User Reviews for Red yeast rice

High Cholesterol 10.0

Reviews for Red yeast rice

Dayo · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2018

For High Cholesterol: “Actually worked with my doctor for the experimentation 4 years ago to stop Lipitor and Muscle pain med. to RedYeatRice/CoQ10 combo. Daily dosage 1200mg/100mg. It has worked beautifully since for me. As of a week ago for my full physical result. CHD (limit 0.00->4.44) Went from 4.62 to 3.17 HDL (> 40mg/dl) Went from 37 to 55 LDL (limit 80-130) Went from 155 to 105 CHO (limit 140-200) Went from 214 to 171 TRI (limit 35-150) Went from 182 to 85 I get it from https://www.vitacost.com Make sure you discuss with your doctor, never leave your doctor out of the loop.”

Serpent · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2018

For High Cholesterol: “Refused to take Statins because of well documented side effects. Decided at request of my cardiologist to try this. Took 2400 mg and at six weeks got lower muscle ache and pulled muscle riding bike. Same ride I do 3 days a week. In addition experienced dizziness when rising from bed. Stopped and in ten days side effects gone. Had taken due to 127 LDL. Other cholesterol numbers good. Never had cholesterol checked . I would try but maybe lower doses . Be careful and watch for symptoms. Stop if occur and see your doctor”

Sparkle23 June 10, 2011

For High Cholesterol: “Been taking Red Yeast Rice for 6 months now. It lowered my cholesterol from 269 to 109. Take 2400 mg daily (2 1200 doses) half after breakfast and half after dinner. Crestor was what I started with, couldn't take after 20 days. Too many side effects. Red Yeast Rice also helped my stomach problems (always indigested). Recommend you talk to your doctor and give it a try.”

angiem136 February 6, 2011

For High Cholesterol: “Red Yeast Rice Lowered my total Cholesterol from 300 down to 190 in 3 months. I continued to take one cap a day for a year and the next blood draw was 170. I had no ill side effects and my liver function levels were not effected. I tell everyone to give it a try.”

baileycc November 21, 2008

For High Cholesterol: “Red Yeast Rice has been used for thousands of years in China with great success. Statin Drugs can cause so many side effects including stopping the liver manufacturing of CoQ10 which is necessary for a healthy heart.”

Lucinda Rideout May 13, 2008

For High Cholesterol: “It lowered my cholesterol to a normal range. Only side effect was gas. Reduced the dose and gas went away. Recommend this product as an alternative to Zocor or Zetia.”