User Reviews for Silodosin

Also known as: Rapaflo

Learn more about Silodosin.

Silodosin Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Silodosin to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

"I was facing difficulties in urination. Every 15 min there is urge of urination but only little urine passes. All reports were normal. Still my docter advised me to take silodocin and levofloxacin. Now my experience - both medicine have very bad side effects especially silodocin. The main side effect is retrograde ejaculation I have taken only 2 dose of both I don't know about the side effect of medicine so I was really very scared. After discontinuation silodocin it took 36 hour to go away retrograde ejaculation. "

Honey2784 July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Decreased or non-existent semen flow"

Tio Joseph May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was having very frequent urination and some discomfort in my kidneys so I consulted the urologist, he diagnosed me with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and no problem in kidneys and prescribed silodal 8 (silodosin capsules 8mg ). After few days the frequency of urination reduced however I am experiencing Retrograde Ejaculation and not a single drop of semen is released during sex. I am quite scared and concerned about the impact of his drug on my fertility. I am stopping this medicine immediately. I want this serious side effect to be mentioned on the medicine in bold and should be told to all patients who visit the doctor and prescribed with this drug."

Peterj2017 April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Best drug out there for improvement in stream. Worst drug out there for retrograde ejaculation and orgasm buzz killer."

Frequent bathroom visitor April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Put on silodosin for decreased urine flow. After four days on the meds I came but didn't ejaculate. Not taking it anymore. I wasn't told it was a side effect, scared the life out if me tbh. Fortunately my wife is medically qualified and researched the side effects."

Irish guy too February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "BPH, 2 acute urinary retention episodes in less than a month. Started with Avodart (0.5 mg) daily (in the morning) and Rapaflo (4 mg, before going to sleep). This combination seems to be working for me after 3 weeks (no waking up at night to pee, no urgency). Avodart shrinks the prostate (it may take up to 6 month to see improvement) and Rapaflo relaxes the prostate gland and the bladder's neck to make it easy to urinate. Rapaflo also gives me very strong erections (not sure why) and I do have retro ejaculation but I prefer that to the inconvenience of having a catheter in which can also cause UTI. Every man's prostate is different. Just keep trying to find the right pill for you."

Larr123 February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "52 hrs old, I started taking Flomax for BPH. It completely blocked my sinus. So I asked for something different. My urologist prescribed Rapaflo, but they blocked sinus was even worse and it cost me 260.00 for 30 pills! Horrible medicine! Avoid at all costs."

cmb1991882 February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "The retrograde ejaculation (no semen) and decreased libido are not worth the benefits for sexually active men. If these side effects are of no concern then try it but I hated it."

GatorBoy (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "I have just read through most of the comments here and find them accurate about the side-effects: no ejaculate while on it, but stopping the drug ends that problem after a little while. I had a procedure called Urolift where my urologist (with local anesthesia) inserted 4 tiny devices that open up the urethra (like shoring up a tunnel) to create more flow. During the operation in his office and while awake, one of the little clips didn't attach fully and when I urinated a few days later it came out (OUCH). After that no more pain from it traveling out but lots of bloody urine for a few days. Bottom line: the procedure worked out well even with three of them implanted. It has been a year and just had bladder infection cured with Cipro."

Richard Nickooloas February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "For me it works well, with some caveats. Take it for too long and it's effectiveness wanes around the 2 week mark. However, when you go back it works in full force again. I also noticed it was not needed EVERY day either, skipping days worked pretty well too... the second day just had a much lesser effect but still there. Sexual effects? YUP! No ejaculate, reduced drive. All that. This is not a big deal to me. I am 50 and my wife works the opposite shift from me during the week so sex isn't happening anyway. When you stop taking them, 24-30 hrs later your back to normal. So I just typically take them on weekDAYS and deal with poor urine flow on day when sex is a possibility."

Ender67 December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 35yrs old and went for a cystoscopy a week ago. This was due to weak urination, urgency to go to the loo and not completely emptying my bladder. This was for +/- 4 years. it was only until this year that it got worse..hard to pee. After two days in hospital, I was prescribed Silodosin. The first two nights it made me pee every hour. With hardly any sleep, I consulted the doctor and he told me to change to taking it at daytime. Then the side effects kicked in..i felt dizzy, pain in lower back, chest congestion, first constipation and later diarrhea. I know this may sound like way too much...however i never had this issues before. Its making it really difficult to live a normal life. I just want to know if anyone else has similar issues?"

Dbnite-wp (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "After many months I lost my entire sex drive, had hair loss, very rapid heart beats, shortness of breath, all over muscle weakness, sick to my stomach and rapid weight loss and loss of balance I had to stop driving! I caution anyone about how the benefits out way the risks! In will never take this ever again!"

1designer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Within 1 hour of first dose, I, like many others on this thread, had no ejaculate. None. It was pretty disconcerting to say the least. As far as the BPH goes, it worked. I just can't justify taking something that ruins sex, no matter what the reason."

babyGsus (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "I have BPH and wish to avoid TURP surgery. My urologist did ultrascans, CT scans, nuclear renal scans, etc. I have urine retention and that has led to one kidney having swelling. He ordered intermediate cathing. Have been doing that for 2 months now. My bladder is voiding to 0 and retention is capped at 300-350 cc. More scans indicate my kidneys are doing fine now. I started Rapaflo with Finasteride before cathing. It did not help void my bladder. So we moved to cathing. I have no urge to pee unless my bladder has over 400 cc. So Rapaflo/finasteride does not seem to be working. I do have retrograde ejaculation. Surely, Rapaflo is causing it. Urologist says keeping taking R+F as it might take time. Meanwhile int cathing is the plan."

