User Reviews for Qsymia

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Qsymia.

Obesity
7.3

Weight Loss
7.2

Summary of Qsymia reviews 7.2 468 reviews

Reviews for Qsymia

For Obesity "Oh my God please really consider this drug carefully. I took one pill. The starter dose that they give you. It curbed my appetite then by 7pm I had a headache starting. By 10pm it was a full on migraine. Next morning I woke up and vomited. Still have the headache. This stuff is going in the trash can."

TeresaB1977 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2018

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Qsymia two weeks. I feel like I have my life back. I have a ton more energy. I’m watching what I eat and drinking a ton of water. I lost 10 pounds. My blood pressure actually went down to 111/78"

Lauren A (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

For Obesity "So far so good! I have been on Qsymia for about a month and I have lost 22lbs. In the past I have tried: Vyvanse for binge eating, I lost weight but then stated gaining back because I was drinking a lot and vyvanse is basically speed, so if your prone to drinking it will make you want to drink more. Contrave, the wellbutrin in this gives me vertigo so I cannot take it. Qysmia has worked very well. It takes away cravings and has helped me be mindful for portion control."

CLENIK (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

For Obesity "I just started this medicine. It initially made me drowsy during the day. I only started this medicine after spending 10-12 years with diet and exercise and still gained 6.5 pounds a year. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago. Hopefully, my doctor will figure out the dosage and proper caloric intake. When I have enough energy I can work out at least an hour, not including the daily walking I do. Wish me luck."

A44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

For Weight Loss "Hi guys --it's day 1 for me and I'm still feeling hungry. Does it get better. I admit I didn't plan my day out very well, food wise, but hope to do a lot of meal prep tomorrow. Anyway, again, did your appetite suppress immediately or did it take a few days? Thanks!"

moonbeamer (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

For Weight Loss "36yr/5.5ft Starting weight 178 (Goal 145) Its been one month exactly and I am 10 lbs down. I know that's good but I expected more. I still have not changed my diet nor added any exercise. So! I guess that is good! The only thing I notice is dry mouth and that just makes me drink more water. So, I don't really mind that. I definitely do not eat as much as I use to. If I have pizza - it's 2 slices instead of 3 or 4! It's all I can handle. So I've got a ways to go!"

Twinks36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

For Obesity "Third review--been on it for two months now and have lost 15 lbs, about 2 lbs per week. My doc is excited. Still at the 7.5 dose. My appetite is contained & I can stay under 1200 calories easily--track it with an app. I stay away from bread, fast food, and most sugars. Still not motivated to exercise, but hey--it's January in Idaho. Staying on top of water intake. I sleep good. Get a little tingly now and then. Sometimes get a little fuzzy thought processes, but I can handle that to lose weight. I pay $135 at WalMart with the patient savings card. Insurance does not cover it."

53 year old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

For Weight Loss "This prescription work well. I had no appetite and more energy. However the side effects with Qysmia is short term memory loss is bad. Slow recall with words. I was hoping the side effects with Topamax in Qysmia would be small however it was not. It made me feel like I was losing my mind. Couldn't remember if I took my meds in the morning or evening. Had to think about my kids names before calling them. Looking at objects and trying to recall the name, like toaster, rolls, car etc. I decided that I did not want this to become permanent so it was time to get off this medicine and try something else. There is other medicine better then this one. Not worth the side effects...."

petula1234 December 29, 2017

For Weight Loss "No rating yet. Started Qsymia today weight today 225.6lb....I lost 32lbs by eating better and working out. I no longer fry foods or drink soda for the last 2 years. I only buy chicken and turkey meat. Only bake crockpot and grill. Was doing great until I hit a plateau I did try belviq it helped but after so long it no longer helped. Then I read about Qsymia and decided to give it a go. Wish me luck!! And I hope everyone in this weight loss struggle wins the fight. We got this!!! Have a Happy New Year!!! I'll keep you guys posted."

