User Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine

Also known as: Silvadene, Silvadene Cream 1%, SSD, SSD AF, Thermazene

Learn more about Silver sulfadiazine.

Burns, External 35 reviews 109 medications

9.8
Summary of Silver sulfadiazine reviews 35 reviews 9.8

Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine

For Burns, External: "Burns???? This is the CROWN JEWEL of neosporin type topicals, i was first given it by a podiatrist when i had an ingrown nail. that same summer i got big by a brown recluse on the foot, and it turned into an ulcer the size of a half dollar. What the doctor gave me did nothing at all. I used some silvadene and honest to god, the ulcer was GONE within 3 days. A couple of nights ago, i stepped into glass accidentally, and pulled a 5 inch sliver out of my foot. If i knew how deep it was i'd had gone to the hospital to have it done, Been using slivadene, lots of it, as i'm a type 1 diabetic and you know what happens to diabetics who get things like this infected. The pain was unberable yesterday, it's almost gone now."

EDWINAMONSOON3939 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

For Burns, External: "Burned myself grabbing the handle of a pan I just retrieved from the oven at 400 degrees -why did it occur to me to reduce the sauce there? :( My Nurse Practioner girlfriend ran to her cabinet and brought this miracle in a tube. I reapplied the cream about 6 times though the night. Woke up with the slightest of discomforts and two tiny little red areas. No blisters, burned skin, etc. Highly recommended."

Lou028 October 12, 2016

For Burns, External: "Heated up a wok of oil for a quick stir fry on a new induction hob. Realised the oil was smoking after only a min so went to pick it up off the heat and as soon as i touched it it burst into flame. I dropped the pan and got boiling oil over the back of one finger. Ran it under cold water for half an hour but the skin was grey and waxy and a massive blister started to form. Long story short, dressed it each day with a load of this on and it healed perfectly in under a week. They thought I might be looking at a skin graft at first, or at least a very nasty scar and a long healing process, but this did an awesome job!"

Burnt finger (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Burns, External: "My son stepped on hot coals some idiot dumped.from a.grill in a public space...2nd n 3rd degree burns on top and bottom of his foot..he was in so much pain..the er put this cream on his foot and with in minutes he had calmed down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

For Burns, External: "Okay because I don't have to give my real name I can be truthful. I was getting into my farm truck on a very hot day, 97 with a heat index of 111. Wearing shorts as I always do I slid right in, in a matter of seconds I knew I was in trouble, you see the black gorilla tape I have on my seat to cover the rips had come lose and proceeded to stick to me making it very difficult to slide out. Needless to say I experienced my very first burn in "that" area, worse than any heat rash I've ever had. Of course I didn't go to the doctor but had this stuff left over from another burn and when it started to blister and I realized I could hardly walk I applied this and it worked great. No embarrassing explanation to the doctor just fast pain relief."

Big dumb country grandpa (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For : "Works well, but I get a bit short of breath after use. I read that it can interact with asthma, any thoughts on this?"

stormy699 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2016

For Burns, External: "I have cellulitus on my left leg. On an eight hour car ride home my legs were swollen. I'm not sure if I hit the shin of my left leg or if due to the tightness from the swelling, I ended up with an ulcer the size of a fifty cent piece. It had gotten infected causing me to go to the doctor. He cleaned the ulcer and put silvadene cream on the wound and then wrapped it. He told me to clean the are with Dial soap, apply the silvadene cream and wrap it. He wanted to see me back in two weeks. If the ulcer was not responding to treatment he was going to send me to the wound clinic. I followed his instructions and when the two weeks were up and I went back he was amazed at the results. The ulcer had healed completely."

