User Reviews for Qsymia

Weight Loss 301 reviews 44 medications

7.2
Summary of Qsymia reviews 448 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Qsymia

For Obesity "Down 11 pounds in 14 days. Really helping to control my eating and over eating"

Camp Ladybug August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Let me start by saying I am 59 years old. Until now, I have not had a problem losing when I needed to. I am not big on diet pills so I was a little hesitant at first. The 2 week free trial helped me decide to give it a try. The first 2 weeks I lost 6 pounds. I lost a total of 45 pounds on this medicine!! and kept it off for a year!! I have recommended it and so far have had several friends go on it an loose weight with equal success. You have to cut back on food intake and exercise. I highly recommend it!!"

Texas Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Update: 7.5 kicked in, cravings gone, back to being full right away, and forgetting to eat..should keep a food diary. Now down to 163. I took the 2 week trial and it worked great, no side effects, and I felt great, I went from 185-180 in the 2 weeks, I felt full right away, dehydrated so I was drinking ton's of water, craved no sweets, small portions filled me up fast, now I'm on the 7.5 dosage and I feel hungry all the time, don't feel as dehydrated and the cravings are starting to creep back up. I hope it's a minor set back and it will go away once my system get's used to the higher dosage; insurance didn't cover this so I just shelled out $145.00 for 30 days worth of pills so I hope they work"

scasao (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "40 year old female. 5 foot 6. 168 pounds. Started taking first, lower dosage of Qsymia on 7/14/17 after putting on 28 pounds due to antidepressant use and not being able to get the weight off no matter what I tried. (I swear it killed my metabolism.) Frustrated, I asked my doctor to try this. On 7/28/17 I bumped up to the higher dose. Been on that for nearly two weeks. It's now 8/10/17 and I'm at 159.9. I am fairly active. I run at least two miles each day, more if my schedule allows. I count calories. I'm ok with the results because nothing was happening before. I'm not obese, but I've always weighed the same until the Prozac so I'm upset and I want my normal weight back (140). This seems to be helping. I'll report back after 3 months"

MotherOfKittens (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started Qsymia July 9, 2017 weighing in at 193.7 lbs. today: 7/27-186.8 lbs. = 7 lbs. I am usually a big coffee drinker in the morning and I decided with this type of med. I wasn't going to add another stimulant to my body. So, I gave up the java! I'm pretty sure that is why I thought my head was going to explode for 4 days. But I powered through it! I experienced a little dry mouth but nothing severe. Just drank a lot of water. I felt the tingling once or twice, then it went away. I haven't been jittery. But I have noticed my eyes get tired looking at the computer, faster at work. I have been doing group training and metabolic workouts 3 times a week at my lunch hour. (45 min classes) pants looser!"

River_girl July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Starting weight on 6.12.17 was 184.5. Type 2 diabetic with Hashimoto thyroid disease. I was eating about 1200 calories daily and walking 6 plus miles a day I continued to gain weight. After the trial dose of which I had no side effects I had lost 13 pounds. Started 7.5mg dose on 6.26.17. Stuck at 168.5 for 12 days. Eating less than 700 calories a day and still walking 3 to 10 miles. On day 3 of this dosage I started having nausea, tingling in my hands, and upper respiratory cough and throat irritation. I got down to 161 and although my routine stayed the same I started gaining weight. Now at 164.5 again. Discouraged but still trying. Unsure if this is the right answer for me."

DFLovingLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Started the trial two week period and have lost 9.5 pounds the first week. I know its a lot of water weight, but I feel less hungry and it takes less food to make me full. Medication is working great. No side effects besides dry mouth."

tt53078 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started Qsymia one year and 3 months ago. I was nervous, Because I have taken diet medication before and all have failed. I started out 269 pounds. I am now 191 pounds . I am on the 11.25-69 MG about to get switched to the last MG. I have had no side effects. All I've done is stop drinking cokes all together, and I've limited how much I eat thanks to Qsymia. I feel fuller faster. I walk more and have more energy since I've lost my weight. I've got more to lose. I am not giving up."

