User Reviews for Tamsulosin to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Page 3)

Also known as: Flomax

Tamsulosin has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 253 ratings for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. 27% of those users who reviewed Tamsulosin reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Tamsulosin Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Tamsulosin

Druggo · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 1, 2019

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Hi, I am 52 years old and have been taking this Drug for the last 2 years, I have finally come to the conclusion the side effects of flomax and what I am feeling are real. Mostly fatigue body aches and pains and headaches associated with back pain and sinus aches and pains. My libido mostly ok and sex is normal. Thinking seriously of stopping this med and see what happens.”

Anonymous50 March 3, 2009

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Flomax has improved my urinary flow and comfort and reduced significantly the number of distressing dribbles at the end of urination. Unfortunately, Flomax also quickly reduced my sexual ability too, with softer, less frequent, and shorter lasting erections, and sometimes appears to cause premature ejaculations that never occurred before. Taking zinc along with multi-vitamins appears to help. I'm still getting up at night to urinate but at least the flow is good. My wife isn't thrilled about this, but I must be able to pee to live, and I can still live without much sex.”

pnezynow March 30, 2008

Flomax (tamsulosin): “My PSA went from 1.2 to 5.4, but after taking FLOMAX for over a month, my PSA is back down to 2.0. It definitely eased the difficulty in urination, and most nights, I don't have to get up. I have noticed my urine is very dark and stron-smelling first thing in the morning.”

Ghuidz · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“I was diagnosed with chronic urethritis, had an issues with weak stream, failure to fully empty bladder, frequent peeing at night. My urologist prescribed me this medicine (tamsolin). Initially after a day those symptoms seemed to relieve, but I notice the side effects of this medicine in my body so terribly, like dizziness stuffy nose, severe fatigue bodily weakness, gasping for air when sleeping, tooth sensitivity, and difficult time falling as sleep at night, I consider to set a appointment to my urologist to consult this matter.”

Icarus · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have been taking Flomax for a week now, passing pee improved a lot, however I experienced a severe stomach cramp which lasted about six hours, constant niggley head ache and a strange feeling of vertigo, blurry vision on and off. Today my whole abdomen feels like on fire! Also feels like fever shakes. .Terrible side effects at least for me. I rather continue herbal treatment which has worked for the last ten years or so.”

Elliot October 12, 2019

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I started taking tamsulosin in the middle of September 2019. After a few weeks I started to develop a loss of appetite and a debilitating weaknesses. I became nauseous and was unable to eat. This was not a tired or drowsiness but a profound weakness that prevented anything associated with normal activities. I stopped taking tamsulosin on Thursday 10/10/19. I guess I will know better in a few days.”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have been on Tamsulosulin for about 6 months, I don't have any side effects, I did have retrograde ejaculation for about a week, but all has been well since. I do forget to take the 1 tablet occasionally. Actually forgot this weekend. I don't notice a marked difference with or without the drug, perhaps a slightly weaker stream and a slightly harder time passing urine, but I do wonder if its actually worth taking? I will discuss this with my Urologist. So give it a go if your Dr says so it dose help a bit.”

Richard Smith September 25, 2019

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Wow! Took Flomax one time and it greatly improved urine flow and got rid of urgency! The downside was a pounding headache and the complete elimination of ejaculate. It’s a shame..I had high hopes! Doctor recommended discontinue use immediately which I already had done. He recommended Saw Palmetto. We’ll see how that goes! Desperate for a solution!”

Huggy bear · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Has way too many side effects dizziness, fatigue, myalgia and it made me constipated. It really seems like our doctors don’t know anything. I’ve been using natural supplements and I actually have a quality of life that is bearable. Going to China to be cured. Alpha blockers are designed to make you stay on a life treatment with horrible symptoms. No thank you I’ll stick with my own recipes that I came up with that help more than anything any doctor has given me. All the doctors think I’m crazy but they’re just programmed that way and very text book. Think outside the box people, if your treatments don’t work it is time to do more research.”

Upatnight April 8, 2009

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have been using Flomax for two years. It keeps me going but I still get up at least three times a night. Flow is not normal, light streem. My PSA is under 2.0 and always has been. I'm tired, sore and not getting any better. Have not had sex for a long time. I'm going to try a new drug.”

Anonymous August 7, 2009

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have been using Flomax (0.4 mg 1/day) for approximately 2 weeks, with a great improvement after the 2nd pill. My problem with urination wasn't too bad to begin with - slow start, weak stream, start/stop, up 2-3 times per night -- just inconvenient. I have experienced side effects with Flomax: get very dizzy when first standing up within 3-4 hours after taking the pill (feels like I'm going to pass out), so I take it at night; noticeable muscle weakness, but not severe. Also, sex is affected, weak orgasm. I tried Saw Palmetto (2,000 mg/day)--seemed to help some, but not very much.”

