User Reviews for Pramlintide

Diabetes, Type 1 10.0
Diabetes, Type 2 9.0

Reviews for Pramlintide

would give it an 11 if i could · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2017

Symlin (pramlintide) for Diabetes, Type 1: “My endocrinologist put me on this to lose weight. Note: I am extremely sensitive to insulin and can only use regular as the NPH analogues make me very ill except levemir, which I developed an immunity to, and every week in have to go up another ten. Anyways now the after-meal-spikes are a thing of the past, I can say that. Anyone with dawn phenomenon NEEDS this. I barely even need to use my R at all anymore unless I eat something like a big chinese meal. This stuff has changed me so much, I no longer crave candy every night, now if I eat candy once every 2 weeks I'm lucky. The weight loss associated with this is slow, but it really works. Like a diet pill without the speedy effects. I HIGHLY recommend this to all type 1 diabetics”

54 year-old female · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2014

SymlinPen 60 (pramlintide) for Diabetes, Type 1: “I think every diabetic should be on this. In a normal individual it is produced with insulin and released at the same time to keep sugar from rising too much after a meal, to keep the food in the stomach longer, give a feeling of fullness and control appetite, and keep the liver from producing too much insulin. Type1's and 2's both benefit from Symilin's action of blunting that peak of glucose after a meal, taking less insulin (because of its synergistic effect and preventing the liver from adding to the problem by producing glucose on top of it all. For those who are overweight, it controls appetite so you can get your mind off of food and eat normal sized portions.”

RWeiger January 6, 2013

Symlin (pramlintide) for Diabetes, Type 1: “Symlin, for me, has allowed proper digestion and has eliminated loose stools... which I experienced for 48 years and thought of as a 'normal' condition... and has brought signifigant comfort to my personal life. I am careful to delay injection until the meal is in front of me ready to eat to head off any negative nausea effect.”

Anonymous November 7, 2011

Symlin (pramlintide) for Diabetes, Type 1: “Blood glucose levels do not bounce around as much since I began using this.”

jgushea June 13, 2010

Symlin (pramlintide) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Helps to maintain lower blood sugar after meals and also helps to curb my appetite.”