ULCER LEG June 13, 2016

For Burns, External: "I was boiling seafood in a 120 quart pot outdoors. When the food was cooked and I grabbed the case and set it on top of the pot ask I always do, the entire pot tipped over due to the stand giving out and all the water came flowing over my ankles amd both feet. 2nd degree burns on both ankles and feet. They gave me a very strong antibiotic. Two capsules four times daily for ten days and this cream. Wow. It is also miracle!! Since then, my sister had major 2nd degree burns (almost third) and she was also given this cream. No scars on either of us. I had never heard of it but since using it, seems everyone knows about it but me lol. They all swear by it and I see why. Amazing treatment!! Very cheap also with my insurance. Three bucks"

Cajun elite (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Burns, External: "I was boiling some water to make tea a Big 5 gallon pot of water and it got dumped off the stove all down my legs luckily my grandmother had a container silver sulfadiazine in the medicine cabinet I grabbed it and rubbed it on my Burns immediately and it didn't leave any scars and to burn completely went away"

Dkorin March 31, 2016

For Burns, External: "I was boiling water to make some tea. And long story short the pot was at the end of the stove I turned around and all the boiling water straight to my whole ankle. Worst pain I've ever been in. 2nd degree burn rushed to the hospital was in pain for about an hour. "Now I know when you get burned run it through cold water 15min " anyways after and hour they put some silver sulfadiazine cream. And the cold cream gave me the biggest relief. I'm going on 3 weeks applying it twice a day. And my skin is beginning to grow the new layer of skin. I'm impressed to say this cream does wonders"

zai7447 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Burns, External: "I was given this cream to use on my face. I had an awful breakout on my skin and decided to scrub the crap out of one pimple with a washcloth.. It got much worse from this and turned into a very infected sore/burn. It went on for a week before I was given silvadene.. Put it on my face at night and woke up in the morning with almost completely new skin in the affected area. This is my second night putting it on and I'm really looking forward to morning! I think it'll be all gone. This stuff is witchcraft."

Conado5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

For Burns, External: "I was just coming from the hospital from being seen for a severe viral infection in my chest that had been going around. My throat was hurting so my mom pulled into a drive thru n got me a hot tea. Only they didn't put the tea bag in the cup of hot water. My mom pulled over and as I'm trying to get the tea bag out the cup spills on my lap. 2nd degree burns on my thigh. My mom urged me to go back to the hospital because it blistered up so fast but I refused. I just wanted to treat it with antibiotic ointment n cover it with gauze so I could pull my pants back up. The next day after work I noticed it looking worse so I went to urgent care and they prescribed me this miracle cream :-) just one day and its healing sooo fast!"

very pleased December 13, 2015

For Burns, External: "I was prescribed SSD a few years ago for a second degree burn and thought it worked OK. It hurt for a very long time. I recently wound up with a larger second degree burn and was prescribed a honey product made from a certain type of bee that has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. While it seemed strange at the time, the honey worked twice as fast, the pain was greatly reduced, and it costed about 1/4th of SSD. According to my doctor, SSD is inferior burn care and I have to agree."

Btghk (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "Received bad second degree burns on both forearms from an accident working near a pizza oven. Was prescribed this miracle cream and my burns healed without a trace of any lasting scars. It's been about fifteen years, and I still can't tell exactly where I was burned!"

Ktk777 September 20, 2015

For Burns, External: "It is wonderful! I burned my left hand and my stomach with boiling water and it was really painful but applying Silver Sulfadiazine cream on the burned areas subsided the pain and healed it quickly. I had been prescribed to apply the cream twice a day"

Matt.B (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

For Burns, External: "I have second degree burns from a fire, covering about 10 inches on my leg. I was treating it with neosporin and bacitracin, but it didn't seem to be healing. My leg looked like soggy raw bacon that had been festering in a sewer. 3 days after using the silver silfiadiazine, the terrible burns healed over and started peeling and fresh, healthy skin appeared. This stuff is a godsend."

zulu59 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015

Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "I had Necritizing fasciitis before it was even being diagnosed, late 1990-early 1991. After two weeks of fighting it at home (yes, I know, but nurses are incredibly resistant to being hospitalized), I finally went to the ER. They admitted me, of course, and threw every antibiotic they had at it without any improvement. From the first day, they insisted I had burned the leg and I insisted that I had NOT burned it. After two weeks of multiple IV antibiotics with little if any response, one of the docs walked into the room and said that even though I insisted I had not burned it, he was going to treat it like a burn and that he was ordering silvadene. Four days later my leg had improved enough to go home."

