User Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine topical

Burns, External
9.8

Summary of Silver sulfadiazine reviews 9.7 55 reviews

Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine

For Burns, External: "As I was curling my hair at 400° the curling rod rested directly on my lower wrist/inner forearm area. My skin immediately seared. I used aloe Vera & waited until the next day to go to urgent care. Upon arrival I was told I had a third degree burn and prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine 1%. With in ONE DAY the large, charred & blackened scab had completely sloughed off into my dressing and by day 3 most of it is already closed up pink skin. Only issue was last night it started to get itchy where the skin hasn’t healed yet. I tried to scratch lightly but this morning there was a little blood & pus in the gauze. Changed dressing, re applied cream. Today I’m fine, no itchiness, scabs, or blood. From what I see only healing skin and RESULTS!!! this cream is a god send, should be a staple in everyone’s medicine cabinet. Heals burns in days with minimal pain. 10/10 would recommend."

Kellsbells (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Burns, External: "Recently got hit by a car while bike riding. Most of the skin on my knees, wrists, palms, and right calf was instantly shaved off. Luckily no broken bones, just severe road rash. The doctors gave me painkillers and ointment. By day five none of the wounds were healing. The deepest graze got infected and the pain was unbearable even with shots of painkillers. I posted my injury and someone mentioned S.S. I went immediately to urgent care and asked for it. That night the pain eased. The very next day, I checked and the infection started healing. Four days in, I can finally see new pink skin around the edges. And the pain is gone. The underlying pain are from the wounds in the creases. This has been a gift from God. Grateful to have it!! GRATEFUL!!!"

Cali girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Burns, External: "I'm a diabetic, this cream has been wonderful for healing wounds on my feet, which in turn have helped me to keep my toes. I noticed the healing power of the cream daily. Thank you for making this product. Is there an over the counter product with a stronger % of the silver sulfadiazine? "

toddo (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 31, 2018

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "Having suffered a severe friction burn I received Flamazine on prescription after 3 days. The wound was hand size and quite deep, weeping constantly and very sore. The cream was amazing, instantly soothed, made the scabs fall off (bit gross but not painful) and healing well now."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Burns, External: "Not sure yet...only on drug for a week."

Dob (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Burns, External: "It was used on my daughter when she was very young, then on my son at the age of 15. Both times it worked wonderfully."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

For Burns, External: "Got second degree burns on all toes and half way up foot was raw blood red skin laying across his toes, was awful. Long story short after hrs sitting at the ER screaming because they suck they put this cream on my foot wrapped it sent us to columbus. It healed quick no scar at all but it didn't relieve the burn much unless covered with gauze and pads. But it did heal nice. Horrific ordeal though with the foot. I have come to find out mustard works on taking the burn out much better and faster. This cream is great for healing 9 stars cause it didn't take the burn pain out"

Jules (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Burns, External: "Hot liquid (tomatoes, oil, spices) splashed right onto my cheek as I turned the blender on. Instant second degree superficial burns (blisters) on at least 10 different spots. Was prescribed 1% Silver Sulfadiazine at urgent care. Immediately calmed my skin in a matter of minutes. Every time I applied it, there was a cooling effect. Healed every single blister in 5 days. The blister fluid was resorbed into my body and the top layer turned light brown and eventually sloughed off as I washed my face every morning with Cetaphil soap. 0 scarring, except for one spot that is still pink (5th day today). This was where the skin peeled off as I tried to wash my face. The results are dramatic. Wish this were OTC."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "It's a miracle cream. Husband had grease burns over both hands and within a matter of hours, no blistering or pain."

Media Maniac (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

For Burns, External: "Years ago I used this on a burn and it healed within a week. Now I have a ruptured boil (skin infection) that has left a 2"x2" area without skin. The area was still weeping and infected after 10 days of 2 antibiotics so I asked my doctor for Silvadene because of my previous experience. It's been 10 days since I began using Silvadene and ALL infection is now gone, just as I knew it would be. The wound is a little bit smaller than it was and I'll continue to use Silvadene until new skin has grown over and closed the wound."

Keeska B. (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

For Burns, External: "Literally, October 1st 2017. I was at work and some dumb electrician started a conveyor line while my hand was inside of the bed trying to readjust a belt. Belt grabbed my left hand, caught it between two rollers and didn't stop rubbing for about 10 seconds. Got my hand free, no skin on top of my hand, knuckles, wrist. Got rushed to the hospital and they explained it was a brush burn and prescribed this to me. Have only used it for 1 day and it has already started healing. The tattoo on my hand doesn't even look messed up at all. The only noticeable thing is the belt lines all over my hand haha."

Cjack993 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "Experienced horrific burns from Radiation treatment for Cancer, so badly that I needed a wound care Nurse ! Several medications did not help, Was given Silvadene Cream by a Nurse. What relief ! no more pain-no raw skin ! completely healed the area."

Blksand (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

For Burns, External: "Extraordinarily effective at treating a partial thickness 2nd stage burn over 5% of my body. Kept dead tissue moist and easy to debride. No infection at all. Fresh skin over the entire wound in 3 weeks. It has earned a permanent place in my medicine chest."