MochaBrown44 December 25, 2017

For Weight Loss "I am 46 years old I'm 5'8" tall and weighed up to 197lb. I was in a 40 DDD bra and busting out of size 14 pants. My shirts were all 1X. This was the biggest I've ever been. I've been working out with a group trainer doing metabolic work outs while on qsymia. Stopped coffee for a month, stopped drinking beer also. Started drinking vodka with club soda instead. I weigh 180lb now. 3 months later. My shirt size is a large. My bra is a 36 DD. And I wear a size 12 pants. No real side effects to the drug. I had a little tingling in my face at first. But it went away. No jitters or anything. Wish it were cheaper. It keeps me on track and very healthy. I do work out at my lunch time M W F. Big difference with this medication in reshaping your body."

River girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017

For Obesity "Did the 2 week trial for free and then got the Rx of Qsymia 7.5-46 mg 1 month ago. It kept my cravings down tremendously and I could no longer drink my favorite soda Coca Cola as it tastes flat. I turned to lemonade and not that is starting to taste funny. I get very dry mouth but no other side effects. I sleep very well and I don’t get many headaches due to the Topamax ingredient. However I have not lost any weight yet. But I like that I do not think about food until my stomach starts to growl and no cravings for anything in particular. I’m trying to exercise more although my busy work schedule prohibits me a lot of times. Doctor raised my mg to the next one to see how I do. "

Anonymous December 16, 2017

For Weight Loss "I took Qsymia for 3 months and lost 18 lbs. however my Dr switched me to Belviq because I was having blurred vision/trails, some breathing issues, lack of motivation. When I first started taking I had suicidal thoughts but took an antidepressant that fixed it. I have not started Belviq yet as I wanted to first clear my system of Qsymia and it's side effects however after over a month I'm still encountering its side affects at some degree. I believe my eyesight has was permanently damaged from it."

SheBrakesForRainbows December 13, 2017

For Obesity "I have been on this drug for five weeks and have not lost anything. I have gained four pounds. I find myself so hungry in the evening---thus picking at whatever I can get my hands on. I, also, feel a weird sensation throughout my body--like a numbing feeling, lack of concentration and forgetfulness. There are other symptoms I experience, too, but they are short term. At the present time, I feel this drug has done nothing for me. The cost has been close to $200.00 for four weeks--yes I used the trial prescription, too."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

For Obesity "Finished my 2 weeks and I've lost approximately 9 lbs. I'm motivated since I've lost NO weight in the last ten years. Tomorrow I start the higher dose (7.5-46mg), so we'll see how it goes. Side effects still minimal. Appetite definitely suppressed. Made it thru Turkey day w/o binging. Keeping to my 1200 calories about 90-95% of the time."

53 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

For Obesity "Since pre-menopause/menopause began, I've been gaining 3-5 pounds a year over the last ten years and was 193 lbs on my last doctor visit. Doctor recommended Qsymia as a way to jump start weight loss and motivate me to make lifestyle changes. She recommended no more than 1200 calories a day. I was told to avoid caffeine because of potential stimulant effect of Q. Wrong! I got the drowsiness side effect the first day. After that, I've kept to my 1-2 cups of coffee and I've done fine. I fall asleep no problem, but I do find that I wake up a few times during the night--but that can also be attributed to my pets and needing to urinate from all the extra water I'm drinking. My scale arrives tomorrow so I can track weight loss."

53 year female (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

For Obesity "In 2001 I was 500lbs and had gastric bypass I have been up and down over the years...low 298lb high 380lb. I just did 6 weeks on Contrave where I lost 11lbs but needed to lose 17lbs for insurance to continue. I weighed in at 341lb today. Nervous about side effects but after reading many comments here am optimistic. Due to insurance my doc skipped the 2 week trial dosage and we shall see how this goes. Because of family illness we hid in and out of network deductibles in 2017 so my first 2 months should be 100% covered. I won't know cost until Jan 2018"

Big Mike Sut November 9, 2017

For Weight Loss "Started Qsymia today (11/4/17). I cannot rate it yet but will post updates as time goes by. Im hoping this works. I'm at my wits end. 57 y/o 199lbs. I heavier then I have EVER been. Heavier then when I was pregnant. I work out and watch what I eat and still can't lose weight. I'm afraid if I don't get rid of some this weight I will become a diabetic. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!"

