User Reviews for Ulipristal

Also known as: ella, Logilia

Learn more about Ulipristal.

Emergency Contraception 57 reviews 16 medications

8.2
Summary of Ulipristal reviews 57 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Ulipristal

For Emergency Contraception: "Hi all.Took Ella 4 weeks ago this Wednesday within the 72 hour window. Have done 5 tests the most recent this morning all negative. However,my breasts are really sensitive and a lot of clear discharge.Backache as well and I have myself driven mad wondering if these are pregnancy signs or just signs of my period coming.Just want to bleed already and know for sure that MAP has worked!!!!"

Mia81 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception: "I normally take temperatures every morning to predict when I'm fertile/unfertile and modify my sexual practices accordingly. I knew I was at the height of my fertility so we had sex with a condom. But the condom slipped off and neither one of us noticed until after he "finished." I read the reviews of people who took the traditional plan B (levonorgestrel) within just a few hours of having sex but still got pregnant. I've also had really bad side effects from levonorgestrel including mood swings, depression, digestive issues, etc. Levonorgestrel works to prevent ovulation, but since I may have already ovulated, I decided to take ella instead. Ella is more effective than plan B and I'm happy to report that Ella gave me ZERO side effects!"

dezdez (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi girls, I'm just going to share my story with you here. I absolutely know what it feels like to be worried and stressed so please try your best to stay calm. So anyway, I had unprotected sex and the next morning I took the morning after pill, EllaOne (after 13-14 hours). I was probably ovulating at the time I had sex so I was freaking out so much, you have no idea. I started smoking a lot and eating so little due to stress and every time I got a cramp here and and there I thought to myself "OMG I must be pregnant". Got the ClearBlue pregnancy test and tested 6 days before my expected period. Negative! Done a second test 4 days before my expected period. Negative! After doing my second pregnancy test I happened to get my period a few hours later that day! So of course, relieve! The stress was gone! So anyway I was expecting my second period to come but it didn't and I started googling so much things. Every hour of the day and I was absolutely going psycho, I used to hide and cry, smoke too much again, eat nothing and the stress was making me sick. Of course, I googled pregnancy symptoms: lower back pain, cramps, so I went psycho and thought oh my god I must be pregnant. But calm, the exact same symptoms are also due to stress and anxiety! I then went and done another pregnancy test. Negative! (It would've been about a month and a bit after I had unprotected sex). I was stress free for a day then again, Google screwed with my head and told me that I was basically pregnant when I wasn't! Was still waiting for my period and it wasn't coming and then I started getting discharge. It was different textures every day: crumbly, egg white etc. and then this followed by brown discharge. I absolutely freaked out and Google told me that if I had brown discharge I could be pregnant. I went and done another pregnancy test (negative), but this wasn't enough for me because I was already gone psycho so I spoke to the pharmacist and broke down in tears and told her I was so scared. She said to me that the morning after pill had so much hormones that can delay or make your period come early. The brown discharge is basically dried blood that couldn't come out. It's because of the morning after pill playing with your hormones. Two days later, psycho me, I had a doctors appointment, told her about my story she done a pregnancy test (negative) and ensured me that I was not pregnant and told me the same things that the pharmacist had told me, the brown discharge is due to the pill and that my period could be irregular for a few months. I was calm for a day. Got home, started googling so much stuff and I freaked out again so I had to return to her for a blood test because that is 100% accurate. So anyway I got my results today and I am not pregnant! Now I'm going to patiently wait for my next period to arrive! So to the girls out there that don't want to get pregnant and have taken the morning after pill within the necessary time. Please don't google too many things it did really mess with my head. You are more than likely fine! Good luck!"

EllaOneUser June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, although he didn't 'finish' in me I took the MAP the next day, around 30 hours later. My period was meant to come 5 days after the date I took the pill. However, it's now 10 days late and I'm getting very worried. I've searched early pregnancy symptoms and I have none of them at all. Need to take a test to be certain "

Scared 18 year old June 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Had a small accident early hours of 18th June took ella on 19th June at 10am then today 20th June started bleeding considering I'm only 14 days in to my cycle so its my normal ovulation time was recommended to take ella one Had no reactions when I took tablet this morning slight cramping then came on so doing as its supposed to It is the first accident we've had since my daughter arrived so don't want another baby just yet"

Newmommy2nemmo June 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex on April 30, one day after my period had ended, and took EllaOne the next morning. I didn't have any side effects at first, except some spotting, but after about 2-3 weeks I experienced medium cramps mainly on the right side of my abdomen (about where the ovary would be I guess) that got more intense after exercising. The cramps lasted for about four days, but I'm still experiencing mild discomfort in my lower tummy from time to time. I freaked out and took a pregnancy test (20 days after having unprotected sex), which came back negative. My period is due in a few days and I'm hoping all is well, since I'm going on a month-long trip in a week..."