Pee Shy · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I was having the usual symptoms - hesitation, weak stream, frequency day and night, incomplete emptying - sometimes couldn't go at all unless I got in a hot shower. Very frustrating. I started and stopped this twice. First time was alarmed at ejaculation problems (no semen), the second time for irregular heartbeat. But the side effects seem to have subsided this third try even though I I don't ejaculate, I do reach orgasm. This is a minor bother compared to how effective it is at solving all my symptoms. I've been on it two weeks.”

mesher · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin): “After 1 week of flomax, urine flow was slightly effected. I have started experiencing dizziness, extreme fatigue, weakness, nausea, diarrhea, headache, chills, body aches and flu like symptoms. Goodbye flomax.”

Jay57 December 13, 2009

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Been on Flomax for BPH for 2 yrs now. Its improved my urinary volume and flow rate tremendously. Most night, don't even get up at all. Better now that I take it at 10pm with a small snack. While it has also caused me to have dry ejaculations (my other half has not complained about this) , I can maintain erection and have multiple ejaculations.”

Trouper72 · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): “just started taking flomax (generic)..waiting to see what happens. On the web, most of the reviews are very negative and not encouraging. Why does this drug still get prescribed ? With all of the negative reviews I have just read, it really amazes me this drug is used for BHP..”

peepain August 7, 2011

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have been taking Flomax for a month for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. I had been getting up to urinate 2 or 3 times a night, suffering from severe pain during urination. Since starting Flomax I have found myself dizzy if getting up quickly, blurred vision, decreased sex drive with abnormal ejaculate. I have lower back pain. I feel weaker and tired all the time. On the up side I can go all night with no need to get up to urinate and the pain while urinating is 50 percent less.”

Gus · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Since being on Flomax my bowels don't function properly. Constipation. Need laxative every 3 days. Stomach aches, cramps, low energy, dizziness. Just generally feel bad. Hardly ever leave home now. Its terrible. Been on it 90 days. Wasn't sick until I started taking this drug. I'll elect surgery early if necessary to get off this drug.”

KV · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Must be careful with flomax side effects and check for interactions with other BP/heart meds. My conditions cleared with first pill. BPH was induced by other infection and allowed antibiotics to work by restoring the urine flaw. I stopped after the second pill. It should be made available at much lower dose for induced BPH treatment.”

ssp.Jb · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): “This helped with urination flow but was bad on sex life. After being on it for short time only 4 days . Has caused trouble with very little painful semen release, and problems staying erect during that time. The side effects out way the benefits.”

Yogi · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have frequent urination at night. Dr prescribed Flomax. I took my first pill last evening 30 minutes after dinner. Felt nauseous in the morning. Got up for work and nearly passed out in the shower. Flopped on the bed wrapped in a towel. Had a cold sweat. My BP must have dropped. I did not go to work today and have been lethargic all day. I am not taking Flomax ever again.”

Ol fella · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2019

“I took Tamsulosin for around four months and more or less immediately started suffering with anorgasmia (couldn’t reach climax) and struggled getting an erection too. Thought it was age related (58 at that time) until I saw other reviews saying similar issues. Went to see my doctor and persuaded her to take me off it and go for green light laser pvp treatment instead. Which I had around six months later. Took several more months until things went back to normal. Now 61 and things all working fine. Just think this side effect is more common than the leaflet tells. Also had a devastating effect on me psychologically and got quite depressed but thankfully over it now. I’ve never had any reaction to any other drug I’ve taken so just want people to be aware about this if they take Tamsulosin”

Pops Don · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Upon starting on Flowmax, urination flow was 100% improved. After 1 month urine flow somewhat more diminished but still well better than without taking Flomax. Trying to work through side effects including mild headache, lightheaded, diminished libido/sexual desire, diminished volume in bowel movements, gas. In my 3rd month of Flomax and not sure the benefits will win over the many side effects I am experiencing.”

pissant October 30, 2009

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Been on Flomax for BPH for 7-8 yrs now. Its improved my urinary volume and flow rate But it has also caused me to have dry ejaculations at times. I can maintain erection and have mutiple ejaculations, but its effect on relaxing the prostate slows my volume of ejaculate.”

Hamza, Indian aged 70 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 23, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): “I have been using a combination of Flomax with Finesteride for a period of say 2 years. Actually this drug met my requirement, such as smooth urination and broad and fast streeming. If I forget to take this capsule in one night, in the morning all troubles relapse. Disadventage is the side effects. I am having so many mild problems, such as postural hypotension, peeling inside hands and legs, mild migraine, intermittent constipation, but I don't know whether I can attribute all these complaints to the drug. My serious problem is retrograde ejaculation. Fortunately there is no priapism. Second serious problem is meagre erection, so I seldom share bed with my wife. But masturbate once weekly, which does not require full erection.”

FokinSonny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 13, 2017

Flomax (tamsulosin): “Flomax gave me serious side-effects including the following ; tooth ache, gum infection, sinus infection, cough, chest pain, vision problem, muscle ache, muscle weakness, dizziness, premature ejaculation, inability to hold erection for sex, lack of orgasm after painful ejaculation.”