User Reviews for Secobarbital

Secobarbital has an average rating of 9.9 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of those users who reviewed Secobarbital reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Insomnia
10.0
Summary of Secobarbital reviews 9.9 13 reviews

Reviews for Secobarbital

Matt · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2021

For Insomnia: “I have been given klonapin and seroquel. These medications worked well but stopped working after the years. I have serious sleep apnea. During one of my sleep studies I was given two neon blue caps of Seconal. OMG Finally!”

Humbirdie · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2019

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “I've only used Seconal twice & it works very well & quickly. 90% of doctors I've seen REFUSE to prescribe me even small quantities of say 10-12 capsules per month for my insomnia due to the fact I'm a sufferer of M.S. & am on Fentanyl patches for the chronic pain. It's a damn shame people with LEGITIMATE NEED of certain medications are denied use due to ignorance of some medical professionals who have NO CLUE what it's like to have severe insomnia which for me lasst up to 4 nights in a row. I've been an Ambien user for over a decade ( not every night! ) & it does help me nicely some nights with NO odd behaviors..BUT at times I have to repeat the dose when I'm still WIDE AWAKE over an hour later ( which is not recommended to do..but sometimes is necessary). It would be a blessing to be able to get an rx Seconal in low monthly quantities.”

Terry · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 3, 2018

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Sedation: “When I was younger I had bad lead poison really bad and it damaged my nerves and my nervous system. I suffered with bad headaches and other problems almost every day as a child. My neuro gave my parents this it was a life saver. I wish that doctors these days would use this to help people like me live with horrible nerve damage and pain.”

Kimmy100 · Taken for 10 years or more November 14, 2012

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “I've suffered from chronic insomnia and severe panic attacks since early childhood and was given many medications but they didn't help me. I eventually was put on Seconal sodium (secobarbitol) by a new physician and I sleep well and don't experience panic attacks anymore. I was taught to take my Seconal under my tongue with Nutra-sweet and on a four hour empty stomach. Also, I never experienced withdrawals when I was without this medication for two months. Seconal has made my life much better now that I can get restful sleep and no longer have panic attacks.”

Well Rested Ronnie · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 14, 2018

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “I’m a working professional in a field that mandates absolute attentiveness and have battled life long insomnia. I’ve been through sleep studies and all other sleep aids, and sleep clinics that really didn’t help at all. A new physician recommended Seconal to me as he had success with his other patients suffering from treatment resistant insomnia. I take 200 mg a night and it has given me my life back and hasn’t lost effectiveness after being on it for 3 years. Beautiful sleep at last! I highly recommend it”

Michaelman2` · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2015

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “Seconal is not the vilified, evil drug that it has been made to be. Any medication has to be taken as directed and with caution. This medication works better for me than any of the benzo type drugs (Ambien, Lunesta (sp?) . I take Seconal as needed for insomnia and I sleep. I wake not feeling drugged or groggy and my memory is in tact. The aforementioned are terrible about memory loss and the hangover effect, in my experience. Thankfully I have a physician that knows the correct history and use of this drug. It is very, very difficult to find a pharmacy that carries Seconal. Bottom line when taken as it should be taken...it works wonderfully.”

Scottsdale Guy · Taken for 10 years or more December 14, 2016

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “I've tried every new "miracle sleeping aid" that's hit the market over the past 45 years. Nothing works as consistently or as well as Seconal. Taken at therapeutic levels it eases you into sleep within about 20-30 minutes after taking it. Most people sleep for 7 to 8 hours and wake refreshed and do not experience a drug hang over. It's vital to avoid any alcohol use with this drug. Alcohol potentiates the drug and can cause CNS suppression and even death in large enough dose. Of course this is true for most sleeping aid type medication. Some people use this drug for long periods of time and develop dependency on it. This can be avoided by not using it more than one or two days in a row. Seconal works when others do not.”

Anonymous December 21, 2011

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “I have severe insomnia, secondary to serious problems with my back. Basically I need help falling asleep and staying asleep as something as simple as rolling over will cause me to bolt right awake. I take secobarbital (Seconal Sodium) and temazepam (Restoril). Usually, I take temazepam with Seconal at bedtime and another temazepam during my nightly awakening. Seconal is not used as a "first line" insomnia treatment any longer. However, if the weaker sedatives fail you, it really will get you to sleep. Absolute caution is needed, the reputed strength and history of this medication is no joke. ”

Anonymous October 21, 2018

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “I have never tried any barbiturates although I am taking phenobarb for insomnia. I will know what to expect and therefore can control the amount of the medicine. Obviously no alcohol use at time to taking tis pill. But 7-8 hours of sleep without a hangover sounds pretty good!”

Anonymous September 8, 2011

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “This medicine was great for sleeping. It was the best that I ever had because I have sleeping problems. Rate it as a 10.”

smitty714 · Taken for 10 years or more March 10, 2014

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “Blessed and complete sleep.”

lizard · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 3, 2018

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Insomnia: “Better than ambien”

Bill40079 September 21, 2014

Seconal Sodium (secobarbital) for Light Sedation: “Great when used safely!”