Retired RN August 10, 2015

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "I had used this before about 5 years ago when I picked up a lawn mower and brunt my hand on the hidden exhaust in the front. 2 nd degree burn in the entire palm of my hand. Healed like Christ himself returned and healed it. Therefore, last week when I took the Harley out for a quick run to the store, while parking it my leg hit the pipes! (my other 2 bikes that I ride regularly don't have the same pipe structure and are impossible to lean our leg on them as there's no cross over pipe to burn yourself on) I didn't even panic, I called the doctor, asked for this cream, he prescribed 5 big tubes and in 45 min I was feeling no sting and applied it on thick. its been five days and the burns are healing well and I expect no scar as before."

JT-PGH PA (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "I wish this would go over the counter already. This stuff works great. Whether I get burnt from a flat iron or curling iron or even a bad sun burn this stuff works great! Had some left over after my daughter slipped on the deck and hit her shoulder against the BBQ. I tried neosporin for a couple days and nothing. Dr rx'd SSD cream her burn was gone the next day!"

Ama760 June 8, 2015

For Burns, External: "My husband is Military and one of the Corpsman had some of this Silvadene cream available and gave it to him since I am going through a tattoo removal process. This has shortened my healing time exponentially! Not to mention the fact that it has taken the heat out of the burn as well as calmed the skin enough for the blisters to be re absorbed into the healing surrounding tissue. I only wish it were available OTC because I'm almost out!"

DS76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

For Burns, External: "I received a chemical burn from trying a home care for inner thigh bleaching. To make a long story short i my doctor took a look the next day and was shocked with the fleshy skin and a gyno recommended for me to use this stuff. I wasn't able to walk for a week because of the burns and my doctor believed it would have been longer if it wasn't for this cream. Great for burns even in sensitive areas."

adyM (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Burns, External: "Was treated for precancerous cells on my chest with Picato, a topical chemotherapy cream that is used for two days. I almost immediately developed a severe reaction where my skin blistered and then began to slide off leaving huge oozing wounds. I cannot describe the pain which, in turn, caused horrible headaches and nausea. Because of the location of the injury I was unable to even wear a shirt. After 3 1/2 days of misery I applied silvadeen and had relief right away. I could actually breathe again. Since I just did this I am not sure of the outcome but for now I am very thankful."

TammyDawn13 (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2015

For Burns, External: "I received a deep steam burn on my hand when removing something from the microwave. I tried dipping it in ice water, and as long as it was in there it felt better, but every time I removed it the pain and throbbing returned quickly. I decided to go to the emergency room. They put some silver sulfadiazine on it, dressed it, and gave me the rest of the small jar to take home, along with instructions for dressing the burn for the next few days. In about 15 minutes the pain was gone AND IT NEVER CAME BACK! I still keep some on hand - just in case. I think the cream is indicated for infection, not pain, but for me and everyone who I've recommended it to, it works GREAT on the pain of a burn."

nanyk January 6, 2015

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "This is just great for burns. I am a firefighter, got some small 2nd degree burns. Even though I was completely covered in my protective gear, I still got the burns from an intense wave of black smoke. It takes a lot to burn through the gear. Well anyway, I ended up being sent to the hospital per chief's orders and do not regret it because they put this cream on and it instantly made the stinging pain in my ear go from about 4 out of 10 to a 1. It seems these burns are healing ultra quick and there is little pain associated. No doubt in my mind that this cream works wonders, I am thrilled they gave me a full tube and a refill, I probably won't need more than 1/4 the tube, so it will be nice to have around."

FF_RP (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2014

Silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "I had a small tattoo above my ankle that I had ab 5 laser treatments to remove, the process bursts the inks color molecules, those will, during your lifetime disperse throughout ones cells trying to be absorbed, among other things. The process left me with an "id" reaction and I've developed skin allergies to certain topical ointments such as "Neosporin" or Bactracin. I use Silvadene now in place of any antibacterial ointments, for all cuts, abrasions, wounds and it works perfectly."

DannaBShel March 9, 2014