoms for the whole month. I was supposed to get my period on the 20th of May and it was already 10 days late. I began feeling extremely bloated and so I took three pregnancy test. All negative so I kind of felt relieved but I was still feeling off. I stopped with the breast tenderness finally but was still feeling bloated and nauseous. I was sure I was pregnant until today! After 50 days I finally got my period. Ella One works, but it also makes your cycle/hormones go crazy. Don't take if u have anxiety”

Kat January 12, 2020

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “These reviews and experiences helped me so much to not freak out so I feel like I owe this site my experience as well!! I stupidly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my ovulation day no pharmacy close to were we lived (we were on vacation we didn’t know the place ) thankfully the next day we were leaving so I could take the pill. Long story short I took the pill 39 hours later no side effects everything felt fine around the time my period was to come it never came I started to have pregnancy symptoms and I went crazy thinking about abortion or ,stupidly again I never took a pregnancy test to put my mind in peace because I was scared in the thought that I might be pregnant I ended up missing period for a month 51 days later my period finally came and I’m so relieved!!! IT WORKS !! It Just messes up your cycle so stay calm girls always take a pregnancy test and always be protected I learned my lesson!!!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2021

Ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: “I used this as a requirement to get an IUD since I had UPS 4 days prior. It delayed my period so bad, I was stressing out so much. My period came 58 days into my cycle with about 2 weeks of back pain, breast pain, cramps and mood swings. I do not want to go through this again. I really freaked myself out when google said anything past 7 days was bad news. I was way too nervous to take a pregnancy test too. If you take this, you will be fine!! Your period will come”