User Reviews for Emetrol

Learn more about Emetrol.

Emetrol Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 210 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Emetrol to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"My Doctor put me on seroquil. I am trying to do the slow withdraw from that horrible drug. I have felt like I was going to throw up for days now. I didn't want a prescription drug because the seroquil puts me in a hazy fog as it is. So I saw my pharmacist I explained what is happening. He recommended Emetrol. I was skeptical and it did feel a little better after each dose that I took. By the 4th dose I was no longer nauseous. It didn't make me feel drugged out it even tastes sweet. (A little too sweet actually) I wish I knew about this whenever my kids were sick. I recommend this to anyone who feels sick to their stomach. I want to say that I tried tums. Pepto, and alka seltzer none if those worked for my nausea."

Not nauseous anymore (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

"I have never heard of this product until yesterday.I get terrible nausea with my headaches. I am on narcotics for the headaches, but when the nausea comes on, I am unable to take my headache medicine, because I just usually feel even more nauseas, because of this are times, I have to go to the ER to help with the pain and nausea. My husband had to work, and I just couldn't think about going to the ER and sitting in the waiting room for hours.I tried to get my doctors to call me something in, but again, I needed something now not later.My husband, brought this home, along with some tums and a product called nauzene.I was very impressed with the Emetrol.I am happy to say that, I did not throw up, and I still have half a bottle of this left.."

Aprildank75 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

"It does work wonders but I kinda wish it could last for more hours."

Kay Moore (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

"I took this one night when my stomach was upset from lord knows what... I was feeling nauseated and over heated. I took the first dose and felt a little relief (but not as much as I knew I should after reading up on this medicine) I then realized I had drank some water before taking the first dose, which I then learned I wasn't supposed to. So I waited about 15 minutes and took another dose and felt immensely better!!! This is definitely going to be my new go-to medicine when my stomach is acting up."

Kizzykay98 July 2, 2016

"My mother gave this to me as a kid and I had not taken it for probably 30+ years. I was horribly sick with the flu and had someone pick some of this up for me and it still managed to do the trick. The secret is to lie still and don't take any food or drink in for an hour or so. Works wonders."

Bob_mac April 15, 2016

"I get horrible nausea due to daily medications I've been taking for years. These medications often dehydrate no matter how much water intake. When you pair this with a hot day and having to drive in the car for more than 20 minutes, it creates a recipe for disaster. Tums or Pepto provide very little relief for this type of upset stomach. I read about Emetrol on a few forums and found that it truly is a miracle drug! I have since taken an average size dose about 4 different times and it hasn't failed me yet. It's fast acting and truly saves the day! Without it, I would be throwing up weekly. Only reason for 9 /10 is that I am unsure as to how safe it is with Phosphoric Acid and high sugar levels."

The Believer March 21, 2016

"I took this medicine 3 times over the course of a few months, and each time I had very jumpy legs within about 20 minutes. It helped the nausea but I don't think I'll take it again."

Sammiejseal January 11, 2016

"Best med in the world for sick kids "

marleigh's mimi (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

"Wonderful! I have used it for 20 years!"

Sunshine72000 January 8, 2015

"I was having horrible indigestion and my stomach was rumbling and nauseated from I don't know what but I took it and felt better within minutes. No side effects. Whenever I get this again, because I had my gallbladder out and still have issues, this will be my go to medicine."

happy tummy (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2013

"I'm pregnant and bought Emetrol for morning sickness. I took one dose and within 2 hours I broke out in a rash on my hands, arms, neck, face and back. I guess I'm allergic to it."

HappyMomma (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2012

"I was vomiting every 5 mins. As soon as I took the medicine the nausea and vomiting stopped."

Anonymous September 29, 2011

"I was having terrible nausea and bought a bottle of this. Within about 5 minutes of taking a dose the nausea was gone. Worked better than expected."

Anonymous February 12, 2011

More about Emetrol (phosphorated carbohydrate solution)