User Reviews for Rasagiline to treat Parkinson's Disease

Also known as: Azilect

Rasagiline has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. 54% of those users who reviewed Rasagiline reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Rasagiline Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 67 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Reviews for Rasagiline

Petunia · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2020

“I took rasagiline for eight days when I started having involuntary movements. I went to Patient First to get checked out. They told me to stop the medication. At the time I did not realize I had taken eight pills. I though it was about four. They told me to stop them. I should not have quit them cold turkey. The movements went on for another week. I am also on Neupro and Carpadopa/ Levadopa.”

Ef · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2020

“Seemed to work well initially but been on it for 5 weeks now and I’ve had 4 migraines. My arm has started stiffening again. It didn’t stop my tremor. Been in touch with neuro to swap me to a different drug as this is the first I have tried”

EF · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

Azilect (rasagiline): “Noticed improvement in my hand stiffness in the first week. It also made me more relaxed and decreased my anxiety. RLS alleviated and I feel better in myself. I’m only in week 2 but hopeful that I shall continue to improve. Only side effects were a migraine on day 3 .”

Mrs. Mumford October 16, 2011

Azilect (rasagiline): “Prior to starting Azilect I had very limited use of my right arm, my mouth drooped on my right side and my right arm did not swing while walking. I now have full use of my arm, my mouth no longer droops and my arm swings. For me Azilect has been a miracle.”

Anonymous October 2, 2009

Azilect (rasagiline): “It should be noted why a patient should stop taking this medicine before surgery. My father went in for a routine cystoscope and had major bleeding complications. Patients should be made aware that this medicine may CAUSE BLEEDING.”

Anonymous December 8, 2009

Azilect (rasagiline): “I had bad results from Azilect. Was in hospital for 2 days and 2 trips to Er within 2 week time. Had little fainting spells (would have passed out except for person holding me up) Dizzy, falling. Doctor sad it wasn't the medicine, but after stopping it these side effects went away. ”

Anonymous February 12, 2010

Azilect (rasagiline): “I have recently been told I have very early Parkinsons. Since then I've been on Azilect. I have not experienced any side effects. However, the symptoms (finger movements) have not improved. I have been told that Azilect slows down progression, therefore, alone it does not address the systems.”

madison · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 5, 2019

Azilect (rasagiline): “Before Azilect, I was falling from rubbery legs and freezing about every day. Since Azilect 1 mg, I have had no falls and have started to use rollator less and working with trekking poles. For me a miracle drug at this progression.”

mjbaz2002 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2017

Azilect (rasagiline): “This drug just about killed me.. so be careful. I took it for several months then I had an unexpected severe reaction. I woke up one morning numb/tingling from head to toe - (like when your arm falls asleep). I stopped taking it - it took about 4 weeks before all the tingling to finally go away.”

Gram patti January 4, 2018

“I have been taking rasagiline for a month. I have not had any problems so far, my energy is better I have noticed that I walk better and my left hand which gave me trouble I have regained a lot of use back. The only negative is the price but if it gives me my life back it's worth it”

Dalotek · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2017

“Got diagnosed with early stage. Got rasagiline. 1 mg. Had fainting, dizziness, headaches. Friends and family said I am different, not myself. Dose was lowered to 0.5, still sameI issues. Stopped taking it. Symptoms went away. Taking now OTC 4Life Recall and Transfer Factors to improve brain functions without side effects.”

marcie64 December 7, 2009

Azilect (rasagiline): “I have had to stop taking Azilect twice for surgery, the difference while I'm on it is amazing. The Azilect definitely works well with my other medicines.”

seshan9 December 13, 2012

Azilect (rasagiline): “For me, 0.5 mg does not work. 1.0 mg does work.”

pmm · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 23, 2019

Azilect (rasagiline): “This has very few side effects for me....maybe a little skin irritation and some mild headache What you get is one of the best Parkinson's Disease drugs...I think azilect is best taken with mirapex!”

Learn more about Parkinson's Disease