User Reviews for Emetrol

Learn more about Emetrol.

Emetrol Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 220 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Emetrol to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"I was vomiting for over a day. I was ready to go to the hospital for an IV because I was so dehydrated. As a last ditch effort, I asked my husband to go to the drug store and ask the pharmacist if there was something OTC that could help... they recommended this. I took it, and it was all I needed. No more vomiting after the dose... a God send!"

Nickname is hard to find June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The first time I tried emetrol was when I had just woke up from binge drinking on a Saturday and was vomiting with no end in sight. My mom handed me the emetrol bottle and a spoon she said take 2 spoonfuls. Soon as I got through a wave of vomiting I tried the spoonful, shivering and gagging for the next wave of puking. by the time I finished pouring the second spoon I was a brand new man. I stood but up, victorious, I felt completely fine. Through all the sweating and tears and boogers on my face, I could run a marathon at that moment. Emetrol is liquid of the gods for nausea!"

Luis r May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was skeptical that this could work, but thankfully I was proven wrong! I will definitely keep this in my medicine cabinet."

Anonymous February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine works wonders. It's my go to anti-nausea med. Within 5-10 minutes of the first dose the anxiety starts to go away and after the second dose (if needed) a wave of calm will come over you and the nausea will drift away. I agree with no water before and after for at least a half hour or hour to make sure if works fast and lasts longer. Being Emetophobic myself, I always make sure to keep it close by."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recently had my tonsils out and the medication they gave me makes me extremely nauseous especially while being in the car. I stopped at target to get something on a long car drive and I was told not to get Dramamine but to try Emetrol by the pharmacist. When I got back in the car, I took it and I didn't have nausea for the rest of the night! (4:30pm-2am). This stuff is great and really works. It is very sugary but it does the trick."

Samb323 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My Doctor put me on seroquil. I am trying to do the slow withdraw from that horrible drug. I have felt like I was going to throw up for days now. I didn't want a prescription drug because the seroquil puts me in a hazy fog as it is. So I saw my pharmacist I explained what is happening. He recommended Emetrol. I was skeptical and it did feel a little better after each dose that I took. By the 4th dose I was no longer nauseous. It didn't make me feel drugged out it even tastes sweet. (A little too sweet actually) I wish I knew about this whenever my kids were sick. I recommend this to anyone who feels sick to their stomach. I want to say that I tried tums. Pepto, and alka seltzer none if those worked for my nausea."

Not nauseous anymore (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have never heard of this product until yesterday.I get terrible nausea with my headaches. I am on narcotics for the headaches, but when the nausea comes on, I am unable to take my headache medicine, because I just usually feel even more nauseas, because of this are times, I have to go to the ER to help with the pain and nausea. My husband had to work, and I just couldn't think about going to the ER and sitting in the waiting room for hours.I tried to get my doctors to call me something in, but again, I needed something now not later.My husband, brought this home, along with some tums and a product called nauzene.I was very impressed with the Emetrol.I am happy to say that, I did not throw up, and I still have half a bottle of this left.."

Aprildank75 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It does work wonders but I kinda wish it could last for more hours."

Kay Moore (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this one night when my stomach was upset from lord knows what... I was feeling nauseated and over heated. I took the first dose and felt a little relief (but not as much as I knew I should after reading up on this medicine) I then realized I had drank some water before taking the first dose, which I then learned I wasn't supposed to. So I waited about 15 minutes and took another dose and felt immensely better!!! This is definitely going to be my new go-to medicine when my stomach is acting up."

Kizzykay98 July 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My mother gave this to me as a kid and I had not taken it for probably 30+ years. I was horribly sick with the flu and had someone pick some of this up for me and it still managed to do the trick. The secret is to lie still and don't take any food or drink in for an hour or so. Works wonders."

Bob_mac April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get horrible nausea due to daily medications I've been taking for years. These medications often dehydrate no matter how much water intake. When you pair this with a hot day and having to drive in the car for more than 20 minutes, it creates a recipe for disaster. Tums or Pepto provide very little relief for this type of upset stomach. I read about Emetrol on a few forums and found that it truly is a miracle drug! I have since taken an average size dose about 4 different times and it hasn't failed me yet. It's fast acting and truly saves the day! Without it, I would be throwing up weekly. Only reason for 9 /10 is that I am unsure as to how safe it is with Phosphoric Acid and high sugar levels."

The Believer March 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this medicine 3 times over the course of a few months, and each time I had very jumpy legs within about 20 minutes. It helped the nausea but I don't think I'll take it again."

Sammiejseal January 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Best med in the world for sick kids "

marleigh's mimi (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wonderful! I have used it for 20 years!"

Sunshine72000 January 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was having horrible indigestion and my stomach was rumbling and nauseated from I don't know what but I took it and felt better within minutes. No side effects. Whenever I get this again, because I had my gallbladder out and still have issues, this will be my go to medicine."

happy tummy (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm pregnant and bought Emetrol for morning sickness. I took one dose and within 2 hours I broke out in a rash on my hands, arms, neck, face and back. I guess I'm allergic to it."

HappyMomma (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was vomiting every 5 mins. As soon as I took the medicine the nausea and vomiting stopped."

Anonymous September 29, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was having terrible nausea and bought a bottle of this. Within about 5 minutes of taking a dose the nausea was gone. Worked better than expected."

Anonymous February 12, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Emetrol (phosphorated carbohydrate solution)

Other brands: Nausetrol