User Reviews for NuLYTELY

NuLYTELY has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings on Drugs.com. 42% of those users who reviewed NuLYTELY reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Bowel Preparation
4.9
Summary of NuLYTELY reviews 4.9 12 reviews

Blueeyes61 February 23, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “I started my prep tonight, did not add any flavor to it, the taste was not bad at all, so far I don't feel any side effects, I read that the stuff was a horrible taste and people was getting sick from it. Trust me it is not that bad at all! I had to drink 1/2 of the bottle tonight, and then I have to drink the rest in the morning. This is the first time ever that I had to do this and believe me reading other peoples comments on the internet scared me. I did not want to drink that stuff but it was not bad at all. I have a little headache but not because of the prep, because I have not eaten anything today - just clear liquids. I have not been able to do number 2 in long time and now it is all coming out - it does works! My next time I have to do it is 2:00am I'm very pleased on how the first round went. People who are afraid of doing the prep - it is not bad at all!! Good luck all and stay safe and healthy.”

Td August 20, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “7-07-15 nearly died from Nulytley. Burned entire GI System. 5 years ago and still ill. Dr said “chemical colitis with permanent nerve damage and NO CURE! I have spent $50,000 With naturopaths trying not to die. Near death for 6 months. On fodmap diet and milk of magnesia daily. The MD OFFERED ANTIDEPRESSANTS! Lots of pain! No help from MDs or the manufacturers.”

N7742 · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I came on here before I tried Nulytely to see what others said and the reviews scared me. I'm here to tell you my experience. I never got flavor packets to choose from. I got Nulytely with lemon on the container premixed. So I had no choices. I bought crystal light lemon pitcher packs and added 3 of them in the container before adding water. I shook it and then added the water to the line and shook it again but longer. I chilled it in the refrigerator for 4 hours before starting my prep. I had to drink the whole thing. I wasn't given the option of splitting the prep. I'm happy to say the taste was pretty great. Tasted like a very tart lemonade just a little thick. I admit by the end I didn't want to drink anymore but it was nothing I couldn't handle. It did its job and I was clean for my colonoscopy this morning. So to the ones that have a gag reflex and are afraid to drink this stuff, don't be. If you like lemonade do what I said about the crystal light lemonade.”

El Toro · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 3, 2013

For Bowel Preparation: “The best way to drink this is put it in a blender and get it all foamy. It goes down much easier and alot of the bad taste is eliminated. Had many colonoscopys and finally figured out the best way to get this into me.”

Lewitch · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I used Nulytely in conjunction with a dose of mag citrate for a bowel prep for colonoscopy. Most people only share the bad. The hype is overrated. The truth is, it a little uncomfortable but it sure beats a stomach bug any day of the week! It worked for me quickly and effectively. I did struggle getting it down quickly and it doesn’t taste fabulous but I was able to chug each 8oz about every 30 minutes. I alternated chasing it with either sprite or apple juice. Drank lots of Gatorade and water during prep. I took a few breaks to prevent nausea which I did not get. The watery diarrhea is rough on the backside so I used wipes and A&D ointment that helped a little bit. I finished about 2/3 of the bottle and was running clear in about 4 hours. (Your experience may differ).”

Mer · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “Probably would have been easier to choke down if the texture of it in my mouth didn't remind me of the strings of dog drool my dog has after drinking water. The taste was horrible, and adding flavor packets did nothing to change that. It caused horrible chills and severe bloating and horrid abdominal discomfort. And made my GERD symptoms worst.”

Anonymous February 8, 2010

For Bowel Preparation: “I rated the product a 5 as it does what it is supposed to do - cleanse your bowel. It is however the most unpleasant of medications and produced severe nausea. It was difficult to drink the gallon required. I had used Fleet Phospho-Soda in the past and that is so much better than this. Expensive also.”

Micoz · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I have just completed the recommended two sessions of drinking NuLYTELY, heading toward an early morning colonoscopy. It is a LOT of stuff to drink, no doubt! But the two sessions are better than the old regimen of drinking it in one session. I had the lemon-lime mixture, which comes from the drug store ready to add water. The total prep drink required is 4 liters. It's not too bad. It tastes like lemon lime drink with salt added. Chewing spearmint sugarless gum between the 8 oz glasses of solution was helpful to me. I also drank through a thick straw to the back of my mouth to reduce the salty taste. This wasn't pleasant like drinking a milkshake or a Sprite, but it was NOT a seriously difficult preparation.”

Anonymous August 15, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I don't know how any human being is supposed to be able to drink 4 litres of this stuff. There was a vague fruity taste that only made things worse & every bloody sip of the total 128 ounces was an absolute nightmare. Gagged on every one. The second round would take 15 minutes for each 8 oz. (although I was finally just flat out cheating on the last 3 glasses). On #5 & #8 of that round I just threw it all up. I don't mind the cramping and pooping, but I simply can't ever do that again. Now they're telling me that couldn't finish the job so want me to have just a sigmoidoscopy in 2 months. From what I'm told about that prep, I might actually survive it, but I'm still terrified. I just had it done yesterday and when I think about it still makes me cry.”

terri · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: “Never, Never take this Nulytley. I took on 7/7/15 and nearly died for 6 months. My life has been forever changed. My intestines are chemically burned and permanent nerve damage from the Nulytley. I have spent my entire life savings on trying not to die from this poison. There is a warning on the FDA site, but they still sell it. Of course it is the only one medicare will pay for. This produce ruined my life. I go only to the doctor and my life is spent at home.”

Dana · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I expected the unpleasant experience of drinking this stuff; I also expected the "explosion" that would happen an hour or so afterward. That never happened. In fact, NOTHING happened all night, and very little after the liter taken in the morning. So although I had the colonoscopy, the doctor had to report: "the preparation is bad; cleaning was carried out but there are areas that could not be observed." Years ago the prep was Dulcolax and citrate of magnesia; it was awful but at least it worked!”

ETH · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: “Took this twice as prep for Colonoscopy. It was disgusting to drink but they all are. Then came the weakness, dizziness and the migraine headache. Very very bad migraine headache. Never again.”