Irresponsible 17-year-old May 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "The incident happened on 9 May, and Took Ella one on 11 May morning within 36 hrs. I suspected that condoms leaked or it was inside out, or something was wrong with it. My period tracker says that 9, 10 and 11 May are high chances of pregnancy so I am worried sick. Had some head flushes, back pain and super tired. Now waiting anxiously for my period to come..!!! How late or how early can period be after Ella one?? SOS!!!"

BettyRoss May 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Took EllaOne two hours after an accident (the condom broke). It costed around 30€. I didn't experience any side effects that same day nor during the whole experience. I tried not to freak out like crazy taking the fact that my regular cycles are often quite long (periods are usually +-35 days apart). My period finally came today, 9 days late! Don't worry, Ella does its' job :)"

sarah749 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ellaone on the 20th April after 3 days of unprotected sex,it is the 7th May and I have not started my periods. A bit worried."

Selia123 May 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella at the very end of Oct . I didn't experience any side effects from taking the pill initially, and all the tests I took several times in Nov were neg every time. My period did not return until Feb and when it did it was one word- horrific. I was already 10 days in to my cycle when I stood up and thought I had peed my pants b/c of the amount and speed of liquid that came out of me. I had my period in Feb for 19 days, March was 25 days , April I am currently working on 17 days. Thankfully there have not been anymore traumatic floods but 7 months after taking that pill I am still dealing with the effects on my cycle and the unknown for my future fertility. If I could go back and do it all over I would not have taken Ella."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Just want to share my experience with others because I could find some comfort in those of others. I had unprotected sex on the 20th of April. My periods are regular and, based on my period tracker, at that time I was on my least fertile days of my cycle (chances were big that my ovulation had already took place a week ago). I took EllaOne after 6 hours. I experienced some mild cramps a two hours after, but that was it. I did not have any other symptoms. Based on my period tracker, my period should have started on the 26th of April. However, it did not come. I was a bit stressed and took a pregnancy test which turned out to be negative. Finally, after two days my period came! Please, stay calm and breath in/out! EllaOne works! :)"

Kenza (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I used this after a condom split- was very worried as I was a week away from my period! Ordered this and took it about 1 and 1/2 to two hours after sex. Period came on time and I'm not pregnant. Please don't worry- I stressed myself out loads but if you took it within about 8 hours the chance of you being pregnant is absolutely miniscule. No side effects for me!"

Madison92 April 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella 3 days after a little accident happened (14th and 17th Feb 2017, respectively) and initially had no symptoms. However, my period was in total 18 days late. In those 18 days I panicked and really stressed myself out thinking that the pill might not have done its job and it may either be due to this or the pill itself that I experienced mild stomach cramps, nausea and fatigue. When my period finally came, it was lighter than usual."

Anonny (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella when having protected sex, but the condom broke. I took it the day after. The next day I did not sleep (my mind was running wild), I had hot flashes and I felt nausea. The next day I felt dead tired and I could not properly function at work. The third day, the same story; not being able to concentrate, hot flashes, emotional changes etc. And then my period came 4 days early. I say Ella does it's work (you can actually notice it doing its work a couple of hours after you took it), but I am never taking it again (now wanting to use the nuvaring) because of the bad side effects. If you really have a problem it does it's job! Feels more like an abortion pill though."

Anna88 March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took morning after pill 12 hours after unprotected sex. I felt so tired and sleepy and nauseous, my stomach hurts too. My period is due 21 of March 2017. My body had these weird chilling sensation so I won't take the morning after pill again. I rate like this because I don't know if it will work or not. I will update later as the days progress and hope I get my period"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi, I am also here to share my experience of using Ella One as I was also stressed and scared. I stupidly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend twice in a day however, at the time I didn't think anything about it as he has pulled out but after a couple of days I started having second thoughts and thinking what if I got pregnant and I wasn't due on my period until over a week. I decided to go and get Ella One on the fourth day after having unprotected sex. After taking it, I found this forum speaking about everyones experiences and decided to keep calm, relax and wait for my period. Week later my period came one day late! I had no side effects or anything, this pill is fab! Remain calm and Ella One will do its job ladies!"

chub1 March 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I want to give my experience to you girls who were in the same situation as me. I had sex with my boyfriend, but we believed that the condom had split so he took me the next day and I got ellaOne. I suffer from anxiety so I was so so worried about if it had worked or not, if I took it right etc. It then came to the day my period was due (11 days after I took the pill) and I had no sign of it. As days went on I still had no period and I was constantly reading on the internet about reviews and pregnancy symptoms, scaring myself! After a week I took a text, negative. And then after 2 I took another and still negative. Finally, after 23 days my period came. I wouldn't worry girls, it will come!!"

