User Reviews for Podofilox topical to treat Condylomata Acuminata

Also known as: Condylox

Podofilox topical Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Condylomata Acuminata.

Reviews for Podofilox topical

Condylomagirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

“Started condyline 3 days ago. I have a lot of smaller and few bigger warts. Today I noticed that my warts are smaller and one bigger is white. It hurts so much when you wipe so girls!!! Tap tap tap, don't wipe!!”

Eugene · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

“Well I just found out I had genital wart and just started using Podophyllin. I’m on my second day and no burn or anything. I was told to apply once everyday so I’m forced to shower once a day at night, apply it and then go to bed. I am a bit skeptical about the application process. Should I apply twice like in morning and at night.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

“Female here- before I started using this Podofilox gel, I read every review there was and one thing was consistent, the pain is excruciating. Where my warts were located was the small piece of skin between the anus and the vagina opening- tough spot. However, I found that letting the gel dry fully and then placing a small piece of gauze over it for just a bit, helped significantly to stop from getting the gel on otherwise healthy skin. I had a set up with a mirror and a fan to get to them and to let the gel dry. My warts were "tall" according to my doctor and it took two treatments to lose most of them, I have one small one left and will begin the third treatment shortly. It definitely made the area sore/painful when wiping after using the bathroom, but the pain I had seemed MUCH less severe than some of the other reviewers here”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

“I was prescribed by the planned parenthood doctor. I applied it on my own because I had no one to trust without judgement. And man I’m on the first treatment. I’ve done the three day cycle and the wart is gone. Now that being said, I’m happy the wart is gone on my anus but when I tell you the after effect is horrible. How on earth was I suppose to apply it alone so of course I got it on good healthy skin and now my anus is raw and sore. I can barely get any sleep or be comfort. I applied Neosporin multiple times and still feel uncomfortable. Best result is take very warm baths. It may burn for a little bit then it soothes your anus. I’m just ready to get back to normal again.”

Shyness · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2020

“I got hpv while using condoms. The warts form where condom didn’t cover. I had it a year before I knew what it was. So my dr. Prescribed podofilox. I had one large one at the base of my penis and one smaller one on the shaft. After one cycle I didn’t think it would work no burn no nothing. Second cycle they seem to have gotten bigger and it was painful. The third cycle was like magic the one on The shaft turned in to a scab an fell off the larger one shrank and turning black and scabbing and is about to fall off I’m on my last cycle I believe they will be gone in a couple days this stuff works jus be patient an use as directed.Some normal skin did get damaged but I believe it will heal in a week or so. Good luck and be safe.”

Guardian · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

“Ok! FIRST! READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! You will save yourself from a lot of pain and discomfort. I’m currently ending cycle one and carelessly didn’t view the instructions so my ***hole is on fire!! Not to mention I have diarrhea so it hurts like lava. The trauma also opened a tear in my anus so I gotta figure that out too. HOWEVER, warts are definitely showing signs of leaving two of them have left so far but I wish I would have found this site before starting treatment. Oh and keep some NeoSporin and baby wipes they will come in handy if healthy skin gets irritated”

Mia · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2020

“podofilox burns your skin. 100% effective, the warts never came back.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

“Used the Warticon solution which contains this ingredient. This works 100% after my first cycle on the 3rd day I had full clearance of all warts. They get dark then fall off. Use with caution even if it doesn't burn on the first few application you will feel it by the end of the cycle. It erodes normal skin if not applied with care (I learned this the hard way). Overall very pleased hopefully they don't come back.”

CP · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

“Used Aldara for 12 weeks with minimal effect on warts. Wish I’d been given condyline first! After first 3 day treatment warts seem to be gone! Word of warning, only apply very small amounts. I’ve been left with red raw skin in the anal area.”

Kel · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

“I had been suffering from genital warts for a year and 3 months. Over this time I've been numerous courses of aldara cream and a few sessions of Cryotherapy of which all had done nothing. Luckily I went to another sexual clinic, where a nurse finally took into account that a new treatment was needed. I was prescribed a 4 week course of liquid condyline solution. After 2 applications the warts had turned white. I'm absolutely amazed and chuffed to say that after 3 days of using this all my genital warts have cleared up! Of course the negatives are that the areas can become very sore, tender and can present some gunge. But I argue this pain is way more short term than the unbearable itching I faced with aldara cream. This stuff really worked well with me and in the case that the warts return, I feel able to treat them in a much smaller time scale.”

Anonnnn · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

“I have been using this for about 2 and a half weeks. When I first used this it did not burn really bad. I felt it but it was bearable. Next two days the pain has gotten worse when applying but I dealt with it. However I noticed patches on my skin that looked burnt and started to bleed lightly. The warts were gone so that’s all that mattered. The following week I noticed a couple more in a different area so I applied it! TERRIBLE burning like I never felt before. Two days later here I am and my skin looks like it’s peeling off, raw without the warts. Had to make another appointment because it feels worse than from when I started. I don’t recommend it because it’s so easy to burn your skin with the warts”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2019

“I will add another rating once I've done a round or two of this medication. I picked it up due to having 2 itchy warts on my anal skin. My provider tried in-house acid which reduced their size but ultimately did not work, so she prescribed this. Holy Moly, yes, it burns. But after dealing with this for nearly a year I was willing to try anything. I did apply a tiny amount per the applicators I was given and had to make sure everything was dry. When it isn't fully dry or you get it on healthy skin, it does sting. I did get some tiny amount of blood from the applications after day #2, and was told to use it 3 days on and 4 days off (I think...) so today is the first day I'm not applying it. I saw the warts were visibly reduced in size and it did leave some lightened skin, the healthy areas, were burned....fingers crossed, this works...”

