User Reviews for Pancrelipase

Also known as: Creon, Zenpep, Pancreaze, Pertzye, Viokace

Pancrelipase has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 51 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of those users who reviewed Pancrelipase reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Cystic Fibrosis   9.6
Chronic Pancreatitis   7.3
Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction   6.6
Summary of Pancrelipase reviews 7.3 51 reviews

Reviews for Pancrelipase

Jantrae · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 28, 2021

Zenpep (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I have been taking zenpep for the past 10 years after having pancreatic cancer. It works great but is very expensive.”

DPerreault · Taken for 10 years or more December 9, 2020

Pancrease MT 16 (pancrelipase) for Cystic Fibrosis: “I have Cystic Fibrosis and turned 60 a few months back. I have survived a double lung transplant, a kidney transplant, a number of bowel obstruction surgeries, a hematoma and heart surgery for my lung adhering to heart. I been taking pancreas for as long as I can remember. I have not had a bowel obstruction surgery since I’ve had my lung transplant in 2010. However, how well can pancreas be working for me, considering I had so many obstructions? Maybe it is time that I try one of the other enzymes like Creon or ZenPep. Has anyone tried the 3 at different periods of their life and pick one that worked the best out of the 3?”

Ron R · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 9, 2020

Zenpep (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Using Zenpep has made a significant difference in the way I feel having Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction (PED). Without this medication I have a difficult time getting through a day without gastric issues.”

Swmpr · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 3, 2020

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “My Pancreas has been damaged by long term by Lyme disease, after a long time of suffering Creon made things much better.”

Crunchy · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2020

Zenpep (pancrelipase) for Cystic Fibrosis: “I've taken Zenpep for most of my life. I take 5 caps with meals and snacks because I have fat in every meal. It works great and the only time I've had an issue is if I had an extra fatty meal and didn't take an additional capsule. I recommend Zenpep to anyone with CF.”

D · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “within 2 days I of taking Creon felt horrible doc told me to keep taking them, I went into the worst annaphalactic shock. I'm suprise I didn't die. Now taken OTC not enough lipase my LDL is climbing with BP Im a woman under 100 lbs my BP went tp 196/164”

Luis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 10, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “After I got my diagnosis (Adenocarcinoma In the head of the pancreas) by the end of December 2019. My Oncologist recommend me Creon starting in January 2020. Two capsules with meals and 1 capsule with a snack. That’s really help me with my digestion and I’m able to eat again fat and proteins (only Chicken and fish) I don’t eat red meat!!! I had a Wipple surgery in the middle of April 2020. I continued taking my Creon Till now. (August 2020). And it works great. Giving me the chance to enjoy my favorite food at any time every day. My oncologist told me that I have to use Creon for the rest of my life because my Pancreas is not producing enough digestive enzymes due to my health condition and after my Wipple surgery. Now a week ago the Oncologist sent me for another control CTScan and thankful everything in Clear. I Have to continue with my Chemotherapy and with my Creon.”

CW · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2020

Zenpep (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Zenpep Did not do anything for me”

Jm · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 3, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Creon is Wonderful for my Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction - no urgency since started taking”

Will · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 27, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “After Whipple surgery, my GI doc and my oncologist both recommended that I take 75,000 IU of Creon per major meal and 25,000 per snack. It works to control diarrhea, though it's very expensive. But, if I take it with the meal, it causes gas bloating. So, now I'm experimenting with taking it before meals, 30-60 minutes, which seems to work, except that I always have to know exactly when I'll eat next, so I can take pills at the right time in advance. Does anyone else have this bloating problem and if so, how do you deal with it?”

J. R. · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I was diagnosed with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) after about 3 months of diarrhea. At first the Creon didn't do anything, but eventually the diarrhea slowed and stomach pain decreased. Watching my diet to avoid fatty foods as best I can has also helped. Still have completely loose stool, but not as often as before. I have developed a cough and sore throat along with a raspiness in my voice that continues to get worse. (not good for a singer). I have found no remedies for that and have not been advised of any help. I don't know what I'll do if the pain continues to increase. I can live without singing (not a professional), but the throat pain is really getting bad.”

Lorraine · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 29, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: ““I have been persevering with Creon on and off for three years now after Whipples surgery. Every time I started it back on me diarrhea was actually worse. This medication did absolutely nothing to help even with increasing in dosage. I continued to have frequent explosive diarrhea problems. I am told to keep taking it and worry that by not taking it it will do more harm.”

Litae · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I've been taking 36,000 units Creon per meal for almost five months now after having the Whipple procedure. Just two weeks ago I started vomiting occasionally and, sorry this sounds so gross, the food upchucked was undigested. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have an appointment scheduled with my doctor, and will find out more then. Just wondering if anyone else experienced delayed side effects, or is it possible I have developed a sensitivity to it. Worked great at first.”