BlueE911 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I am a 28 year old female and my highest weight was 217 lb I am very active and work out 4 times a week at least but suffer from hashimotos thyroid along with Ibs-c. I have been to a handful of Specialists over the course of 10 years and used to have to run 2 hours a day just to keep my weight stable. My doctor recently added T3 to my regular levothyroxin everyday and I noticed more energy but my weight still clung on. She started me on a two-week trial of Qsymia (while trying to get approval from my insurance company) the first few days I felt foggy and very thirsty. I am now on day 11 and dropped 7 lbs still working out the same I never had much of an appetite and don't eat many fatty foods which is why we looked into this medication"

Melissa r July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Here is an update. I'm now 29 years old. 5'8. Female. I started Qsymia on 3/23/17 @ 353.0lbs.. As of today, 6/24/17, I am at 331.8lbs.. That's ~20lbs lost in three months. I'm on the 7.5 mg/46 mg dosage. The only side effects are things tasting different, no appetite, fuller faster, and occasional tingling. I'd say I'm just not interested in food like I used to be. I haven't changed my diet too much while taking this medication. I do drink a ton more water though. Anyway, I'm still chugging along on it."

Th3Struggl3IsR3al (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I wasn't too over-weight, but my weight was clearly going to get out of hand if I didn't do something about it. I was about 30 pounds to big (197 pounds). My goal is 167. I asked my doctor to prescribe Qsymia; now, I'm 174 after 3 months. My body weight scale just reported that I'm in the 'normal' range for BMI. I know BMI doesn't mean too much, but it felt good. I would like Qsymia to help me fend off routine eating, so I can maintain 167 for long periods of time... that's the goal at least. I have to buy new pants now.."

arbies (52 year old male) (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "What started as a gallbladder removal July 2016 after being sick for 4 months & weight packing on somehow they discovered I had papillary thyroid cancer. I underwent a full thyroid removal Oct 2016, then a umbilical cord hernia surgery Jan 2017, radiation for the cancer Feb 2017. My diet has been mostly Sprite, oats, strawberries and occasional premade Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. The weight still kept adding on to me. My cancer/endo doctor added Qsymia to my Thyroid med. Since I started March 15 I have lost 21 lbs. I am not able to work out as I still have a sliding Hiatal hernia I am waiting on surgery for along with another medical issue the medicine does not effect. 48 Year old Female 5'2 want to lose 25 more."

Banana16 June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Started 5/31/17; weighed in at 160 and this morning weighed in at 157.4. The med is working well for me, eating lite breakfast, lunch & skipping dinner. Hoping to lose 30 pounds within 3 months. I will post my outcome."

Mrs. Irene (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "It has now been 40 days and I am down 22lbs. I love never feeling hungry or having cravings anymore. Qysmia is wonderful and I have no side effects."

Boymom321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I just began my 2 week trial today. I have Hashimoto's Disease and for the past 4 years, all dieting and exercise has done was add about 80 lbs to my 5'4" frame. My endocrinologist told me that until my thyroid meds got me into the right range for a functioning thyroid, I would be endlessly frustrated with the scale and that no matter what I did (and boy did I DO!!!) I would put on weight. Yesterday, Doctor told me I am now in range, and said that this med would help my metabolism get a bit of a jumpstart that I need. I eat well. I don't do sugar at all, and only a few grams of carbs a week. But now, I think I might see something happen that's a positive sign. Right now, I am 222. Will let you know."

ChefLydia May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I was so excited to try this medication, because I always watch my diet, count calories, and exercise regularly but my metabolism is awful and I can never drop weight. After a discount card I paid $111 for it. After a week on the medication, I feel awful. I have GAINED 4 pounds. My head feels foggy all the time, energy is low, my stomach has an acid reflux type feeling and my appetite feels increased where I am eating everything in sight and craving sweets...stopping this medication today."

Anonymous May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Ok so this is the one month update as promised....I've now lost 16.4lbs!!! Still only side affects are dry mouth! I'm a 33yr old female with 4 children ages 14 years to 10months. I started April 6th 2017 at 324.6lbs and 7 days later I'm down exactly 4lbs! Side affects? I've been really scared to weigh because food has tasted so wonderful to me this past week! But I've gotten fuller faster and I'm drinking at least 100oz of water every day. This makes me so thirsty it is insane and I'm urinating a lot more frequently but that's par for the course. I'm using the app MyFitnessPal combined with with Qsymia and I know it has only been a week but I will update after my month of the 7.5 dosage!"

