User Reviews for Androderm to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Androderm Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Androderm

Oli · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

“After using Androgel for 5 years, my body stopped responding to it. We switched to Androderm and it works perfectly. I finally feel like every other 25 years old guys, I have a normal appetite and I feel well rested in the morning. The only downside to it are the intense skin rashes, they itch and burn like crazy, my skin is swollen and red with occasional blisters but it's manageable.”

JV0104 May 25, 2020

“I started on TRT with a T-level of 270, and after two months and a half using Androderm 4 mg it went up to 527. However, after month and a half of using the patches it started to produce skin reactions, which has become stronger and stronger. In the beginning, the first month, it was just producing a very mild irritation which would be gone within 1-2 days. However, later it started to produce a rash and very irritated red "bumps", sort of an allergic dermatitis, in the skin despite the fact I rotate the application places of the patches. Some of the red bumps take about two weeks to go and they left a mild dark spot in the skin (I hope the skin comes back to its normal color). Another downside of the patches is the quality of the adhesive. In my first month, about 12 of the patches came with a really bad adhesive, which could fall within 5-6 hours or less. This is unacceptable for taking into account that the full retail price is about 600-700 US$ per month.”

Kev November 12, 2019

“Used two patches of androderm in less than 24 hours. The adhesive quality very poor. No patch today how can you charge $650 for your product. Different than testim but equally annoying. Andro gel is far superior to either one of these products. Thanks to wonderful insurance companies no choice in the matter. Yes thank you united healthcare.”

Mikey53 · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

“I have just started to use these Androderm patches. The first patch was applied to my arm post a hot shower. I was clean and dry and it came off in two hours. I then opened a new one and first wiped my skin with an alcohol pad, let it dry and this second patch lasted 6 hours. I then applied the third patch first I shaved my skin then alcohol rub ,allow to dry and it came off relatively in a very short time. I now am taping these patches. Complaint on its way very soon”

Matshuu · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2019

“I am a transgender man and have switched from Testosterone injection to this product and androderm and it is a miracle. I've heard bad things about them but I don't have any bad effects except that my mood swing are really bad and I have been aggressive. Doesn't itch, just leave a red mark and my skin peels after I remove it.”

HBK13 January 29, 2019

“The adhesive quality of these patches is sub-par to put it mildly. They are being applied at bedtime to clean, dry, non-hairy skin areas. They ALWAYS come off every night without fail. I have to tape along the edges to keep them in place. It should come with a roll of tape in every box. Did I get a bad box? Or is this what I have to look forward to everyday if I elect to stay with this product? I specifically asked my PCP to take me of of AXIRON because I felt that the patch would be less messy and deliver the medication more efficiently. I'm regretting doing this now. I've only used 10 of them as of this writing. I will finish this box since they've been paid for. But likely will ask to switch back to a topical next time.”

GiddyUp · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2018

“I can not keep the patches on for 8 hours let alone 24 hours, even by adding tape all around the edges they just fall off.”

Average Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2018

“Went into my doctor complaining about low energy, depression, problems in the sex department etc. Tested my T levels, was at like 89. Put me on the 2mg patch. One month in have felt absolutely nothing. Did not refill my prescription. Got tested again, waiting for results. PS. I'm 47, male. Used to like to lift weights, run and scuba dive. Now one mediocre workout leaves me exhausted for days. If I mow the lawn I need a nap.”

Guest84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2017

“No noticeable change in my libido after 2 months on androderm patches. All I get out of them are splotchy and dry peeling skin wherever I've put them.Disappointing...”

Sculler00 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2016

“39 yo male. Diagnosed with hypogonadism following a rather rapid loss of erections in Nov. 2015. Unable to maintain a normal erection. Loss of libido. Doctor found low testosterone as the issue. Levels were between 175 and 275; free testosterone at 6.2. I was prescribed Androderm 2mg patches and wore them for three weeks. Brought my T levels up to 350. My urologist upgraded me to the 4mg patch and wore those for approximately 2 weeks. While on the 2mg patch I noted irritation at the site beginning after about 7-10 days. I was rotating application sites as instructed but the reaction continued to get worse. Ended up switching to Axiron because the reaction to the patches was becoming severe/extreme. I was covered in itchy spots.”

RobinHood000006 December 10, 2015

“Way too itchy, I can barely leave it on, I tried it for a week straight, and at the end of the week where I had the patches started to bubble up like a blister. Extremely painful for prolonged use.”

Airborne101 August 11, 2015

“The patches caused a severe rash leaving spots like I'd been branded. Diagnosed as Latex Intolerant.”

