User Reviews for Sibutramine

Also known as: Meridia

Learn more about Sibutramine.

Sibutramine Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Sibutramine to treat Obesity

"lost 14 lbs in a month. Wonderful product!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

"I'm on Sibutramine 15mg for 6 years now. Had some brief periods without it but I always come back to it, because I really don't like the hunger I used to get many times a day before using it. Had some palpitations when exercising and noticed a tiny increase in my BP and BPM. These were almost gone after some weeks but you may feel it again sometimes. Overall I don't have that need of eating too much or many times a day as my colleagues do, and when exercising I perspire a lot more because of the thermogenic effect it has. It's like a perfect medicine for obesity.. But some ppl need a lot less than 15mg. Maybe 5mg is enough for some.. And like Diabetes or High Blood Pressure, obese people MAY need a medicine like this for life.."

Heiler (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 26, 2016

"Although it helped control weight the following were experienced: - couldnt sleep - felt racing - felt aggressive - idealised suicide - experienced paranoia - experienced compulsive shopping even when credit cards were maxed - felt no issues in lying"

MJSH_117510 March 8, 2016

Meridia (sibutramine): "is wonderful help you to lose waitgh and control your anxiousness"

Milah November 14, 2015

"Yes they do work. The reduce 15 in the yellow capsules didn't work. If you want the real effective sibutramine I can help I have been using Sibutramine 30 mg and lost 26 lbs in less than a month."

sibforsale (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2015

"I start this tabs on 15 mg for 4 days now don't notice anything .Does it really work? How long can u see the result? Anyone know?"

Hanaa11 May 8, 2015

Meridia (sibutramine): "I took 3 tabs a day and it didn't do a damn thing for me. Hugely disappointed."

Kari10 May 4, 2015

"I found these to be best on market."

amy2 April 26, 2015

"Used this back in 2009. Lost over 4 stone. They are amazing. No appetite and you feel full after a few mouthfuls. Side effetcs were dry mouth, some agitation, inability to keep still for long and insomnia. If taken very early in the morning and avoid caffeine, the insomnia can be controlled. Stopped taking them due to it being pulled. Unfortunately I have put 2 St back on! Just got some more after a long time looking. Hope to see same results."

JabbaJaw (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2014

"I am male 16 stone. I started last week I lost 10lb I've been doing the work in the gym but hey these things work! I haven't craved the usual bad things at all. This puts a spring in your step."

Chrisjohnward March 21, 2014

Meridia (sibutramine): "I used this for about 3 months and it jump started my healthy diet and exercise plan. I lost a totally of 60 pounds in 6 months and kept it off for four years. I just needed the extra help."

Anonymous April 8, 2012

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Meridia (sibutramine): "I have to say I am greatly disappointed that this medicine was taken off the market. I obsessed about food all the time. I ate all the time and I ate extremely large portions. I took this for two months up until it was discontinued. I could not believe it. I lost 20 pounds. I did not exercise once. Surprisingly, I thought about food much less. I oddly craved healthier foods, I ate smaller portions and would be satisfied with the amount. And I lost 20 pounds without even thinking about it. I couldn't believe how much free time I had when I was not thinking about food. I wish that it wasn't taken off the market due to cardiac issues. I mean come on, even cardiac medicines can cause cardiac issues. How come those aren't take off the market?"

Anonymous August 28, 2011

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Meridia (sibutramine): "I'm devastated to learn that Meridia has been taken off the market. It is the only thing that has worked for me in terms of weight loss. I can walk, eat healthy all day, but Meridia is what gave me portion control. It turned the cravings off. I am so sad. I was just going to get another prescription after being off it for 2 years. In the last 2years I've tried loosing weight without Meridia and have been very unsuccessful. Now, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm about 90lbs overweight and each time I was on Meridia I lost about 40lbs in 2 months. Both times, Meridia had given me the energy to exercise. As I said before, I'm devastated. I was really looking forward to getting on Meridia to jump start this weight loss and now I don't know what to do."

Meridia Fan October 18, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I've been taking Meridia for off and on for several months and I have to say I'm very pleased. Even though it is pricey it works! Some of my side effects were stomach pain (if I over ate at one sitting), some dry mouth and heart burns. Nothing severe to the point where I would want to stop taking Meridia. I haven't gained any of the weight that I have lost. When I first started taking Meridia I was 210lbs. I was able to lose 15lbs and not gain it back, after stopping for about 6 months. Now I have started taking Meridia again again for about one month and I will continue to do so until I reach 170lbs. I see my Doctor once a month for my refills and lab work."

Nanda22 September 20, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I have been taking Meridia for one week now and I feel so much better already. What a difference this medicine has made. It is worth every penny to get my life back. I have already cut out sweets and have reduced my daily caloric intake with ease. Nothing has worked for me in the past, but I am feeling very confident about Meridia. I can't wait until my family sees the new me at the holidays!"

