User Reviews for Sibutramine to treat Obesity (Page 3)

Sibutramine Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Sibutramine

dani1971 October 18, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I was on this 8 years ago and lost 30 pounds in 6 months - loved it! Didn't crave anything, never over ate - would eat half my food and feel good about not cleaning my plate. My mood was great too! Then it stopped working. I've tried to go back on it a couple of times and never felt like the first time. I've gain the weight back and more and thinking about trying it again. Just checking this site cause I never hear anything about it anymore. I know it's pricey but I figure if it works think how much I'm saving on over eating!”

KASEY001 October 13, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “Not working for me.”

obesseme October 6, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “Excellent, just do not take at night time.”

Anonymous October 3, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I tried this drug out a year ago. Very expensive and worked wonderful in controlling my cravings and appetite but then the side effects started. I had horrible headaches. This is not a symptom I could deal with so I had to give it up. Hopefully it won't cause headaches for many people, but if it does, I'm so sorry because they truly hurt.”

Anonymous September 19, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “Meridia was awesome for appetite control. It virtually took away my hunger. I could even walk by See's Candies with not even the slightest bit of interest! But, after 3-4 weeks, Meridia caused me to have severe migraines. I had to stop taking it. I'm sad. It's the only thing that has helped me eat less.”

Anonymous September 2, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I had 6 weeks to plan my wedding, and I wanted to look my best. I started taking Meridia and I lost over 15 pounds in the 6 weeks. It helped so much with the cravings and late night eating. I didn't even want to look at food. Plus, it made me feel happy. It got me through a very difficult time in my life while trying to plan a wedding. Rather expensive, but worth it. No noticeable side effects.”

Sulaone August 27, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I started taking Meridia 3 weeks ago. In the first week I lost 6 lbs BUT, I totally cut out all major Carbs, e.g. bread, rice, fries. It definitely got me in the right frame of mind to eat better, since it is not cheap, I was determined to go through with it. Yes it works, if you're determined. SIDE EFFECTS: Terrible taste in mouth (can live with that). Constipation - a little concerning but when it got bad, I skipped taking the drug for a couple of days and it would be normal. Another concerning side effect that is listed, is blood in the stool or bad period pains. I have not had a period in 4 years and got one after taking the drug for 2 weeks. I am going to put the drug on hold for a bit and try it again in a few weeks. Recommended ? YES”

dinker01 August 25, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “YOU MUST BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH about Meridia AND the current drugs you are taking! I was overweight, diabetic, with high blood pressure and high liver enzymes. My doctor thought more pills and/or shots or increasing dosages was the answer to everything. I was on 11 different medicines and had no energy and just wanted to sleep all the time. Doctor prescribed Meridia, nothing happened. 4 weeks later, she increased the dose, no change. So I was complaining about not losing any weight and someone said "maybe there's a drug interaction with something you're already taking". I never even considered that. Went online and gee-whiz and bang it wasn't just the Meridia, there were several interactions going on! DON'T DO THIS WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR! I went off all the medicines and started from scratch. Began with 2 of the diabetic and 1 blood pressure medicine. My appetite dropped immediately. Took sugar and blood pressure readings every 4 hours for a week. My sugar and blood pressure stayed normal. So I added the Meridia. I ate only half servings of whatever I wanted other than sweets. MY GOAL WAS NOT TO DIET BUT TO LEARN A NEW EATING BEHAVIOR. My weight was 199.5lbs and now 6 weeks later I've lost 16 pounds (2-3 pounds a week). Had to reduce the dose of my diabetic medicines two times. (I'm totally off the insulin). Now I only take the 2 diabetic and 1 blood pressure medicine and the Meridia (15mg) daily. I feel good and have normal energy. I have very mild nausea every day and get massive heartburn if I eat to many carbohydrates. The cost is $196.00 a month. But this is well worth it to get my weight stable and improve my health.”

HAPPYTEXASCLIENT August 19, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “Extremely effective. No cravings for anything and even when you eat small portions will satisfy you. 33lbs in 3 months and I have a lot of energy and mental clarity. Dry mouth and some insomnia.”

