User Reviews for Qsymia

Qsymia Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Obesity

"I started at 254lbs 5'3, am 55. Been on for 18 months and have increased my doses accordingly. I have lost 72 pounds and today weigh 182! back to high school days! Feel great. It curbed my appetite, helped me make great food choices and gave me great self esteem, not to mention improved all my health outcomes. I feel great. I have a goal weight of 160 lbs and its been tough lately to get the weight off but with the 'Q' it makes it easy. My biggest problem was 'grazing' always wanting to pick at the goodies. And with this medication it never made me think about grazing, thus cutting out those unwanted high sugar calories. perfect! So glad I did. Now onto the exercise to keep it off!"

sharon (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2018

"I finally found something that works! I lost 26 pounds in one month!! I walk in the park a few times a week (up to 3 miles), I do light weight (5lb-8lb) arm, leg and an exercises at home and changed my eating habits big time. I feel great and am hardly ever hungry. No real side effects besides a little dry mouth. I just drink even more water "

Dionne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

"Oh my God please really consider this drug carefully. I took one pill. The starter dose that they give you. It curbed my appetite then by 7pm I had a headache starting. By 10pm it was a full on migraine. Next morning I woke up and vomited. Still have the headache. This stuff is going in the trash can."

TeresaB1977 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2018

"So far so good! I have been on Qsymia for about a month and I have lost 22lbs. In the past I have tried: Vyvanse for binge eating, I lost weight but then stated gaining back because I was drinking a lot and vyvanse is basically speed, so if your prone to drinking it will make you want to drink more. Contrave, the wellbutrin in this gives me vertigo so I cannot take it. Qysmia has worked very well. It takes away cravings and has helped me be mindful for portion control."

CLENIK (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

"I just started this medicine. It initially made me drowsy during the day. I only started this medicine after spending 10-12 years with diet and exercise and still gained 6.5 pounds a year. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago. Hopefully, my doctor will figure out the dosage and proper caloric intake. When I have enough energy I can work out at least an hour, not including the daily walking I do. Wish me luck."

A44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

"Third review--been on it for two months now and have lost 15 lbs, about 2 lbs per week. My doc is excited. Still at the 7.5 dose. My appetite is contained & I can stay under 1200 calories easily--track it with an app. I stay away from bread, fast food, and most sugars. Still not motivated to exercise, but hey--it's January in Idaho. Staying on top of water intake. I sleep good. Get a little tingly now and then. Sometimes get a little fuzzy thought processes, but I can handle that to lose weight. I pay $135 at WalMart with the patient savings card. Insurance does not cover it."

53 year old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

"Did the 2 week trial for free and then got the Rx of Qsymia 7.5-46 mg 1 month ago. It kept my cravings down tremendously and I could no longer drink my favorite soda Coca Cola as it tastes flat. I turned to lemonade and not that is starting to taste funny. I get very dry mouth but no other side effects. I sleep very well and I don’t get many headaches due to the Topamax ingredient. However I have not lost any weight yet. But I like that I do not think about food until my stomach starts to growl and no cravings for anything in particular. I’m trying to exercise more although my busy work schedule prohibits me a lot of times. Doctor raised my mg to the next one to see how I do. "

Anonymous December 16, 2017

"I have been on this drug for five weeks and have not lost anything. I have gained four pounds. I find myself so hungry in the evening---thus picking at whatever I can get my hands on. I, also, feel a weird sensation throughout my body--like a numbing feeling, lack of concentration and forgetfulness. There are other symptoms I experience, too, but they are short term. At the present time, I feel this drug has done nothing for me. The cost has been close to $200.00 for four weeks--yes I used the trial prescription, too."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

"Finished my 2 weeks and I've lost approximately 9 lbs. I'm motivated since I've lost NO weight in the last ten years. Tomorrow I start the higher dose (7.5-46mg), so we'll see how it goes. Side effects still minimal. Appetite definitely suppressed. Made it thru Turkey day w/o binging. Keeping to my 1200 calories about 90-95% of the time."