DougInLaguna September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Started Rapaflo last year and found it extremely effective in improving my urine flow and trips to the bathroom. I took in the AM but pharmacist suggested I take at bed time. Taking it at night left me tossing and turning from lack of sleep. After a few nights with very little sleep I changed back to taking in the AM and my normal sleep returned. My biggest problem was a total lack of orgasm, no climax and no ejaclulate at all. I found by taking the drug every 3 days I was still able to increase my urine flow and still have orgasm and ejaculate. Now my biggest problem is no coverage under my health insurance. They want me to take a bunch of old drugs that give you big breasts and no erections. Blah to that. I'll pay the $215 for 30 caps"

AZWilliam (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "40 yrs old. Had testicular cancer at 30, left testi removed. About 2 years after I started having pain in between my scotum and rectum. Was diagnosed with prostatitis , doc put me on rapaflo. Said it could take up to 3 weeks for it to start to work. First thing I noticed with in 24 hrs was retrograde ejaculation.. Vary concerning at first then I read into side effects.. (Thanks doc for not giving any heads up). It took me about 3 days befor my pain was lessened..and about 2 weeks befor it was almost gone. Now I can get away without taking it for 3-5 days befor I start getting sore...but it's a catch 22 since the timing for me to have a normal ejaculation is about 3-4 days off the meds. 3-4 days of use is not enough time for it to work prop."

Whatwhatinduhbutt August 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "59 yo male. Frequent night urination not able to void the bladder completely. Doc put me on Rapaflo and the symptoms vanished within 48 hours. Able to orgasm but not ejaculate. Climax not as strong."

Picnic August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Fifty-nine year old. Have taken Rapaflo for several years. Diagnosed with BPH. I was warned about the lack of ejaculate. I was still able to orgasm. Then I developed problems with orgasm. My urologist said it was either low testosterone levels or psychlogical issues. He said the Rapaflo was not causing the problem. My prescription plan sent out a letter stating that the cost of Rapaflo would increase dramatically. I talked to my urologist and he prescribed the generic Tamsulosin( brand namd Flomax). I get three months supply at a time. I finished out my Rapaflo. Then I started taking the Tamsulosin. The return to orgasm and ejaculation was not immediate, but I and the woman in my life are very estatic with our sex life now."

KD. July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "I have been getting up 3-4 times every night and finally decided to try medication again. (previously tried Flomax which did nothing for me) Rapaflo, after 4 days gave me only a headache, diarrhea and at best a 20% flow increase. I still got up several times during the night, maybe one less time than previous. The side effects and miniscule benefit made it a no-brainer to stop taking this useless medication. A waste of $78."

Flash99 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I tried Hytrin,Flomax then Hytrin again then I tried Silodyx which works well except that no semen is ejaculated- sex is normal with shorter orgasms - it's totally unmessy so my wife is happy!"

Rob Boutelje June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "In 2009 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. 2 tumors. Underwent 42 treatments of radiation. My choice over surgery. Had 2 shots of Lu pron 6 months apart to kill the testosterone and help the radiation do the job. Cancer gone and PSA tests less than 1 ever since. Started taking Rapaflo 8mg every night and it helped me sleep at least 3 or 4 hours without having to get up to the bathroom so often. I think the radiation hurt my bladder and the result was frequent urination. Anyway to the point. The Rapaflo works but I cannot experience a normal ejaculation. But when I quit taking the Rapaflo for a week or more I can with ext ream pain, both from the penis and the area of the prostate. It is a burning sensation. Have tried twice."

spanky1962 June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Probably the worst medication I've ever taken. It had very little effect on my prostate but gave me swollen sinuses, blurry vision, fatigue, muscular weakness, retrograde ejaculation and no ejaculation."

D. Holmes June 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Immediate relief. Seems to be very long acting ... I was prescribed Rapaflo 8mg once daily but seem to need once WEEKY .... I quickly know that once urine flow becomes a problem ...it's time to take the medication."

RickHan May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"40 y/o male diagnosed with Bladder Outlet Obstruction. The doctor put me on Rapaflo as a last medication effort for bladder retention. The number of time I have to go during the day has went from 7 to 3-4 times a day. Flow is unbelievably better. Like the other reviews have said the main drawback is the retrograde ejaculation. The strange thing is it comes and goes depending on the time of day."

BA75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rapaflo (silodosin): "Really not sure why my urologist gave me samples of this drug since my prostate was normal for my age and my PSA was normal. I was not having issues peeing just some discomfort. Anyway, I tried the pills for four days. Nothing changed because I was still up 2-3 times per night like I have for years. But.....the side effects were immediate. Stuffy head, headaches and no ejaculate. Not a drop. Freaked me out. Erection was not as strong and the "climax" took longer to reach and was literally a split second. If you still enjoy sex steer clear of this drug. I'm am stopping immediately and will not return to that doctor. As far as I'm concerned I paid $200 for nothing ."

John Babbitt (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016