Darev22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "So I just found this medication (Qysmia) searching the web. I am going to the pharmacy in the morning to start my two week trial. I am beyond excited! I have tried everything else in the book including exercise and eating healthier....I have a slow metabolism so it takes a while for anything to change with me. I'm hoping for a little push using Qysmia. I am 196 now and my regular weight is 115-125. I am 24 with a 3 year old now and the weight just does not want to come off no matter what I have tried. Hopefully this works. I will definitely update in the next few days or so and tell y'all how it's going."

Kalie Nicole May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started Jan 2017 at 222lb and in two months lost 20 lbs because I had no appetite, then stopped losing but kept taking the pills another month with no loss. Had headaches extreme irritability had to tell my boss I was taking a new medication I was so tired and had black under eyes. Constipated dry mouth and nose. Now into May 2017, weighing 202 , and just stopped taking it and haven't gained it back. Maybe I will take a few weeks off and try to go back and see if I can loose more. My out of pocket was $90/ month."

Ronnafemle May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I previously posted at 3 days in and now it has been 15 days since I started Qysmia and I am down 8 lbs. I am very pleased I literally have no appetite or interest in food and have to remind myself to eat. I am always thirsty and drink about a gallon of water a day."

Boymom321 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I'm 28 year old female. 5'8". I started Qsymia three weeks ago at 353 lbs. Today, I am at 344.9. This is with little to no change in my diet. I'd say the "little" change I spoke of was that I drink a lot of water now. I did notice dry mouth, occasional tingling, and a suppressed appetite. Now that I know what the drug can do mostly on its own I'm curious to see what it will do if I make the necessary changes."

Th3Struggl3IsR3al (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I took the free 2 week period and started on 3/21/17 at 283. I switched over to the 7.5 and now weigh 279 (4 lb total weight loss in 4 weeks). My RX is $144. I never had much of an appetite to start out with and now with Qsymia, I have even less. If it wasn't for my boyfriend reminding me it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, I believe I would forget to eat (which I know it is not good). I have a desk job and have always had walking in my daily routine. I have not changed that routine as of yet. I hope to see significant results in the next few months. The only side affects I experienced is the craving for water and restless nights (although I never slept well to begin with). Keep you all posted."

Nikki604 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I posted previously after 2 days on the component drugs that make up Qsymia. I am 61 and had reported no side effects. It has now been 6 weeks. I have had side effects but only minor - some dry mouth, difficulty sleeping if I don't have a glass of wine before bed ;), some numbness a few times in my face and that's it. I'm down 14 pounds. I have made a very conscious effort to take off weight and sometimes question whether the Rx works but I do know that I simply have no cravings. I have no pull to buy junk food. I have gone to a whole food diet, have had no sugar for 6 weeks, low carbs, just added a work out program 2 weeks ago and continue to drink 100 oz of water daily. Because it has been fairly easy, I do credit the drug. "

IWTR (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started Qysmia 3 days ago and I am down 3.2 lbs. The only side effect I have is dry mouth which is great because it makes me drink water all day long. I am not exercising just using my fitness pal and following a 1200 calorie diet."

Boymom321 April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I'm a middle aged woman. Along with my first hot flash about 10 years ago, came the weight gain. Since 2008 I had gained about 50 lbs. Then, in the summer of 2016, I was in a clinical trial for Dasotraline. By the time Phase 1 had ended, I had gained 30 lbs, now weighed 225. I've tried every combo of diet and exercise through the years, I threw in the towel and was basically waiting to die. About 3 weeks ago, my head popped out of my butt and I decided I deserved to be happy and healthy. Back in the gym, clean eating, and no diet soda. The scale did not move. I had my physical. Doc prescribed Qsymia. Insurance did not cover. My 1st weeks was reduced to $60 not free!! I've been on for 3 days. No changes yet I'l keep you posted"

Laurgol April 9, 2017