31 male · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2015

“It doesn't work for me. I have been on 6mg a day for four months (one 4mg and one 2mg patches). My testosterone was slightly above 100 before the patches and today is 11. That's right 11.”

Tracy lhend May 25, 2015

“I've had a good experience with androderm patch. No side effects what so ever. It seems to work well. I would recommended it to anyone.”

Alexiys March 13, 2015

“My Testosterone was 47 and I'm 39. I feel no power and always tired. Before the Androderm I was on Testosterone Cypionate injections. With in 250 for every two weeks my test on Testosterone was going to 1200 total after three months. Fill great, no side effects and all my fat is gone, looks more skinny and muscular. With the Androderm 4 mg I can say it works probably less then half. No side effects but I see more fat again on my budy and no power. Please give me my injections back.”

Impfac · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2014

“Works fine but shots are easier”

Buthead50 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2014

“I'm 50, I quit drinking 3 years ago, and have been on meds for high blood pressure, and high Cholesterol. I had shoulder surgery in January, and the pain has been terrible. I have been taking pain meds. I have had no desire, or no ability to perform sexually over the past couple years. My doctor tested and my T was only 100. Extremely low. He started me on the patch, and after 3 days, I haven't noticed much change, I'm hoping it kicks in, and I get the results I am looking for. My insurance does cover all but $30, so that's a plus. Hoping for the best.”

Brooklyguywithhope · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 16, 2014

“I am 54 and been using patches 2 years, Testosterone is back from 190 to 400 on average; energy is back plus good marital functioning, if you know what I mean. I notice sometimes they do not stick well if water gets under it and do not place it on a body part with lots of motion. The longer you use it the better the result. My facial hair has filled out much more. Just make sure your MD does a CBC to make sure you do not have too much red blood cell production.”

Shawn1997 · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2014

“I just picked up my prescription and am looking forward to positive results. I've been on anti-depressants for about 5 years. I recently read an article that many older (I'm 48) men suffering from depression actually have low testosterone instead. So I had my bloodwork done and all my levels are normal, except testosterone, which is only 143... extremely low. Like many of you, cost is an issue. Without insurance it's $440 month. With insurance it's $97 month which is still too much for me. BUT I went to the Androderm website and got one of their savings cards. All you do is print it out and give it to the pharmacy. Now my cost is half price... only $42.”

Joepeterson September 19, 2013

“I'm 30 years old. I've been dealing with low Testosterone for over 3 years. I've found a doctor that has finally put me on this medication I been on it for four hours and cannot believe how I feel already. I have erectile dysfunction issues for the last year and it is working like it is brand-new again and it's only been four hours. So far amazing start.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2013

“Use alcohol pads to clean the area, and the patch will stick to it 24 hrs.”

patrickguy69 March 13, 2013

“I am an older guy (over 65). Last evening was my first experience with Androderm 2 mg patch. I was not expecting much in the way of results. About an hour and half after dosing my penis became fully erect and hard without any physical stimulis. This has not happened in years. This morning I woke with morning wood. More like a willow than a oak but I will take that. The patch did not come off in the pool doing water exercises for over an hour. Total Testosterone 381 Free Testosterone 55 So far I have been very happy with product”

Anonymous January 6, 2012

“Androderm HAD given me back a reasonable level of energy, upped my mood and allowed me to function sexually again. Unfortunately, with the changes to the product my insurance company no longer has it on its formulary as a Preferred medicine and the cost is about $1500.00 a year (co-pay's). I am looking for an alternative that still allows me the benefits of a patch, without the outrageous price. Good product but I can't afford it!”

kmaverikaz December 25, 2011

“I have been using the Androderm 2.5 patch for 45 days. My testosterone level has been 241 for the past several years. The first 30 days I had zero side effects. I have noticed in the past two weeks I am developing rashes, raised red "bumps", itching and swelling in the areas where I used the patch. This condition is actually considered a serious side effect that requires immediate medical attention. I have developed one particular area on my thigh that has become enlarged with intense itching. If it does not improve with 24-48 hours I will report the Emergency Room at my local VA. I will request my doctor to switch me to the gel which reviews indicate a distinct odor but that would be much less intrusive than these current side effects.”

tanguy87 December 14, 2011

“I'm 24 and suffer from anorexia and I'm in treatment now and my doctor put me on Androderm. It changed my life I went to other doctors and they just prescribed erectile dysfunction medication. When I got into treatment I found out my level was at 201 and was supposed to be between 800 and 900. I got my appetite back, less fatigue, and all around feel awesome!”