User Reviews for Terazosin to treat High Blood Pressure

Also known as: Hytrin

Terazosin has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 33% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 42% reported a negative experience.

Terazosin rating summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 283 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Terazosin

Anonymous · June 27, 2009

Hytrin (terazosin): “Have been using Hytrin for about a year. It has lowered my blood pressure, helps me sleep and urinate and able to empty my bladder. Has not affected my sex life at all. Have woken and been dizzy, but I am able to slow myself and watch where I am going.”

dt1401 · May 14, 2010

Hytrin (terazosin): “Well I have blood pressure that is normally high, but sometimes normal. I have only been on Hytrin for a few days. The first day it made me very dizzy and fill very bad. My blood pleasure went from an average of 160's/90's to 110's/60's. I am only on 1 mg. I only have been taking a 1/2 a mg since the first day.”

Anonymous · December 17, 2009

“Works well for blood pressure, even better for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. I seldom have to get up during the night to use bathroom, best sleep I have had in years. Only problem that I have noticed is a lack of energy during the day.”

Jeff from New York · November 19, 2015

“Terazosin helped with BP but the one big side effect I had was that it literally made my entire body hurt. Both shoulders and arms hurt so bad, I could not lift either arm without pain. I have been off Terazosin for 5 days now and am getting better by the day.”

Sally67 · April 30, 2017

“Been on terazosin for 3 months for blood pressure. My blood pressure went from 165/95 to 220/125. I also take a beta blocker, spirolactone and coversyl. Did the opposite of what it was supposed to do. Felt nauseous the entire time and almost fainted numerous times. This drug had the adverse reaction for me and was a very difficult 3 months. I'm back on amlodimine and my blood pressure has returned to normal. Anyone else with similar experience?”

Terazosin · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 20, 2022

“This med is causing mental distress and anxiety and lowering my zest for life. I stopped taking it and Wow! I have such an upbeat look on life again. Back to the drawing board on a search for something to lower my blood pressure. :(”

brian lannen · May 21, 2009

Hytrin (terazosin): “Hytrin is one of the few blood pressure medications that is controlling my hypertension problem. Very effective medication. I'm very happy with it.”

Anonymous · October 23, 2008

“Terazosin works well for both high blood pressure and BPH. One of the better medications for reducing blood pressure, in my opinion.”

ugauga · March 1, 2015

“Causes frequent nightime urination.”

gigi · Taken for less than 1 month · July 4, 2019

“I took meds and it lowered my blood pressure but caused urinary incontinence was so bad I had to stop taking it.”

Kdubya · Taken for less than 1 month · October 1, 2019

“It was effective at lowering my blood pressure. However, at 1MG per day, it caused body aches and muscle spasms. I had to quit after 5 days.”

mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 25, 2021

“I have been taking it for about 3 months now. It has had no effect on my blood pressure at all. The dr. just increased my dose to 8mg a day. Keeping my fingers crossed.”

Reg · Taken for less than 1 month · March 31, 2022

“Took this meds and began dizzy and would faint. Did lower BP but side effects made it impossible to tolerate.”