ICanDoThisNow November 4, 2017

For Weight Loss "Update: Started Qsymia on 3/23/17 and today is 10/27/17. Little over 7 months. I’m on the 7.5/46mg dosage. I’m a 29 yo female 5’8”. Starting weight was 353.0lbs. Today my scale said 304.9lbs. 48.1lbs down. The lowest I’ve seen is 302. I’m at a period where my weight is stalling a little. I don’t think it’s because the dosage isn’t working but because this happens ever so often. I’ll lose pretty consistently then get to a bit of a plateau and then lose again. It’s frustrating but I just keep doing what I’m doing and don’t give up and the weight continues to come off again. Again, my diet has only changed in that I eat a lot less food and drink way more water. I’m about to start exercise on a more consistent basis. Till next time!"

Th3Struggl3IsR3al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2017

For Obesity "I was pre-diabetic and had a heart to heart with my doc about how it was time to change my habits. I started this in June 2016, lost an average of 10lb per month - started at 226lb and got down to 186lb before easing off of it to maintain on my own. I hadn't had to worry about food in my youth but 3 kids, work and middle age had crept up on me and I obsessed about food. This was a magic pill which just STOPPED me thinking about food outside of what was necessary for just living - no craving, no obsessing, no hassle. It helped me reset my life and habits."

scottiemom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2017

For Weight Loss "Ok today is my 1st day starting on 3.75mg-23mg capsule. Today is 10/5/2017 and I have the free 2 week trial starting weight is 222lb and I would love to lose at least 50lbs. So far I had a protein shake for breakfast, a salad with grilled salmon and one boiled egg for lunch brought from home and drinking water all day. I will try to remember to check in weekly with updates. I can't rate this yet but I will in a couple of weeks"

StayTrue2Myself (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2017

For Obesity "Down 11 pounds in 14 days. Really helping to control my eating and over eating"

Camp Ladybug August 18, 2017

For Weight Loss "Let me start by saying I am 59 years old. Until now, I have not had a problem losing when I needed to. I am not big on diet pills so I was a little hesitant at first. The 2 week free trial helped me decide to give it a try. The first 2 weeks I lost 6 pounds. I lost a total of 45 pounds on this medicine!! and kept it off for a year!! I have recommended it and so far have had several friends go on it an loose weight with equal success. You have to cut back on food intake and exercise. I highly recommend it!!"

Texas Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

For Weight Loss "Update: 7.5 kicked in, cravings gone, back to being full right away, and forgetting to eat..should keep a food diary. Now down to 163. I took the 2 week trial and it worked great, no side effects, and I felt great, I went from 185-180 in the 2 weeks, I felt full right away, dehydrated so I was drinking ton's of water, craved no sweets, small portions filled me up fast, now I'm on the 7.5 dosage and I feel hungry all the time, don't feel as dehydrated and the cravings are starting to creep back up. I hope it's a minor set back and it will go away once my system get's used to the higher dosage; insurance didn't cover this so I just shelled out $145.00 for 30 days worth of pills so I hope they work"

scasao (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

For Weight Loss "40 year old female. 5 foot 6. 168 pounds. Started taking first, lower dosage of Qsymia on 7/14/17 after putting on 28 pounds due to antidepressant use and not being able to get the weight off no matter what I tried. (I swear it killed my metabolism.) Frustrated, I asked my doctor to try this. On 7/28/17 I bumped up to the higher dose. Been on that for nearly two weeks. It's now 8/10/17 and I'm at 159.9. I am fairly active. I run at least two miles each day, more if my schedule allows. I count calories. I'm ok with the results because nothing was happening before. I'm not obese, but I've always weighed the same until the Prozac so I'm upset and I want my normal weight back (140). This seems to be helping. I'll report back after 3 months"

MotherOfKittens (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

For Weight Loss "I started Qsymia July 9, 2017 weighing in at 193.7 lbs. today: 7/27-186.8 lbs. = 7 lbs. I am usually a big coffee drinker in the morning and I decided with this type of med. I wasn't going to add another stimulant to my body. So, I gave up the java! I'm pretty sure that is why I thought my head was going to explode for 4 days. But I powered through it! I experienced a little dry mouth but nothing severe. Just drank a lot of water. I felt the tingling once or twice, then it went away. I haven't been jittery. But I have noticed my eyes get tired looking at the computer, faster at work. I have been doing group training and metabolic workouts 3 times a week at my lunch hour. (45 min classes) pants looser!"

River_girl July 28, 2017