53 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

"Since pre-menopause/menopause began, I've been gaining 3-5 pounds a year over the last ten years and was 193 lbs on my last doctor visit. Doctor recommended Qsymia as a way to jump start weight loss and motivate me to make lifestyle changes. She recommended no more than 1200 calories a day. I was told to avoid caffeine because of potential stimulant effect of Q. Wrong! I got the drowsiness side effect the first day. After that, I've kept to my 1-2 cups of coffee and I've done fine. I fall asleep no problem, but I do find that I wake up a few times during the night--but that can also be attributed to my pets and needing to urinate from all the extra water I'm drinking. My scale arrives tomorrow so I can track weight loss."

53 year female (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

"In 2001 I was 500lbs and had gastric bypass I have been up and down over the years...low 298lb high 380lb. I just did 6 weeks on Contrave where I lost 11lbs but needed to lose 17lbs for insurance to continue. I weighed in at 341lb today. Nervous about side effects but after reading many comments here am optimistic. Due to insurance my doc skipped the 2 week trial dosage and we shall see how this goes. Because of family illness we hid in and out of network deductibles in 2017 so my first 2 months should be 100% covered. I won't know cost until Jan 2018"

Big Mike Sut November 9, 2017

"I was pre-diabetic and had a heart to heart with my doc about how it was time to change my habits. I started this in June 2016, lost an average of 10lb per month - started at 226lb and got down to 186lb before easing off of it to maintain on my own. I hadn't had to worry about food in my youth but 3 kids, work and middle age had crept up on me and I obsessed about food. This was a magic pill which just STOPPED me thinking about food outside of what was necessary for just living - no craving, no obsessing, no hassle. It helped me reset my life and habits."

scottiemom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2017

"Down 11 pounds in 14 days. Really helping to control my eating and over eating"

Camp Ladybug August 18, 2017

"I started Qsymia one year and 3 months ago. I was nervous, Because I have taken diet medication before and all have failed. I started out 269 pounds. I am now 191 pounds . I am on the 11.25-69 MG about to get switched to the last MG. I have had no side effects. All I've done is stop drinking cokes all together, and I've limited how much I eat thanks to Qsymia. I feel fuller faster. I walk more and have more energy since I've lost my weight. I've got more to lose. I am not giving up."

BlueE911 July 3, 2017

"I was so excited to try this medication, because I always watch my diet, count calories, and exercise regularly but my metabolism is awful and I can never drop weight. After a discount card I paid $111 for it. After a week on the medication, I feel awful. I have GAINED 4 pounds. My head feels foggy all the time, energy is low, my stomach has an acid reflux type feeling and my appetite feels increased where I am eating everything in sight and craving sweets...stopping this medication today."

Anonymous May 12, 2017

"Started Jan 2017 at 222lb and in two months lost 20 lbs because I had no appetite, then stopped losing but kept taking the pills another month with no loss. Had headaches extreme irritability had to tell my boss I was taking a new medication I was so tired and had black under eyes. Constipated dry mouth and nose. Now into May 2017, weighing 202 , and just stopped taking it and haven't gained it back. Maybe I will take a few weeks off and try to go back and see if I can loose more. My out of pocket was $90/ month."

Ronnafemle May 4, 2017

"Started in mid-February 2017 with 2-wk "free" dose and then went to monthly regular dose of 7.5 mg. Started at 258 lbs and have lost about 10 lbs in about 3 wks with minimal exercise...just brisk walking for 30-45 mins at lunch. The biggest change is it stops me from thinking about eating as a really enjoyable experience. In the past I would have obsessed about the weekend BBQ or would have gone for two helpings of pasta because it was so good. Now, I eat about 1/2 of that and don't find even that to be super delicious. That's a little sad, huh? Anyway, feeling healthier and besides being a little short tempered now and then, no other side effects (51 yr old male)"

MicStevens March 6, 2017

"I took this back in 2012. I was 270 pounds when I started and lost 120 pounds in 9 months with diet and exercise In 2015 I got pregnant and gained 30 back. My doctor prescribed it again and I lost it again. It may not be for everyone but it worked for me. I was also able to maintain a healthy weight after again with diet and exercise. If your prob to being over weight you will always have to try. Don't look at it as getting thin.. look at it as a lifestyle change for your health. Diets fail but lifestyle changes last if you want them too."

