User Reviews for Inderal to treat Performance Anxiety

Inderal has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Performance Anxiety. 77% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Inderal Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 1 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Inderal

med man September 13, 2019

“This drug is a miracle! Imagine every time you're about to present in front of people - the panic creeping in, heart racing, visible trembling almost to the point of convulsion with a lump in your throat and cracking voice. Imagine what everyone's thinking as you choke trying to spit out words on a piece of paper, who knew reading could be so difficult. Think about the embarrassment and how incompetent you feel when in reality you actually exude confidence. Why is my body attacking me? Why is it impossible to simply read off a piece of paper and not turn into a shaking wreck. This was me...and I had tried many therapies I read online before, trust me. long story short..I was cured first dose of Inderal and never looked back. I hope others find relief.”

MadameLily · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 29, 2014

“Works like a miracle. My job requires some presentation skills and no amount of practice reduced the anxiety. My speaking skills improved with Toastmasters, but the anxiety was still crippling. I no longer fear giving workshops and presentations. I only need take it prior to giving a presentation - just once in a while - and a single pill does the trick. Far superior to anxiety meds like Xanax. Propranolol reduces the anxiety with no negative effects on my performance, and no side effects that I've noticed.”

I like it May 31, 2011

“I have struggled with public speaking my entire life. This is truly a miracle medicine for me. I like the fact that I do not have to take it everyday...only for specific events which are typically scheduled in advance. I would still prefer no medication but have been very happy with the results from Inderal.”

Kayy58 September 12, 2009

“Started having panic attacks with anxiety about 6 months ago. Started taking Inderal 20 mg - once in the morning. Noticed significant improvement the first day. This drug has been awesome for me! Was also given Xanax at the same time but I only feel I need it occasionally.”

EmL January 5, 2011

“I have had anxiety a lot since high school and it has gotten worse in college. I have taken many different medicines for anxiety and this is by far the best fit for me. I didn't like how I had to take the other medicines everyday whether or not I felt anxious- this one was great for me because my doctor told me I could take it whenever I felt a little more anxiety than normal. I will take it in the morning if I wake up anxious and I have never had an anxiety attack or feelings of being anxious yet. I would highly suggest talking to your doctor about this medicine if anxiety is the issue.”

no medicine is perfect December 8, 2013

“I had a social phobia for a long time with a rapid out of control heart beat, its a big difference since I started taking this medicine, anxiety is a lot less, and more out going with the public and less fear, but the only side effect that I'm not comfortable with is delayed ejaculation.”

Theoden21 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2016

“Awesome for controlling anxiety in the mind and letting you think clearly but I still feel the anxiety in my nerves but better alternative than benzodiazepines. Another con is it interrupts with exercise you can't sweat or get your heart rate up so if your going to exercise time the pill intake hours before.”

Davs September 5, 2018

“I've suffered with workplace performance anxiety (specifically blushing) for as long as I remember, talking in front of big groups, interviewing etc. So I started taking Inderal adhoc with great success, no blushing! On Monday I had an interview at 11am so I took 1 at 8:30, 1 at 9:30 and 1 at 10:30. At 1pm I started to get stomach ache and by 2pm I went bent over in agony. I curled up on the sofa waiting for it to subside but the pain was excruciating. At 5pm I called a health line who advised I went to A&E. My breaths were getting shorter, I started to feel nauseous and my stomach felt like I'd been stabbed. I threw up numerous times in the waiting room, they gave me anti-nausea drugs and an IV drip. I started to feel 'normal' again and was sent home. 3 days later and I am still suffering from slight stomach pain, like an uncomfortable bloated pain. I feel too scared to take them again and I'm so sad because they did seem like a miracle drug for the first few months!”

Jackobi · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

“I take Inderal with Klonopin and other psych. meds. Helps blood with blood pressure but not a great anti-anxiety drug by itself. The only side effect that bothers me is too many nightmares at bedtime and blurry vision.”

Ted o · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2013

“Excellent. Worked from day one for my anxiety! I tried SSRI's and Wellbutrin. Neither worked for my anxiety. 10mg of the propranolol and I am so happy and waaaaay less anxious.”

Man · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 16, 2019

“First of all, thanks a lot for this superb medicine which saved my life from prolonged anxiety...”

Observer October 26, 2009

“Controls the anxiety but side effect causes erectile dysfunction.”

johnrecovered · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2013

“Taken for years battling anxiety, quite helpful if taken at onset of attack; bottom line-exercise for me is better!”