GZKOM · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 21, 2020

Zenpep (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Like my mother, I have had duodenal ulcer, heart burn, and symptom of EFI and steatorrhea for many years. Otherwise, I don't have pains, and I don't know if I have pancreatitis or CF. Without medicines, I would have 3-5 bowel movements every day, and it is extremely painful when I travel, which I do very often. So I started to take Zenpep, which is very effective without any obvious side effect. When I travel, 3-4 capsules of 20000 Unit (the green capsules) with meal will keep me safe for most of the day. But the worry about the side effect of long period of usage pushs me to find alternative medicine. The luckily, I found that by chance, the non-prescription 3-400 mg of capsules of Nattokinase (3-4 x 2000 FUs) with meal has the same, if not better effect to keep me dry for most of the day. Hope it helps anyone who may need it.”

crabtownc · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 29, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I take Creon 25000 (2 with meals, 1 with snacks) because I take Somatulin for NET tumors and it upsets pancreatic function. Originally wasn't impressed, so after 4 months, with my Dr's OK, I suspended it... but the symptoms came back in spades. I'm now more religious about dosage and timing and find it helps immensely (back on it 8 months). Helps with gas, bloating, diarrhea, greasy stools, smell. Not always totally effective, but I haven't restricted what I eat or drink and suppose if I were better at that, I'd have more success. Good luck to others!”

Di · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I have pancreatic cancer and have been dealing with digestive problems since the diagnosis. I've lost 45# and I haven't been able to eliminate diarrhea in the 2 months of chemo. My potassium has dropped to a point where the drs are considering stopping treatments until I can get blood counts under control. I've been taking the Creon enzymes for 3 days. Total difference. I have an appetite, slept 7 hours straight, less gassiness, no pain and I've gained 2#. I feel great. Absolutely a miracle drug for me as I watched myself waste away.”

Blanca · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

Zenpep (pancrelipase) for Chronic Pancreatitis: “Started using Aenpep. No side effects but honestly it does not work. I been in pain ever since I started taking it. I take it during each meal and I am in pain. Pertyze is what really works for me but my insurance does not want to cover it :( it sucks that we paid too much for insurance and I have to beg for my meds. Actually is the only one I take. I eat well - I gave up sweets and red meat, coffee, not to many carbs but I hurt. I go on liquid diets for 3 days if not more. As soon as I eat there is my pain again with this pills.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

Creon (pancrelipase) for Chronic Pancreatitis: “First,,this drug is EXPENSIVE. MY regular insurance denied paying for it 3x..I had to have my doctor fight with them on the phone saying this is the ONLY current viable drug for Panceatic insufficiency..they still complained. My stomach was in very bad pain, loose stool and extreme bloating. After ONE day of use (5 pills of 12000 units) my bloating reduced 50%. The frequency of loose still is down to only once a day vs 3-4 x a day pre-Creon. The pain is beginning to improve. HOWEVER--this drug has given me one of the RARE side effects listed in warnings "HIVES". My back wont stop itching..UGHH So-now I have to decide between abdominal pain all day or having scratching all day... I have to ask the doctor for anti- itch pills now.. ANYONE ELSE GET ITCHING?”

Peggy Marshall August 19, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “When I first started using this medication, after one day of use my next bowel movement was a long, fully formed with no appearance of undigested food. Extreme urgency gone after about five years of very disruptive diarrhea.”

tacticalmadness1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “This medication did absolutely nothing to resolve my EPI disorder (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) even with a recommended increase in dosage. I continued to have frequent explosive diarrhea problems. I have had many medical problems during my 76 yrs of life and recovered but, EPI is the worst medical problem I have ever had. It will not go away.”

motguy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Whether it was the medicine or not, I had abdominal pain after taking Creon for 2 months. I cut the dosage back, had more tests run on abdomen, which showed nothing. Have been taking a dosing capsule of 24,000 units with each meal since February and have had no side effects. No more runny stools or frequent trips to the rest room. Have an appointment and lab work later this month.”

Fed up woman · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase) for Chronic Pancreatitis: “After a gastric bypass 4 yrs ago then followed by gall bladder removal I was left with chronic unpredictable diarrhea, pain, bloating and nausea. Recent tests showed I had EPI (Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency)and my pancreas was not producing enough if any enzymes. A week ago I was prescribed Creon 10000 by the hospital. I feel so ill taking them. The pain and bloating have gone but am still getting diarrhea, bad nausea, a vile taste in my mouth that taints everything I eat / drink and awful headaches. I take 2 capsules with a meal twice a day then 1 with any snacks. I cannot eat normal meals due to the gadtric bypass so I tend to graze throughout the day every 2/3 hours. Is this normal and will the symptoms go eventually or will it always be like this. I am truly sick and tired of it all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 1, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase) for Chronic Pancreatitis: “I was diagnosed with Chronic pancreatitis when I was 38 and not a drinker only on special occasions. Since then I have been taking creon 3 tabs at 25000 with each meal and it has helped remarkably - no more stools floating or fatty...less pain and feeling much more normal again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase) for Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Wonderful”

Brenna · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2018

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “These enzymes dehydrated me so badly and lowered my blood pressure a lot. The price is insane. I've switched to natural digestive enzymes with probiotics and am having fantastic results. I really hated how huge the capsules were. They were very hard to swallow. My monthly dosage now costs me less than 8 dollars (compared to one thousand for zenpep!!!)”