User Reviews for Testopel

Hypogonadism, Male 7 reviews 62 medications

Summary of Testopel reviews 7 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Testopel

For Hypogonadism, Male "I've been on TRT for 10 years, was managed well initially with injections, saw a new MD who switched me to testopel. I have not had a great response, I am on maximal dosage 2 compounded pellets added. The levels of Free T I achieve are only good for about a month to month and a half post implant. It has been a year since starting them, I do not like them and will request to return to injections. This is just my experience, I understand it works well for many others. My T levels total when diagnosed was 54 ng/dl. I have crashed multiple times going below 90 twice."

Thor Norman January 21, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "I have age-related low T ( age 69). Turns back the clock to about 40 (mentally maybe 18. I see beautiful women everywhere.) Enables me to retain the active life I want for sports, sex and creative enthusiasm in my work. The procedure is briefly painful with an antibiotic shot on one side and anesthesia shot before the pellets. Some slight ache at the site for a few days and a small lump that owly disappears over 3-4 months. My very careful urologist repeats labs for T levels and PSA for safety and medical necessity before each repeat. Medicare covers only 6 pellets every 90 days. I pay $4-500 for an extra 4. Well worth it to me to get back the life I want."

GreenEyeLover October 25, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "I am a two time testicular cancer survivor. My body no longer produces testosterone. I am 30 years old and this will be for the rest of my life. I was on Andro gel for about 2 and a half years. The last I would say 8 months I felt like complete crap. Depression and always tired and lethargic. Didn't feel like doing anything. No motivation for anything. I just had my second round of testopel about a week and a half ago and I love it. The first time I got it I felt the difference within the first week. Same with this second go round. I have more energy. The only problem I have, is that on both times my incision site leaks and one pellet did fall out. Other than that I love this stuff."

Kendo1717 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "I am a 58 year old. Testopel: Ist insertion 12 pellets was quick, extreme bruising and soreness for a week (remedied with ice 2nd insertion). Expected results were excellent. Like a bell curve for me 1st week waited for levels to come up and they did, improvement in strength and fat loss, slight weight loss (still believe that 95% of this is your eating). After 12 weeks started to notice shift back to perception of low t and at 16 week mark level was under 300. 2nd insertion 14 pellets same results at 12 weeks today and starting to feel same way. Calling Dr. to see if I can get in early after we see blood test."

fritzy124 March 4, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "You are not going to get immediate results with Testopel. It took me 17 days last time before I felt like a champ. You just have to give Testopel some time and you will throw rocks at gels and shots. I have insurance that pays for most all of mine but I would definitely not be on Testopel if I didn't just because it cost so much."

bkbrian27 February 26, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "I am the wife of a husband who was put on testosterone therapy of various forms through the years. I can honestly say it is ruining our marriage. My husband is 50 years old and we have one young son. My husband's personality is different. His sex drive is abnormal and embarrassing at times. I have strong fears that my son was exposed to the gel that he was initially prescribed. The doctor who prescribed it did not do enough to warn my husband of the huge risk of my son being exposed. "

Clipper235 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2012

"I am about to do my 4th treatment. I have used Androgel and injections, and nothing has worked like this. You have to give it at least 2 weeks after the treatment to see the full effect. It has really worked for me. My symptoms go away until about 2 weeks before my next treatment. That is the only issue."

Anonymous June 20, 2011

For Hypogonadism, Male "After being on Androgel for about a year and not feeling better I decided to switch to Testopel. Got my first implants of 10 pellets of Testopel 7 days ago and I still have the low testosterone symptoms."

not satisfied June 28, 2010