User Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine

Also known as: Silvadene, Silvadene Cream 1%, SSD, SSD AF, Thermazene

Learn more about Silver sulfadiazine.

Burns, External 44 reviews 99 medications

9.8
Summary of Silver sulfadiazine reviews 44 reviews 9.8

Reviews for Silver sulfadiazine

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "Experienced horrific burns from Radiation treatment for Cancer, so badly that I needed a wound care Nurse ! Several medications did not help, Was given Silvadene Cream by a Nurse. What relief ! no more pain-no raw skin ! completely healed the area."

Blksand (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "Extraordinarily effective at treating a partial thickness 2nd stage burn over 5% of my body. Kept dead tissue moist and easy to debride. No infection at all. Fresh skin over the entire wound in 3 weeks. It has earned a permanent place in my medicine chest."

Gunnygeek (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I had a 2nd degree burn (blister started to build) on my finger and got treated with this miracle cream the same day by my doctor. One day after you couldn't event tell that there was a burn at all!! I highly recommend this."

Sandra G. July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "This is a miracle cream works instantly. I spilled boiling water on both hands and it instantly relieved the pain and redness on my skin. I love this cream heals the skin and helps reduce scarring. After the pink skin it went back to normal no scar."

Anonymous June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I've used this cream twice for 2 separate yet equally awful household accidents. 1 involved slamming my hand into a lit charcoal grill when the porch board I was standing in broke out from under my right leg, and most recently after I fell leaving a relative's home, gashing my knee and flaying off layer of skin. Both times, I was rx'ed Silvadene. Scars from the 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my right arm aren't even visible. Doctors were planning skin grafts, but my healing was so impressive that they weren't necessary. Last night, a week from my latest accident, I removed the bandage from my knee from my nightly application, and the scab that had grown over the injury was completely gone, with new, pink beautiful skin in its place. AMAZING!"

Marissabeth73 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "This was prescribed by my son's pediatrician for diaper rash. Let me tell you, there is nothing that soothed or cleared it faster. Took less then 24 and his rash was gone. Also used on burns...Amazing!"

NanciC (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I use this miracle cream for any kind of household burn. I'm kind of clumsy and I often burn myself on the bbq grill or oven. It heals burns, even bad ones, within a few minutes. Sometimes, I can't even tell that I was burned at all. I friend of mine accidentally spilled hot oil on his hand. The damage was pretty bad and he was in a lot of pain. I gave him my tube of "silvadene" cream and he used it for 1 day. When I saw him a day after that, you couldn't even tell he'd been burned. He couldn't believe how well it worked. He made a doctor appointment immediately to get a prescription for his own tube to have on hand. Every single human being should have some of this in their medicine cabinet."

Nickname schnickname February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I keep the jar in the refrigerator . The cold medicine feels so good on kitchen burns and takes the pain away instantly...I was given a prescription for this medicine after 2ND and3rd degree burns to my face , chest, and legs.. I healed completely.. I'm the only one that can see my scars."

Lori j. January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "2nd degree burns on large areas, 3 weeks later you can hardly tell I was injured, almost made me look like a liar lol.. wish I had known about this amazing cream on previous accidents XD Neosporin can't touch this imo"

Ververv December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "Burns???? This is the CROWN JEWEL of neosporin type topicals, i was first given it by a podiatrist when i had an ingrown nail. that same summer i got big by a brown recluse on the foot, and it turned into an ulcer the size of a half dollar. What the doctor gave me did nothing at all. I used some silvadene and honest to god, the ulcer was GONE within 3 days. A couple of nights ago, i stepped into glass accidentally, and pulled a 5 inch sliver out of my foot. If i knew how deep it was i'd had gone to the hospital to have it done, Been using slivadene, lots of it, as i'm a type 1 diabetic and you know what happens to diabetics who get things like this infected. The pain was unberable yesterday, it's almost gone now."

EDWINAMONSOON3939 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "Burned myself grabbing the handle of a pan I just retrieved from the oven at 400 degrees -why did it occur to me to reduce the sauce there? :( My Nurse Practioner girlfriend ran to her cabinet and brought this miracle in a tube. I reapplied the cream about 6 times though the night. Woke up with the slightest of discomforts and two tiny little red areas. No blisters, burned skin, etc. Highly recommended."

Lou028 October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "Heated up a wok of oil for a quick stir fry on a new induction hob. Realised the oil was smoking after only a min so went to pick it up off the heat and as soon as i touched it it burst into flame. I dropped the pan and got boiling oil over the back of one finger. Ran it under cold water for half an hour but the skin was grey and waxy and a massive blister started to form. Long story short, dressed it each day with a load of this on and it healed perfectly in under a week. They thought I might be looking at a skin graft at first, or at least a very nasty scar and a long healing process, but this did an awesome job!"