Powow · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2019

“Went to VA Doctor for one genital wart and was prescribed me podofilox and over nite I broke out with what looked like 100 tiny mole looking warts, this product did more damage than good for me. Do not use this product.”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2019

Condylox (podofilox): “I had a case of genital warts on the head of my penis. Used this treatment for 3 days and it started swelling a lot where foreskin was cut. Real tender and sore there and where gel was applied. Small blisters as well. Very painful. Hurts to sleep and just wear jeans. If not better in a couple days, will go back to doctor. Painful.”

Jenny September 30, 2018

“Hey guys and gals. I slept with this guy and he didn’t tell me what he had. I was silly enough to not be safe. Few months later I get these warts. I finally get medication for them. I’m on day 2 and boy does my anal area BURN. I’m applying it to the spots but it does contact regular skin. I can’t wipe so I suggest buying baby wipes cause that helps a lot. I have about 6-7 spots. 1 really big but I can see the tips turning white. I’ll give you guys an update but from the looks of it I think it’s going good. Sorry to anyone who feels bad about themselves at this moment because I know I did. But everything is going to be okay! You are still you! We will get through this”

David August 22, 2018

Condylox (podofilox): “It did not work for me. Additionally, it has worn away the outer layer of my skin in patches that has never healed after over a year and looks awful. After using this drug, I changed to a private Doctor specialised in STDs and he said "I never use this for treatment due to the high amount of scarring". (What worked for me was repeated Cryosurgery treatments and having the HPV Gardasil 9 injections all administered by my Doctor). Even though the Gardasil injection isn't listed for treatment, my doctor said there was anecdotal evidence that it also may help with treatment. If I could go back in time I would have taken the Gardasil 9 injections straight away and then Cryosurgery. It took me 8 months to get rid of the warts. I wish I'd never used Condylox. The side effects of this drug Condylox does state the wearing away of skin, but I didn't realise that meant it would NEVER heal.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2018

“This stuff works. I've been using it for a couple years when the warts come back. Originally they were pink flesh colored. Now every time they come back they are huge and ugly purple. The medication made them worse. I have to do a treatment periodically to remove them. Burns and itches like crazy.”

embarrassed · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

“Has anyone experienced the medication causing the warts to get visibly larger before they go away? I am two days in and my husband, on the second day, couldn't believe how much larger and uglier they became. Does this mean they are already getting ready to fall off? I was incredibly sore throughout the night as well. Please tell me this isn't just me and it has happened to some of you as well.”

Whoops · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2018

“This stuff has definitely worked for me. I just finished the first 3-day treatment round. I had about 9 small warts and 2 larger warts, and now all that is left is 2 of the small ones and like half of one of the big ones, but the ones that are left are visibly on their way to being gone. It has left some tender skin and a few small sores behind where the warts used to be. They aren't kidding when they say not to get this on healthy skin because after a few treatments some of my skin feels incredibly raw and sore. Ibuprofen and breathable underwear seems to be helping though. Podofilox is alcohol based, so it definitely burns if you have to put it on any warts. But the results so far are worth it for me.”

Arxidia54 January 3, 2018

“On my 5th day of treatment for my genital warts and so far hasn’t done anything - it's not effective at all besides causing some slight stinging feeling there is no change to the warts. Disappointed.”

Guessguy September 21, 2017

“I was proscribed by my doctor to take this stuff for my condition and I have only used it for one day now. It does burn and can make you sore after use. I'm hoping it will work for me because I'm so tired of having these things. I will keep using it and let y'all know if I have any changes in condition good or bad.”

ClaudeRains · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2017

“Had the .5 percent solution. Didn't experience burning and the application was easy enough. It's easy to get it on healthy skin so that sucks. I found that the areas that were healthy got red and dry but not terribly raw. I was unsure it was even working but in day 4 of rest days I noticed that the wart had fallen off in the shower and it was basically 80% healed. Do not despair if you don't experience the burning or pitting and erosion. 25-30% of patients don't. There's more than enough for a few more rounds of treatment but fingers crossed I won't need it.”

Anonymous June 7, 2017

Condylox (podofilox): “I had been being treated in the clinic with something topical 2 times a week for about 6 weeks. The solution wasn't working. So my clinic referred me to a gyno who prescribed me this. I used it for 2 cycles and the warts were gone. I did have slight stinging for a few days but honestly it's worth the outcome!”

indian man · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2017

“It seems like this drug works immediately for the Caucasian skin type, but I have a darker complexion and my warts did not fall off by the second day, as some others have spoken. It may be due to the different skin type. My warts felt sore after day 3, and I didn't suffer much burn even though the solution went on normal skin. The warts did get darker and I feel like they this medicine is working. I will have to to update later.”

GW on vag · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2017

“I can barely apply this by myself to my Vag (with a mirror & carefully so not to get it on other skin areas), how am I supposed to apply to anus without getting on skin around warts?! I'm single & there is NO friend I feel close enough to ask for help. I can't go to the Dr for application 3x a week. WTH? How are you guys applying to your own bum?! I'm scared & this sucks.”

Learn more about Condylomata Acuminata