Weeeel (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex and the guy wasn't able to pull out in time. I had just gotten off the pill the month before and I was very fertile/ovulating at this time. I took Ella within the 24 hour window and experienced nausea and headaches in the first 2 hours, then on-off within the next 5 days. I was quite paranoid because I also caught a cold (I rarely get sick) within 2 days, and for some, a weaker immune system may be experienced when the egg first gets embedded. I was experienced some diarrhea but looking back this may be due more to built-up anxiety. My period arrived, just 3 days late. Sharing this experience for those of you who might be worrying. Ella works, just remain calm, and next time, use a condom!"

Sianna (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hi ladies! I am here to update on my experience with EllaOne Pill. I had protected sex on 18 Nov 2015. Nothing spilled, nothing broke but naturally, I was still paranoid. So I decided to take Ella four days after just to be safe. My last period was on 6 Nov 2015 and my period came 7 Dec 2015, quite on time! My next period came on 5 Jan 2016 so my period has resumed back to normal. My pregnancy tests have come back negative :) However, I have suffered one side effect of Ella One which is nausea. Before and after my period, I would have extreme nausea. And it may last for days or be short. I have combatted that by resting or eating food to ensure that I'm not on empty stomach if I do vomit (I have not) I hope this helps! Don't be afraid :)"

kaykay78 January 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had protected sex but the condom split, but it split early on but he hadn't finished. But I've just had a baby and you're more fertile the first few months and me being paranoid I took Ella one. My periods aren't into a routine because I've had a baby so I don't know when I should even come on. I took the pill two weeks ago now and the past few days I'm crippled in pain with belly cramps and pain in my back. All sorts of things are going through my mind, like ectopic pregnancies and I'm worried so much. Because I was only dating the guy, were no longer dating and if I got pregnant again I'd be so upset. Basically idk what's going on and the only thing I can think of is this pain is from taking the Ella one"

Amber1095 December 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Just got a question, me being silly had unprotected sex at the end of my period, I took the 3 day pill a day after it happened! Then had it again with my boyfriend on the 27th and took the five day morning after pill on the Thursday, I was meant to start my period on the 3rd of December but still haven't come on yet, do I need to go to the doctors?"

elaaaa December 11, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I just wanted to share my experience in case any of you are experiencing a delayed period after taking EllaOne. I had unprotected sex on the 8th of November, and I was on the pill but I really hadn't taken it properly that month, I got EllaOne and took it about two hours after the unprotected sex. I was due my period the following Monday but it never came. I had extremely light spotting and cramps, I freaked myself out thinking this was implantation bleeding and took multiple tests which were all negative. My period for that month didn't come, even though the doctor I went to about a separate issue said this wasn't possible. My period finally came today, 3 weeks and 4 days late! try not to worry, I drove myself crazy about it for no reason!"

Rhi16 December 8, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ellaone like end of oct time on the same day as i had unprotected sex. I only took it coz my period app said i have a medium chance of getting preg and as am usually carefull i didn't want to take any chances..so here we are 21days days late and panicking although all the preg tests i have done were all negative!!"

123Mia123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hello strangers. Im here to share my experience of taking emergency contraception, Ellaone. My period cycle has been very irregular last 3 monthes , assumed stresses. Therefore it was very hard to know when exactly my ovulation was. On November 19th, I had unprotected sex with my lover unexpectedly. He had condom initially but it dissappeared.He didnt notice that, so he literally came inside of my vagina. I was panic because of my irregular period cycle, I was not sure about everything. After 17hours of unprotected sexual relationship, I had Ellaone tablet. Regardless how much I worried, my period started today! It was actually starting early then I thought. So dont worry too much! It really works! Release your worries!"

Gabrielle K November 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Hello, I decided to share my experience because I know how it feels to be so scared and stressed. I had unprotected sex twice in a day on 6th of November. Next day I found out that my ovulation was on the 5th of November. I was about to die. I was searching through internet and I found out about the morning after pill. I wasn't sure if it was available for me because I'm only 18. 3 days after I went to get the morning after pill to boots and I felt so much better. Today I'm so happy because I got my period on time! I'm still shocked because I thought I'm pregnant. Ellaone works and I recommend it because it's just amazing!!"

Lacole (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016