Burnt finger (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "My son stepped on hot coals some idiot dumped.from a.grill in a public space...2nd n 3rd degree burns on top and bottom of his foot..he was in so much pain..the er put this cream on his foot and with in minutes he had calmed down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "Okay because I don't have to give my real name I can be truthful. I was getting into my farm truck on a very hot day, 97 with a heat index of 111. Wearing shorts as I always do I slid right in, in a matter of seconds I knew I was in trouble, you see the black gorilla tape I have on my seat to cover the rips had come lose and proceeded to stick to me making it very difficult to slide out. Needless to say I experienced my very first burn in "that" area, worse than any heat rash I've ever had. Of course I didn't go to the doctor but had this stuff left over from another burn and when it started to blister and I realized I could hardly walk I applied this and it worked great. No embarrassing explanation to the doctor just fast pain relief."

Big dumb country grandpa (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Works well, but I get a bit short of breath after use. I read that it can interact with asthma, any thoughts on this?"

stormy699 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I have cellulitus on my left leg. On an eight hour car ride home my legs were swollen. I'm not sure if I hit the shin of my left leg or if due to the tightness from the swelling, I ended up with an ulcer the size of a fifty cent piece. It had gotten infected causing me to go to the doctor. He cleaned the ulcer and put silvadene cream on the wound and then wrapped it. He told me to clean the are with Dial soap, apply the silvadene cream and wrap it. He wanted to see me back in two weeks. If the ulcer was not responding to treatment he was going to send me to the wound clinic. I followed his instructions and when the two weeks were up and I went back he was amazed at the results. The ulcer had healed completely."

ULCER LEG June 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I was boiling seafood in a 120 quart pot outdoors. When the food was cooked and I grabbed the case and set it on top of the pot ask I always do, the entire pot tipped over due to the stand giving out and all the water came flowing over my ankles amd both feet. 2nd degree burns on both ankles and feet. They gave me a very strong antibiotic. Two capsules four times daily for ten days and this cream. Wow. It is also miracle!! Since then, my sister had major 2nd degree burns (almost third) and she was also given this cream. No scars on either of us. I had never heard of it but since using it, seems everyone knows about it but me lol. They all swear by it and I see why. Amazing treatment!! Very cheap also with my insurance. Three bucks"

Cajun elite (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I was boiling some water to make tea a Big 5 gallon pot of water and it got dumped off the stove all down my legs luckily my grandmother had a container silver sulfadiazine in the medicine cabinet I grabbed it and rubbed it on my Burns immediately and it didn't leave any scars and to burn completely went away"

Dkorin March 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I was boiling water to make some tea. And long story short the pot was at the end of the stove I turned around and all the boiling water straight to my whole ankle. Worst pain I've ever been in. 2nd degree burn rushed to the hospital was in pain for about an hour. "Now I know when you get burned run it through cold water 15min " anyways after and hour they put some silver sulfadiazine cream. And the cold cream gave me the biggest relief. I'm going on 3 weeks applying it twice a day. And my skin is beginning to grow the new layer of skin. I'm impressed to say this cream does wonders"

zai7447 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I was given this cream to use on my face. I had an awful breakout on my skin and decided to scrub the crap out of one pimple with a washcloth.. It got much worse from this and turned into a very infected sore/burn. It went on for a week before I was given silvadene.. Put it on my face at night and woke up in the morning with almost completely new skin in the affected area. This is my second night putting it on and I'm really looking forward to morning! I think it'll be all gone. This stuff is witchcraft."

Conado5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I was just coming from the hospital from being seen for a severe viral infection in my chest that had been going around. My throat was hurting so my mom pulled into a drive thru n got me a hot tea. Only they didn't put the tea bag in the cup of hot water. My mom pulled over and as I'm trying to get the tea bag out the cup spills on my lap. 2nd degree burns on my thigh. My mom urged me to go back to the hospital because it blistered up so fast but I refused. I just wanted to treat it with antibiotic ointment n cover it with gauze so I could pull my pants back up. The next day after work I noticed it looking worse so I went to urgent care and they prescribed me this miracle cream :-) just one day and its healing sooo fast!"

very pleased December 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I was prescribed SSD a few years ago for a second degree burn and thought it worked OK. It hurt for a very long time. I recently wound up with a larger second degree burn and was prescribed a honey product made from a certain type of bee that has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. While it seemed strange at the time, the honey worked twice as fast, the pain was greatly reduced, and it costed about 1/4th of SSD. According to my doctor, SSD is inferior burn care and I have to agree."

Btghk (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) for Burns, External: "Received bad second degree burns on both forearms from an accident working near a pizza oven. Was prescribed this miracle cream and my burns healed without a trace of any lasting scars. It's been about fifteen years, and I still can't tell exactly where I was burned!"

Ktk777 September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "It is wonderful! I burned my left hand and my stomach with boiling water and it was really painful but applying Silver Sulfadiazine cream on the burned areas subsided the pain and healed it quickly. I had been prescribed to apply the cream twice a day"

Matt.B (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burns, External: "I have second degree burns from a fire, covering about 10 inches on my leg. I was treating it with neosporin and bacitracin, but it didn't seem to be healing. My leg looked like soggy raw bacon that had been festering in a sewer. 3 days after using the silver silfiadiazine, the terrible burns healed over and started peeling and fresh, healthy skin appeared. This stuff is a godsend."

zulu59 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015