User Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine topical to treat Burns, External

Also known as: Silvadene, Silvadene Cream 1%, SSD, Thermazene

Silver sulfadiazine topical has an average rating of 9.8 out of 10 from a total of 64 ratings for the treatment of Burns, External. 98% of those users who reviewed Silver sulfadiazine topical reported a positive effect, while 2% reported a negative effect.

Silver sulfadiazine topical Rating Summary

9.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Burns, External.

94% 60
3% 2
2% 1
2% 1

Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine topical

RooftechZ January 15, 2021

“There was a small fire next door to my apartment. I went to put it out. Well not knowing, there was a small can of plumbing primer near the flame. The can blew up and went on to me,35% of body. I got Air lifted to a burn center. I had to leave because I'm a single father with 2 young children. Grandma had a jar of S.S. I gave it a try and WOW. Within 24 hours, what burns I had on my face had gone away.”

EagleBone July 26, 2020

“I pushed too hard on the tea kettle lid as result it slipped and my hand was immersed in boiling water and back of my hand and a couple of fingers blistered, peeled immediately and hurt like anything, throbbing searing pain. Luckily my wife had a Doctor appointment just then so I went along. Dr. B took one look and called the treatment nurse. After flushing with saline she pulls out a popsicle stick and takes a big jar out of the refrigerator. "You ready for this?" I nodded. She took a great glob of this white sour cream like stuff and applied directly to my wound. Heaven! The pain was gone! She smiles, "This is the only good part about burns. Watching the relief people feel as soon as apply this 'Flamazine " She applied a light dressing, Dr. B gave me script for it and the patch of second degree burn healed in a couple of weeks with very little scaring. 10/10. I currently have a thrush rash on the tip of my little head. Same result. Pain relief and I expect good healing.”

Squid1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2020

SSD (silver sulfadiazine): “I have been taking Prednisone which caused my skin to become very thin. I easily bruise and any scrape will take a good layer of skin off. I fell and did a good swan dive belly flop on my driveway and skinned my lower left arm. My doctor prescribed SSD for me to put over the bare, bleeding arm instead of my normal antibiotic creams. The SSD not only caused my wound to heal faster than the normal creams, it stopped the itching that usually accompanies the healing process. I did not incur any side effects. I now use it on all of my injuries that include cuts or scrapes.”

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2020

“Was prescribed silver sulfadiazine for second degree burns and dramatically changed recovery time! They healed quickly and there's minimal scarring”

Mel B May 12, 2020

“I just was prescribed this for my 2nd degree burns incurred in a bad ATV crash. The minute I applied it, it instantly cooled the area. No more vaseline or Neosporin: this stuff feels amazing. Have yet to see how it heals but based on the reviews, I'm sure it will work like a charm.”

ana · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine): “Had first, second, and third-degree burns down the entirety of my back and after six days of applying SSD 1% the skin already began to replenish itself. It's now been 2.5 weeks and my back is essentially fully healed with slight discolouration. Miracle cream.”

Spenderr · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine): “My brother gave these creams out like they were party favours lol. He sung it's praises so, that I had to grab one to put in my emergency kit. In the midst of cooking, like a fool I accidentally put my thumb and forefinger on the burner. I don't do well with burns, it's my one vice, that seems to engulf me for 12hrs of brutal pain, whereby I must keep my fingers in a mug of iced water, changing it every few minutes, even falling asleep in that condition. I iced my fingers for 20 minutes, remembered this cream, whacked it on, and the pain immediately disappeared!! All I can say is wow. I didn't know it had numbing ingredients, but it stopped that buuurning pain in a jiffy. A must!!”

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

“I had burned my finger in the oven grabbing a cast iron skillet while having a seizure. I had a 3rd degree burn on my finger and last week I went to my doctor who gave me this cream. As deep as this burn is and the fact it's on my finger which takes a while to heal. It closed right up and all the skin is growing over it in less than a week! I love it.”

Fran · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine): “I had a propane grilling accident and was flashed burned on the face. Nothing crazy, 1st and 2nd degree, maybe a few small areas of 3rd. But this cream is a miracle. I went from looking like a monster to looking like nothing ever happened in 5 days. THIS SHOULD BE OTC!!!”

King Haku · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

“Suffered a second degree burn on my arm due to an incident in a cryotherapy chamber. Arm was completely burned from the elbow to the wrist. Two friends who are nurses (one who is now my GF) got me some SSD cream and it worked wonders. Can barely see a scar.”

Allison · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2019

“Went on a vacation and was out in the sun for a couple hours. Woke up next morning with massive blisters on cheeks forehead, ears, and nose. Went to an Urgent Care nearby. This is the second day I’ve used this and wow. The blister on my ear is completely gone, my blisters on my cheeks and forehead look a lot better... cannot wait to see how I like in a couple days! This product is amazing. I would 100 percent recommend.”

Debo April 5, 2019

“I was in a spa for about 15 minutes.. The evening I was all burned all my body was red and really hot. It's was terrific all that I suffered and after 3 days a doctor gave me the prescription of silverol and I feel much better .”

