User Reviews for Rythmol SR to treat Atrial Fibrillation

Rythmol SR has an average rating of 8.7 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation. 73% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Rythmol SR Rating Summary

8.7/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Rythmol SR

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 26, 2012

“Had a miserable life for 15 yrs of waiting for my heart to go out of rhythm and in to the emergency room. Rythmal has changed my life, I experience a flutter here and there but no total outs, my anxiety has decreased as well.”

itherni June 18, 2011

“I'm a 58 year old male. I have taken Rhythmol for a year. I started having many different heart rhythms after having an implant for ASD. Every night I would sleep sitting up, could not work effectively, and was worried if this would eventually kill me. In a year I have had not one skip or erratic heart beat. This medicine is amazing and I feel wonderful. It does give you a metallic taste but it's a small price to pay.”

tmn3006 August 6, 2009

“I am a 64 year old male and have been using Rythmol since January 05. I started with the standard Rythmol 150mg 3 times a day. This was inconvenient so my doctor put me on Rythmol SR 225mg twice a day and I have been on this regimen for three years with absolutely no side effects and no recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation. My concern is long term effect. I am at 4 1/2 years on Rythmol and see one person on this site with 13 years. I would like ot know if there are any other long term users and what their results are. Do I need to try ablation?”

alanvega April 29, 2009

“I have used Rythmol or Propafenone for over 13 years for atrial fibrillation with good results. I'm taking 225mg twice a day. I drink lots of coffee with no problems. Alcoholic beverages will trigger my atrial fibrillation 95% of the time so I know longer drink. Wine seems to be the worst culprit. I have thought about an ablation but since the Rythmol works so well, I'm hesitant to have the procedure.”

Dr. orders June 24, 2008

“Diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation a little over two years ago. Started Ryhthmol after taking thinners in preparation for Cardioreversion. Heart went back to normal rhythm just before I was to be shocked. Had infrequent short periods of Atrial fibrillation reoccuring. Doctor prescribed another anti-arrhythmics but I felt as though tennis ball was bouncing inside my chest. Went back to Rythmol 325 Sr and atenolol, both twice a day. I have stayed in rhythm for about a year, I have found that coffe and some Iced teas cause me to go out.”

Blueforest May 29, 2008

“After 9 months on Sotolol, I was still having Atrial Fibrillation (AF). Switched to Rhythmol 225mg for 3 months and had occasional AF, but at 325 mg, I've only had one AF episode in 6 months. It's a blessing to lie down and go to sleep without the fear of AF starting up.”

walkmann March 25, 2010

“Atrial fibrillation onset 1997... have had 6 cardioversions since drugs would not convert to sinus rhythm. Started 325mg Rythmol SR 2x a day after last cardioversion (March 2007). Stopped drinking alcohol, and haven't had an episode since.”

MarkBV51 May 4, 2009

“I have been on Rythmol SR for about 6 weeks now. I was originally diagnosed with Atrial Flutter, but after the ablation procedure for this, it was then determined that I had Atrial Fibrillation and was put on Rythmol SR. This drug does not "solve" or "cure" the problem - all it does is subside it temporarily. As a result, I am scheduled for an Atrial fibrillation Ablation procedure this month. I have also had numerous side effects (dizziness, and bad taste in mouth). ”

Anonymous December 5, 2010

“I have been on Rythmol 425 for 9 months. It seems to have controlled my atrial fibrillation as I know of only a couple occurrences since I started the Rythmol. Side effects have diminished but still have bouts of fatigue and constipation. This medicine seems to be okay but I hate taking something continuously at 51 years old.”

MiaBob March 16, 2008

“I just switched to Rythmol from Toporal and am checking it out. My heart hasn't done "afib" type things but I do have a horrible metalic taste that I wish would go away, outside of that it seems OK so far. Let me know your thoughts. I am a 51 year old male.”

Anonymous August 5, 2009

“Since starting Rythmol SR 425 2.5 years ago, the percentage of time in atrial fibrillation has dropped from over 20% to under 3%. Absolutely no side effects. Glad I have insurance though and pay $120 for a 90 day supply, rather than over $1,000.”

Anonymous September 18, 2009

“My husband has been using this medicine (225 mg) for nearly 2 years now. No side effects, but still has an episode at least 1 to 2 times a month. His regular Doctor doesn't seem to know much about Rythmol, so thought about taking him to a specialist now that I read your other comments.”

Junior · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2021

“I'm a 49 year old male and have only taken propafenone slow release for 3 weeks and do NOT like it. I'm out of breath just walking and my heart is going crazy all the time. I feel it made things worse. I have an ablation surgery coming in a few days, hopefully that'll help. Very discouraged right now.”

SXD · Taken for 10 years or more June 2, 2013

“I've been on Rythmol 225 SR twice a day for over 8 years. My instances of Atrial Fibrillation are once or twice in a 6-month period. I am happy with the way it works!”

Anonymous August 7, 2010

“Rythmol 325mg twice daily is my life saver after trying 3 others over past 8 years with 6 cardioversions.”

Learn more about Atrial Fibrillation