Not so big girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2017

"The side effects were fairly intense for the first month, primarily depression "attacks" and dehydration, but they stopped almost on cue at the end of the month. I was amazed how quickly it started working. I lost 8-12 pounds per month for the first 6 months, then it slowed to 3-5 pounds per month for a few months. When it slowed to about 2 pounds, I decided to go off it for awhile and allow my body to re-set. I started again 6 months later, but it no longer had any effect. My total weight loss on Qsymia was about 70 pounds. I would highly recommend it, as it was so effective for the first months, and allowed me to eat a healthy diet without the usual physical and mental struggles. But very expensive. Coupon very helpful."

Mama Bass February 14, 2017

"Qsymia is definitely what I’ve been looking for. I’ve been dieting for 10 + years, crazy diets, works out routine, diet pills, teas, shakes, phone apps, you name it, I’ve done it and spent way too much on it. Qsymia, alters your mind set, no crazy BM, or running to the bathroom or anything like that at all! It simply helps you to not thinking about food, feel full much faster, I eat ¾ less of what I used too. Feeling satisfied, feels amazing. It took about 3 week before I really noticed the changes. The first 2 weeks I wasn’t so sure it was going to work. They like to see a weight loss of 6% and I lost 7.8% (17 lbs in 10 weeks, and I don’t know if I would really count the first 2 weeks)."

YES! (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

"I lost weight, but at a cost from the side effects. Took it for about 2 months, and loved how really didn't care about what I ate (I ate mostly low carb while on it). For the first time ever, a lean chicken breast sounded as good as cake. What I didn't like was how I felt I never got deep sleep, or how I started to forget what word I was thinking of. So sadly, I had negative side effects from both medicines used to create Qsymia. After taking a break, I tried to go back on, staying on the lower dose, but I can't handle the lack of sleep. After quitting the medicine, I regained the weight. Maybe if I'd been able to tolerate it for longer I would've learned better habits, but I found the return of the cravings hard to deal with. Not worth it."

Ali123456needstogetfit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2017

"Well im writing for all those people who have not lost weight, gained it back, have had side effects, etc. When one decides to lose weight and is using weight loss meds one has to first map out where they want to be at the end of the process. Then you have to take pictures, write things down(keep a journal), and most of all have a program in place before starting. Know your MACRONUTRIENTS and build a meal plan with that or get one free online, drink lots of water anywhere from 64oz- 1gal, and even if your not hungry eat 5-7small portions of food,(EVEN IF YOUR NOT HUNGRY), THIS ELIMINATES ALMOST ALL side effects, and try and walk 10k steps or as much as you can to get to 10k measure bpm, spo2 stress levels and you will see big results."

Joeboston (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2017

"I just started today on November 30th, 2016, and I am soooo happy, I had more energy today, didn't eat as much as I usually do, and didn't crave any soda or sweet, I hope it keeps going like that"

Ross1113 December 1, 2016

"I have been trying to lose weight on my own for a year. I have hypothyroid issues, was 252 plus pounds, 5'9", 60 y/o female. I ate 1300 to 1500 calories per day, vigorously exercised 3 x a week and lost 17 lbs. over 9 months. Then it stopped cold, no matter what I did I couldn't lose any more weight. After talking to my doctor about my frustration about my slow metabolism, she prescribed Qsymia. I started in mid September and I've lost 17 lbs more in 2 months. I'm now down to 217 and falling. I feel good, and plan to keep going. Biggest side effects are fatigue and constipation. I can handle that. I like being able to feel my hip bones again."

Bellaisla (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

"Lost 85lbs in under a year. Gained it all back as soon as I stopped taking it. "

Sueshoe6767 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2016