Kellsbells · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2018

“As I was curling my hair at 400° the curling rod rested directly on my lower wrist/inner forearm area. My skin immediately seared. I used aloe Vera & waited until the next day to go to urgent care. Upon arrival I was told I had a third degree burn and prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine 1%. With in ONE DAY the large, charred & blackened scab had completely sloughed off into my dressing and by day 3 most of it is already closed up pink skin. Only issue was last night it started to get itchy where the skin hasn’t healed yet. I tried to scratch lightly but this morning there was a little blood & pus in the gauze. Changed dressing, re applied cream. Today I’m fine, no itchiness, scabs, or blood. From what I see only healing skin and RESULTS!!! this cream is a god send, should be a staple in everyone’s medicine cabinet. Heals burns in days with minimal pain. 10/10 would recommend.”

Cali girl · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

“Recently got hit by a car while bike riding. Most of the skin on my knees, wrists, palms, and right calf was instantly shaved off. Luckily no broken bones, just severe road rash. The doctors gave me painkillers and ointment. By day five none of the wounds were healing. The deepest graze got infected and the pain was unbearable even with shots of painkillers. I posted my injury and someone mentioned S.S. I went immediately to urgent care and asked for it. That night the pain eased. The very next day, I checked and the infection started healing. Four days in, I can finally see new pink skin around the edges. And the pain is gone. The underlying pain are from the wounds in the creases. This has been a gift from God. Grateful to have it!! GRATEFUL!!!”

toddo · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 31, 2018

“I'm a diabetic, this cream has been wonderful for healing wounds on my feet, which in turn have helped me to keep my toes. I noticed the healing power of the cream daily. Thank you for making this product. Is there an over the counter product with a stronger % of the silver sulfadiazine? ”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2018

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine): “Having suffered a severe friction burn I received Flamazine on prescription after 3 days. The wound was hand size and quite deep, weeping constantly and very sore. The cream was amazing, instantly soothed, made the scabs fall off (bit gross but not painful) and healing well now.”

Dob · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

“Not sure yet...only on drug for a week.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2018

“It was used on my daughter when she was very young, then on my son at the age of 15. Both times it worked wonderfully.”

Jules · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2018

“Got second degree burns on all toes and half way up foot was raw blood red skin laying across his toes, was awful. Long story short after hrs sitting at the ER screaming because they suck they put this cream on my foot wrapped it sent us to columbus. It healed quick no scar at all but it didn't relieve the burn much unless covered with gauze and pads. But it did heal nice. Horrific ordeal though with the foot. I have come to find out mustard works on taking the burn out much better and faster. This cream is great for healing 9 stars cause it didn't take the burn pain out”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2017

“Hot liquid (tomatoes, oil, spices) splashed right onto my cheek as I turned the blender on. Instant second degree superficial burns (blisters) on at least 10 different spots. Was prescribed 1% Silver Sulfadiazine at urgent care. Immediately calmed my skin in a matter of minutes. Every time I applied it, there was a cooling effect. Healed every single blister in 5 days. The blister fluid was resorbed into my body and the top layer turned light brown and eventually sloughed off as I washed my face every morning with Cetaphil soap. 0 scarring, except for one spot that is still pink (5th day today). This was where the skin peeled off as I tried to wash my face. The results are dramatic. Wish this were OTC.”

Media Maniac · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2017

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine): “It's a miracle cream. Husband had grease burns over both hands and within a matter of hours, no blistering or pain.”

Keeska B. · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2017

“Years ago I used this on a burn and it healed within a week. Now I have a ruptured boil (skin infection) that has left a 2"x2" area without skin. The area was still weeping and infected after 10 days of 2 antibiotics so I asked my doctor for Silvadene because of my previous experience. It's been 10 days since I began using Silvadene and ALL infection is now gone, just as I knew it would be. The wound is a little bit smaller than it was and I'll continue to use Silvadene until new skin has grown over and closed the wound.”

Cjack993 · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2017

“Literally, October 1st 2017. I was at work and some dumb electrician started a conveyor line while my hand was inside of the bed trying to readjust a belt. Belt grabbed my left hand, caught it between two rollers and didn't stop rubbing for about 10 seconds. Got my hand free, no skin on top of my hand, knuckles, wrist. Got rushed to the hospital and they explained it was a brush burn and prescribed this to me. Have only used it for 1 day and it has already started healing. The tattoo on my hand doesn't even look messed up at all. The only noticeable thing is the belt lines all over my hand haha.”

Blksand · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2017

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine): “Experienced horrific burns from Radiation treatment for Cancer, so badly that I needed a wound care Nurse ! Several medications did not help, Was given Silvadene Cream by a Nurse. What relief ! no more pain-no raw skin ! completely healed the area.”

Gunnygeek · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2017

“Extraordinarily effective at treating a partial thickness 2nd stage burn over 5% of my body. Kept dead tissue moist and easy to debride. No infection at all. Fresh skin over the entire wound in 3 weeks. It has earned a permanent place in my medicine chest.”