Anonymous August 17, 2009

“I just started taking Meridia three days ago. Weight: 206. The first day I had dry mouth, and since then I havent experienced any side effects. I feel like I can control my cravings and urges to eat better now. Though, it could also be the money I've invested in the drug, and now I am determined not to fail. Will keep updating.”

Anonymous August 8, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I started using Meridia in February 2009. I weighed 190lbs. I eat healthier, don't crave junk food anymore and walk for about an hour every day or sometimes every other day. I now weigh 149lbs and have so much energy. It's expensive but worth it.”

Ru2sassy July 23, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I started taking Meridia about 2-3 weeks ago and haven't lost a pound. In fact, it actually has been doing the opposite of what it is supposed to do. It doesn't really control my appetite and actually makes me crave lots of sweets. ”

Anonymous July 20, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “Unfortunately I took Meridia for 6 months and only lost 15 lbs. Went off of it for a while and gained 20lbs. Tried it again but only lost 11 lbs in 3 months. I eat good and exercise and chase after 3 kids. It's great for all of you who have lost weight however. This medicine is expensive. ”

kacey303 July 19, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I started using Meridia on July 11. I went for my 1st weigh in with my Doctor on July 16th and had lost 7 1/2 pounds. So far I give this a 10 out of 10.”

JESSICA805 July 9, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I'm so excited to start taking my meridia tomorrow. I'm starting out at 10 milligrams a day. Readiing all the comments really helped me make up my mind. Thanks to all who wrote about their success on the medication.”

misscoyote June 15, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I have now been on Meridia since May 25, 09 and am happy with the results. I started walking 20-30 minutes once a day three times a week. I don't have the usual cravings for carbohydrates or sweet and salty foods, and for once I feel like I have control over my appetite, thanks to Meridia. I was also approved for one year on my insurance. When I started, I weighed in at 239 lbs, so far I have lost 6lbs. Good luck to you all.”

Anonymous June 12, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I have used this drug before when I weighed 265lbs. I went off of this drug because it became to expensive but I weighed 190lbs after three months. This pill really works, but you have to at least eat less and try to be more active, that's all I did. Plus when your weight is on the 200's its easier to get the excess weight off. This medicine is expensive but it is worth it.”

Anonymous June 10, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I am 31 and have been on Meridia since April 29, 2009. I have to date lost 28lbs. I have not experienced any major side effects besides dry mouth, which usually goes away with water. The pills are expensive since they are not covered by my insurance. Therefore I don't plan on being on them for more then 5-6 months. I work out a few times a week and really watch what I eat. If you don't change your eating habits you will definitely gain all the weight back. I wish you all success.”

Sandra67 June 5, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I have been on Meridia since April 1 and went for my weigh in again, and as of June 5 I have lost 22 lbs. I have had no side effects at all. I have tried everything in the past to lose weight and this is the only product that has worked for me. I give it 10/10.”

Anonymous May 28, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I started taking this medication last week and I've lost 5 pounds in the first week but I'm experiencing racing heart and nausea. If you can stand all these symptoms then it's a product for you.”

lil d May 24, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I have been on Meridia for 4 weeks, I lost 6 lbs the 1st week and nothing since. I drive semi truck and have little time for exercise. My only side effect is dry mouth. I feel that the cost of the drug outweighs the benefit.”

Anonymous May 5, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “Lost 35 pounds - it was a wonderful diet aid.”

Anonymous April 26, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “At 30, I've been a size 14 my whole adult life. I started Meridia one year ago at 185lbs following the birth of my second son, and although I plateaued for several months around the holidays, I'm now 140lbs and nearly a size 4.”

strbryshtk8k April 11, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I started takeing Meridia in November of 2008. When I started I was 220 lbs. I now weigh 179lbs. I have arthritis in both knees and it's hard to exercise but with the extra weight off I find I can go for walks now. I have had one good side effect with Meridia that is not on the list. I used to suffer from migraines. I was having at least 4 a month. Since I started taking Meridia my migraines have gone down to 1 every other month. Told my doctor and she was shocked, and happy for me.”

deblynjr April 8, 2009

Meridia (sibutramine): “I have been taking Meridia for about 3 weeks now. With diet and exercise, I have lost 9 pounds. It is great and really curbs my hunger and cravings. I really like it.”

More about sibutramine