User Reviews for Pancrelipase to treat Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction

Also known as: Creon, Zenpep, Pancreaze, Viokace, Pertzye, Viokase, Viokase 16, Viokase 8

Pancrelipase Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction.

Reviews for Pancrelipase

tacticalmadness1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase): "This medication did absolutely nothing to resolve my EPI disorder (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) even with a recommended increase in dosage. I continued to have frequent explosive diarrhea problems. I have had many medical problems during my 76 yrs of life and recovered but, EPI is the worst medical problem I have ever had. It will not go away."

motguy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase): "Whether it was the medicine or not, I had abdominal pain after taking Creon for 2 months. I cut the dosage back, had more tests run on abdomen, which showed nothing. Have been taking a dosing capsule of 24,000 units with each meal since February and have had no side effects. No more runny stools or frequent trips to the rest room. Have an appointment and lab work later this month."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

Creon (pancrelipase): "Wonderful"

Brenna · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2018

"These enzymes dehydrated me so badly and lowered my blood pressure a lot. The price is insane. I've switched to natural digestive enzymes with probiotics and am having fantastic results. I really hated how huge the capsules were. They were very hard to swallow. My monthly dosage now costs me less than 8 dollars (compared to one thousand for zenpep!!!)"

Dik Mitchell, age 85 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2018

Creon (pancrelipase): "Creon is great for my Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI), taken almost three years. Without Creon have explosive diarrhea. But my dosage is tiny compared to many, one 3,000 liapase capsule with all meals or snacks."

Sue English · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 22, 2017

Zenpep (pancrelipase): "I was diagnosed 2 years ago with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I have had chemo and radiation and I am doing very well. When first diagnosed I was on Creon I had no side effects but wanted something a little less expensive, so my Oncologist suggested I try Zenpep. It works great, as long as I don't forget and skip a dose, when I skip a dose all my symptoms come roaring back, gas, pain, cramps and loose bowls."

bill shutt December 31, 2016

"After a whipple procedure I need to take these. Now about the finance.... I take 8 of the blue pills daily, 2 at meals ,1 at snacks. cost about $80.00 every day. I'm on medicare w/ part D.coverage. is there a cheaper genetic?"

girasole · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2016

Creon (pancrelipase): "I was prescribed Creon for EPI. While on this medication I experienced very little, if any, relief from my symptoms. The side effect were horrendous - headache, hot flashes, coughing, memory issues (straining to remember words) and joint pain in my upper leg and tail bone. Within 24 hours of stopping the medication ALL side effects disappeared."

NigelCO · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2016

Creon (pancrelipase): "Side effect's kicked in were worse than my condition. Already take zofran for nausea & vomiting. This drug actually started me vomiting again. If you have depression & anxiety issues & pain issues in joint's, etc... can make it worse & over ride medication. Thank goodness my doctor gave me samples because extremely expensive even with insurance. Do not take if you are allergic or don't take/eat pork ingredient's...I'm not - but is warning I wasn't told about."

Sick Tummy March 15, 2016

Creon (pancrelipase): "I had immediate problems when I started taking this medication. Honestly, I thought it was a placebo, because I had all of the symptoms that caused me to take the med in the first place. Definitely did not work for me."

777 777 August 4, 2014

Creon (pancrelipase): "Marginally slowed chronic bowel dysfunction. Bowel movements remain watery and loose."

Anonymous May 20, 2011

Pancrease MT 20 (pancrelipase): "My pancreas has been removed ..this is very expensive but if no pancraes it is vital to survive."

CF pt May 7, 2010

Ultrase MT 20 (pancrelipase): "Ultrase was the only enzyme that worked best for me."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

Creon (pancrelipase): "Creon is great. If I do not take it I suffer severe pain."