User Reviews for Rasagiline

Also known as: Azilect

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Rasagiline.

Rasagiline Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Reviews for Rasagiline to treat Parkinson's Disease

"Got diagnosed with early stage. Got rasagiline. 1 mg. Had fainting, dizziness, headaches. Friends and family said I am different, not myself. Dose was lowered to 0.5, still sameI issues. Stopped taking it. Symptoms went away. Taking now OTC 4Life Recall and Transfer Factors to improve brain functions without side effects."

Dalotek (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "This drug just about killed me.. so be careful. I took it for several months then I had an unexpected severe reaction. I woke up one morning numb/tingling from head to toe - (like when your arm falls asleep). I stopped taking it - it took about 4 weeks before all the tingling to finally go away."

mjbaz2002 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "For me, 0.5 mg does not work. 1.0 mg does work."

seshan9 December 13, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "Prior to starting Azilect I had very limited use of my right arm, my mouth drooped on my right side and my right arm did not swing while walking. I now have full use of my arm, my mouth no longer droops and my arm swings. For me Azilect has been a miracle."

Mrs. Mumford October 16, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "I have recently been told I have very early Parkinsons. Since then I've been on Azilect. I have not experienced any side effects. However, the symptoms (finger movements) have not improved. I have been told that Azilect slows down progression, therefore, alone it does not address the systems."

Anonymous February 12, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "I had bad results from Azilect. Was in hospital for 2 days and 2 trips to Er within 2 week time. Had little fainting spells (would have passed out except for person holding me up) Dizzy, falling. Doctor sad it wasn't the medicine, but after stopping it these side effects went away. "

Anonymous December 8, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "I have had to stop taking Azilect twice for surgery, the difference while I'm on it is amazing. The Azilect definitely works well with my other medicines."

marcie64 December 7, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azilect (rasagiline): "It should be noted why a patient should stop taking this medicine before surgery. My father went in for a routine cystoscope and had major bleeding complications. Patients should be made aware that this medicine may CAUSE BLEEDING."

Anonymous October 2, 2009