Gunnygeek (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

For Burns, External: "I had a 2nd degree burn (blister started to build) on my finger and got treated with this miracle cream the same day by my doctor. One day after you couldn't event tell that there was a burn at all!! I highly recommend this."

Sandra G. July 18, 2017

For Burns, External: "This is a miracle cream works instantly. I spilled boiling water on both hands and it instantly relieved the pain and redness on my skin. I love this cream heals the skin and helps reduce scarring. After the pink skin it went back to normal no scar."

Anonymous June 16, 2017

For Burns, External: "I've used this cream twice for 2 separate yet equally awful household accidents. 1 involved slamming my hand into a lit charcoal grill when the porch board I was standing in broke out from under my right leg, and most recently after I fell leaving a relative's home, gashing my knee and flaying off layer of skin. Both times, I was rx'ed Silvadene. Scars from the 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my right arm aren't even visible. Doctors were planning skin grafts, but my healing was so impressive that they weren't necessary. Last night, a week from my latest accident, I removed the bandage from my knee from my nightly application, and the scab that had grown over the injury was completely gone, with new, pink beautiful skin in its place. AMAZING!"

Marissabeth73 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "This was prescribed by my son's pediatrician for diaper rash. Let me tell you, there is nothing that soothed or cleared it faster. Took less then 24 and his rash was gone. Also used on burns...Amazing!"

NanciC (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2017

For Burns, External: "I use this miracle cream for any kind of household burn. I'm kind of clumsy and I often burn myself on the bbq grill or oven. It heals burns, even bad ones, within a few minutes. Sometimes, I can't even tell that I was burned at all. I friend of mine accidentally spilled hot oil on his hand. The damage was pretty bad and he was in a lot of pain. I gave him my tube of "silvadene" cream and he used it for 1 day. When I saw him a day after that, you couldn't even tell he'd been burned. He couldn't believe how well it worked. He made a doctor appointment immediately to get a prescription for his own tube to have on hand. Every single human being should have some of this in their medicine cabinet."

Nickname schnickname February 23, 2017

For Burns, External: "I keep the jar in the refrigerator . The cold medicine feels so good on kitchen burns and takes the pain away instantly...I was given a prescription for this medicine after 2ND and3rd degree burns to my face , chest, and legs.. I healed completely.. I'm the only one that can see my scars."

Lori j. January 12, 2017

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "2nd degree burns on large areas, 3 weeks later you can hardly tell I was injured, almost made me look like a liar lol.. wish I had known about this amazing cream on previous accidents XD Neosporin can't touch this imo"

Ververv December 5, 2016

For Burns, External: "Burns???? This is the CROWN JEWEL of neosporin type topicals, i was first given it by a podiatrist when i had an ingrown nail. that same summer i got big by a brown recluse on the foot, and it turned into an ulcer the size of a half dollar. What the doctor gave me did nothing at all. I used some silvadene and honest to god, the ulcer was GONE within 3 days. A couple of nights ago, i stepped into glass accidentally, and pulled a 5 inch sliver out of my foot. If i knew how deep it was i'd had gone to the hospital to have it done, Been using slivadene, lots of it, as i'm a type 1 diabetic and you know what happens to diabetics who get things like this infected. The pain was unberable yesterday, it's almost gone now."

EDWINAMONSOON3939 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

For Burns, External: "Burned myself grabbing the handle of a pan I just retrieved from the oven at 400 degrees -why did it occur to me to reduce the sauce there? :( My Nurse Practioner girlfriend ran to her cabinet and brought this miracle in a tube. I reapplied the cream about 6 times though the night. Woke up with the slightest of discomforts and two tiny little red areas. No blisters, burned skin, etc. Highly recommended."

Lou028 October 12, 2016

For Burns, External: "Heated up a wok of oil for a quick stir fry on a new induction hob. Realised the oil was smoking after only a min so went to pick it up off the heat and as soon as i touched it it burst into flame. I dropped the pan and got boiling oil over the back of one finger. Ran it under cold water for half an hour but the skin was grey and waxy and a massive blister started to form. Long story short, dressed it each day with a load of this on and it healed perfectly in under a week. They thought I might be looking at a skin graft at first, or at least a very nasty scar and a long healing process, but this did an awesome job!"

Burnt finger (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Burns, External: "My son stepped on hot coals some idiot dumped.from a.grill in a public space...2nd n 3rd degree burns on top and bottom of his foot..he was in so much pain..the er put this cream on his foot and with in minutes he had calmed down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

For Burns, External: "Okay because I don't have to give my real name I can be truthful. I was getting into my farm truck on a very hot day, 97 with a heat index of 111. Wearing shorts as I always do I slid right in, in a matter of seconds I knew I was in trouble, you see the black gorilla tape I have on my seat to cover the rips had come lose and proceeded to stick to me making it very difficult to slide out. Needless to say I experienced my very first burn in "that" area, worse than any heat rash I've ever had. Of course I didn't go to the doctor but had this stuff left over from another burn and when it started to blister and I realized I could hardly walk I applied this and it worked great. No embarrassing explanation to the doctor just fast pain relief."

Big dumb country grandpa (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016