Anonymous September 19, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I am so thankful my doctor prescribed me Meridia. After giving birth at 37 years old I packed on 65 extra pounds that even with diet and exercise would not come back off. I am happy to say I have lost 60 lbs with Meridia. As for the debate on whether it is safe falls on your doctor. Obviously if you have heart conditions already you should not take this product. Your doctor should know if your able to take this medication. I am no longer on Meridia and haven't gained any weight back either. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel so much healthier now."

BLR September 18, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "Meridia is amazing! I have tried EVERY diet you can think of - Weight watchers, Nutrisystem (twice), Slimfast, Atkins, Alli, Apple cider vinegar, and regular calorie reduction. None of these diets has ever resulted in a loss of more than 3-4 pounds. Although I had some issues regarding insurance coverage, I was able to get Meridia at the end of July, and began August 1st. I have been on Meridia now for almost 2 months and as of yesterday I have lost exactly 20 pounds! I feel so relieved to finally do something that actually works. My appetite has decreased dramatically - I can eat a portion of my meal and be satisfied and turn down sweets with ease. I would recommend it to EVERYONE!"

Anonymous September 16, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "Before I go into this product it should be noted, normally I am against any weight loss medicine. However, after being on a restricted calorie diet and exercise regime with no results over a three month period, my doctor and I decided to try this medicine in combination with what I am doing already. So far, this is day 4 of using Meridia and my weight has dropped 3.6lbs, with mild side effects being anxiousness. The first day I felt spacy, but that subsided and now I have ZERO appetite. I will post again later this month, but as of right now I am thrilled at the results. This medicine is pricey, but to me was worth every penny."

Nutritionist September 13, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I commented before - 9 days in and I had lost 6lbs. Just went today for my 1 month doctors visit to see my progress. I have lost 14.7lbs and my already normal blood pressure actually dropped into an even healthier number! Still taking 10mg daily and still no side effects other then I'm a bit more thirsty and my mouth has a mildly strange taste sometimes. So all good news! I am starting to feel excited about the way I look and feel again.. 1st time in a few years. Lets hope it continues on this path.. My doctor was thrilled with my results!"

Anonymous September 8, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I started taking 10mg of Meridia 9 days ago. So far I have lost 6 pounds. As for side effects honestly I really can't say that I can even tell that I am taking the pill. The only thing that comes to mind is one night I had slightly strange taste in my mouth and was more thirsty than normal. This pill really works. I feel more motivated to work out and eat healthy, (the $120 price tag may have something to do with that too). At dinner half way through my salad I'm full, I've honestly have had no problem resisting the temptations of Starbucks mochas and the large bowl of mini-candy bars at work. Something that would have been basically un-heard of before. So 6lbs down 35ish more to go.. Wish me luck!"

Anonymous August 20, 2010

"I lost 40 pounds in 3 months, I went from a size 8/9 to a size 1! I have never been able to wear a bikini until now. I'm 24 years old."

Anonymous June 20, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "After much research and visits with my physician, I have decided to give it a try. Although it is costly ($135!!) I am hopeful that it will AID in my weightloss goal. So I took my first dose today, not sure if I'm just mentally in the right frame of mind since it is only day 1 but I have zero appetite whatsoever, actually had to force myself to eat something. Food seems unappealing right now, so it makes it easier to select healthy choices. No side effects (yet). Best of luck to everyone in their endeavors to a healthy body!"

voyage2healthy May 14, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I decided to start taking sibutramine to lose weight that I had gained last year. I chose this because you can use it long-term, unlike the stimulants. When I first started it I barely noticed any effects (15mg). My weight was 240lbs starting. Then, about a week in I started to notice a major reduction in appetite and was doing quite well. I was able to get down to 231lbs in 1.5 weeks. Sadly this weight loss came with major dysphoric side-effects, such as tremors, anxiety, muscle twitch, insomnia, mood swings, akathesia, etc. It felt like I was poisoned/going crazy. Therefore, I had to stop it. I wish I could have continued as the weight loss was going great. Bad reactions stopped after discontinuing the sibutramine."

James Dean May 9, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "At a starting weight of 162lbs, I was about 30lbs overweight. I have taken Meridia for exactly one month and have had no side effects. I lost 10lbs by taking the pill, watching calories and exercising. I make sure I exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times per week. I am happy with the medicine. I believe it's important to learn to have better habits while you are on it. Going off the medicine should not cause weight gain unless you start consuming more calories or aren't exercising."

kings2 May 1, 2010

Meridia (sibutramine): "I just started taking Meridia 4/16/2010 and I've lost 2lbs. My starting weight was 190lbs, appetite and energy has improved. "

fuzzyzooler April 18, 2010